Hello , I'm Walten from Aruaonline

Who are you and where do you come from? :)

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: Hello , I'm Walten from Aruaonline

Postby walten on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:12 pm

I am not exactly what you can call a new member , i have been around the rose community since 2008, i just woke up one day and thought there is no point in playing games and decided to do something more creative, i used this forum since a long time , but its just recently that i decided to become a member.
I am not doing stuff for Matt, i do it for my self and the players.

If the essay I just wrote in this topic shows anything, its that Matt and I aren't on the same wavelength, but this doesnt mean I don't have respect for him nor that I have hard feelings against him.
And there is no way someone can steal my models if i release them open source.

I don't know who is the best developper between icon and Matt, and it doesnt really matter , all the rose people should have been developping one server instead of running those pathetic little wars among themselves. Thats what i think.

I wont be a 3d modeller , its an hobby for me, im doing civil engineering.

Oh and btw how is the game called that you are working on icon?

And for Matt: you should punish the aggressive and racists comments on forums, wich are mostly aimed at players from the phillipines, many young people are playing this game and I dont think that they should feel like racism is tolerable.

Ill remove my firsts posts since they are meant to be a private discussion between me and Matt, and they are contradicting everything that i try to achieve.

I also wish that this topic doesnt turn into a a battlefield.
walten
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby ICON on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:00 pm

I worked/owned Inferno Rose and Seven Skies Online Also worked on Malaysia Rose Online (Official Server). But Me and my team wanted something more than just private Servers or Dead Official ones. We currently are in developing a FPS (unnamed atm) And in developments on a MMORPG Sub Named Prod Its a short name to be expanded later on when we are further along. As for your comment about the wars between servers The rose community was the worst i ever seen in it When I worked on L2 all the servers shared different things with each other. I mean I wrote NPC's for another server owner just cause he asked. It was stuff like that i wanted to see in Rose but the higher lvl developers from the bigger servers did not have the same feelings.
Move along move along like i know you Should.

New games in the making....
ICON
Clown
Clown

Postby xadet3 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:26 pm

If you think ROSE was bad you should've seen the Flyff community. I spent a couple of weeks reversing file formats and working on a map editor and even in that short space of time people were leaking other folk's work every single day, it was utterly shit.
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby walten on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:15 pm

well we could be an exemple and start with ourselves!

And Omg u worked on seven skies i have been searching the whole web to find out about that server.

Its abit like the lost city of atlantis of rose for me, its a server that was announced to be huge , that had a huge potential and suddenly it disapeared and theres nothing mentionning what happened!
You did a completely new skill system with mo-cap and started doing introduction videos for each class ( or maybe i only dreamed about this introduction videos).
So yeah what happened to seven skies?
I would love to do a trailer on my own for rose in the future!

also about the new game how is it called and wich game engine is it using?
And how about the project to port the rose game to a new engine? I heard there was a rose game working on ogre 3d but its still a rumor for me
I think matt is also interested in porting rose to a new game engine.

damn damn so many things that i want to do!
walten
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Circa on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:20 am

Sevenskies shut down, it had very good potential they were changing the game, but ROSE community is really dying :/, the ones left are those in titan, arua, and scattered on every other small pservers.

I don't think anyone really worked on making the new client around ogre 3d.
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby Driven on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:26 pm

walten wrote:I don't know who is the best developper between icon and Matt, and it doesnt really matter , all the rose people should have been developping one server instead of running those pathetic little wars among themselves. Thats what i think.

I publically stated years ago (~2010 I think) that the best thing for ROSE would be to merge all the servers into one. It would've had to have been a merge then and it still would today. Too many bad words and too many butts have been hurt for anything like this to happen now. A few years ago, it would've been amazing. A single server, thousands of players, many active developers makes one amazing game.

The thing with L2 servers is that they're open source. I know this, because I also ran one. osROSE and auROSE were the best hopes for bringing something like this to ROSE but the developers who would've made it happen just stayed with their own servers really - whose to blame them, though. Each server needs something unique to compete.

[ removed a bunch of stuff, can't be bothered with a walloftext ]

I also edited out my posts, Walten. I didn't want to clutter the forum with crap which is why I pastebin'd my reply to icon which should've expired by now.
Driven
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Juan on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:53 pm

It was stuff like that i wanted to see in Rose but the higher lvl developers from the bigger servers did not have the same feelings.

What about brett/exjam/xadets that gave all file formats, some tools, a client (exjam) and many tutorials. What about raven that worked on osirose?
I myself gave almost all my works on this forum.

The only true selfish-skilled developers that i know are MaTT (Mr. colpaert) and SirKane.
Juan
Rackie
Rackie

Postby ICON on Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:17 am

walten wrote:well we could be an exemple and start with ourselves!

And Omg u worked on seven skies i have been searching the whole web to find out about that server.

Its abit like the lost city of atlantis of rose for me, its a server that was announced to be huge , that had a huge potential and suddenly it disapeared and theres nothing mentionning what happened!
You did a completely new skill system with mo-cap and started doing introduction videos for each class ( or maybe i only dreamed about this introduction videos).
So yeah what happened to seven skies?
I would love to do a trailer on my own for rose in the future!

also about the new game how is it called and wich game engine is it using?
And how about the project to port the rose game to a new engine? I heard there was a rose game working on ogre 3d but its still a rumor for me
I think matt is also interested in porting rose to a new game engine.

damn damn so many things that i want to do!

Circa is correct about the dyeing community.
But we spent 3 years making Seven Skies, The Team was Me Raven Arnold and Loki <--(nobody knows loki) I lead the project but we all owned a part of it I guess. Anyways When we felt it was perfect to launch I mean it was solid The Rose Community seemed dead nothing more left. Fox who started the skills and Mo-Capping Quit the team and moved on to other things. We picked up a new 3d Dev but he diapered doing school work and such. I have spoke to him in a while. I wanted to electric shock the Rose game when we started the project. 3 + years of work and to find we were to late for the community kinda cut. So We cut our loss and moved on. Not anyone to play it no sense in running it.

So I still have the complete Sources Server Client Tools ect, But Since we never really launched we tried to sell the project just either people wanted it but could not pay for it or others just wanted us to reopen it. Like I said I still Own the name and still have all my data for it just seemed to be that no matter what we did it would still not blow up cause the game itself has died.

Our new games are built on different engines FPS is built on Unity and our MMORPG will be built on Esenthel engine 2.0 Unity has more fps ability and Esenthel engine is a strong engine for a MMO.
We spent many years working on Private server games have done a lot more than just Rose, Our only direction was to move to a Official Game Company. So we have started our new company and now just trying to make Quality Games. (DeadBox)(Is a temp name for the FPS) (Proditoris)(Is a temp name for the MMORPG) And Yes Matt I read your Reply. As for L2 I worked with the Official files not the l2Junk. But it was all around a much stronger community.
Move along move along like i know you Should.

New games in the making....
ICON
Clown
Clown

Postby walten on Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:36 pm

what about the seven skies trailers for each class did i just dream about them cause i can't honestly tell!

ow and upload all ur data open source!
walten
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Circa on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:34 pm

walten wrote:what about the seven skies trailers for each class did i just dream about them cause i can't honestly tell!

ow and upload all ur data open source!

there were videos showing that dealers could dual wield two pistols or something like that, and showing new skills and new ui.
lol, he said he's selling the source, at most if he/(or his team) is generous could post their tools/plug-in's(with or without source), but highly unlikely :P
Circa
Clown
Clown

PreviousNext

Return to Who are you people?