Hello ROSE Universe!

Who are you and where do you come from? :)

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Hello ROSE Universe!

Postby hlajr on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:45 am

Hi Everyone!

Just call me HLAJR. I have been lured by Arua since the early Philippine ROSE era in 2005 if I remember it right (oops 10years ago). ROSE Online was my first and only MMORPG that I have decently played, the other was Ragnarok Online where I just create an account, log-in to see it in-game and then forget about it. I even spent cash for ROSE since the official Philippine version then started in a pay-to-play mode, where in we buy Load Card to top-up our account and to be able to play the game. I have managed to collect a bunch of these cards as a collection but after long years decided to give it to my nieces for fun.

After the Philippine ROSE closes, again if I remember it right, August of 2007, I just then decided to explore other ROSE alternatives going into NAROSE and was later lured into Private Servers which is great for its faster leveling (I just reach Level 97 in the official PH ROSE), good players and community and new items.

And when I happen to know about this forum and the idea of having and putting up your own Open Source ROSE server, things just become more of Fun and Excitement. Who's ROSE player would not want his or her own ROSE Server? but of course the endeavor would not just be an easy thing.

So here it is! I am now into OSROSE adventure! With various challanges of course but a great fun and a rewarding satisfaction as you go along the way!

First, I am not really a Hard Core Programmer - though I took Information Technology, since Electronics is my first love, I was aligned into Computer Hardware Servicing both in the academe and in the industry. My software track builds upon HTML, CSS and Web Development, though just recently learned PHP. My programming was way back in college starting with Pascal then C and C++ but just the very basic. One thing though, I believe I can be confident with my logic.

I have now for more than a year come up with my local ROSE Server doing trial and error patches with what I can download and learn from this forum and the web. Though I have not yet do any actual coding or editing the actual OS ROSE source code since I have not manage to run and compile it, I just used the downloaded Binary / EXEs to run the server and thinker with the other stuff like the database, tables stuff, and Client Files to come up with what I want for my server which I intend to use for my, now a 2 year old, child and her cousins on our home LAN.

So Let's all enjoy these incredible piece of invention!

Long live ROSE! More Power to Open Source ROSE community!
Last edited by hlajr on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Doing the right thing is the right thing to do!
hlajr
Smoulie
Smoulie

Re: Hello ROSE Universe!

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Hi Hlajr

You would appear to be part of the new generation of rosarians who have played it since the very start, grown up and started their own family and now want to introduce their children to it.
A lot of people are doing this now and it's wonderful to see the resurgence of interest in this game.

My own story is similar but a little different.
It was my kids who first played it in their pre-teens, begging me to come play with them. I did.... and it stuck :D
Got into private server coding shortly after NARose went pay to play and I've been here ever since.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby hlajr on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:02 am

PurpleYouko wrote:Hi Hlajr

You would appear to be part of the new generation of rosarians who have played it since the very start, grown up and started their own family and now want to introduce their children to it.
A lot of people are doing this now and it's wonderful to see the resurgence of interest in this game.

My own story is similar but a little different.
It was my kids who first played it in their pre-teens, begging me to come play with them. I did.... and it stuck :D
Got into private server coding shortly after NARose went pay to play and I've been here ever since.

Hi PY!

I also got a little bit of introduction (nagging) to ROSE before I give in. It was my brother's friends who got to ROSE Philippines first and I was dragged :lol: into it. First hesitant since I am not that really into computer games specially Online RPG game since I only have enjoyed RA2, Capitalism and Caesar 3 precisely. But since these teens(actually already in their college) began to venture in a computer gaming and internet cafe of their own, which I was commissioned to build from ground up (Computer Unit assembly, LAN and cabling set-up, Router and WiFi Setup) I was drawn to play the games that they cater to their clients because I need also to somewhat understand these games specially when problems are encountered that will be needed to be corrected which they always come to me for assistance.

And the rest is history... :lol:
Last edited by hlajr on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
hlajr
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:33 pm

Welcome, looks like we all got some sort of similar story ahah.

Back in 2004 i was 14 and some friend keep telling me that he found a very cool game.
After a while i went there, it was pre reset irose and we had the time of our lives, we liked the game so much we would play in the morning before going to class.

Then with server closing and everything i went to private server, starting from johny bravo first release where you could only move around and spawn jelly beans ( ahh the gamerzplanet time ).

I don't have kids ( and not willing to i'm still young :p ) but me and friends sometimes have fun with a rose sessions on LAN ( yeah yeah we would setup a server and play in LAN with like 6 computers :p )
My collection ( Tools, clients sources...)
https://mega.nz/#F!AdcFnQDL!sKp3O9tWGGdWvLEj_EYfwA
osrose mobile project
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5787
OsRose Mobile development + Titan Rose redesign
https://github.com/shid0x
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby hlajr on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:33 pm

ROSE on LAN, that was really the reason that gets me here in dev-rose forum.

1st, who would not want his/her ROSE Server if he/she has been with ROSE one time in their life.

2nd, Up to now, we have not yet got a stable internet connection in our new place. The telecom company that caters to DSL services says they are already in full capacity in our place and unless new equipment will be installed, they can only offer wireless connectivity which in my experience is not stable in our area besides being too costly.

3rd, would like to introduce the game to my daugther and her cousins once they are in their gaming years without relying or resorting to internet connection.

4th, learn something that I do enjoy.

And a lot more...
Last edited by hlajr on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
hlajr
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:39 pm

hlajr wrote:ROSE on LAN, that was really the reason that gets me here in dev-rose forum.

1st, who would not want his/her ROSE Server if he/she has been with ROSE one time in their life.

2nd, Up to now, we have not yet got a stable internet connection in our new place. The telecom company that caters to DSL services says they are already in full capacity in our place and unless new equipment will be installed, they can only offer wireless connectivity which in my experience is not stable in our area besides being too costly.

3rd, would like to introduce the game to my daugther and her cousins once they are in their gaming years without relying or resorting to internet connection.

4th, learn something that I do enjoy.

And a lot more...

Damn even if i've been here 12 years now i still feel young :o
Everyone is the rose world has child its crazy ( purple,rob,brett...).

Anyways its cool to see i'm not the only one enjoying the lan mode ahah.
Last time i remember logging on like 20 bot account and playing with 6 of my friends fighting aqua kings with low level chars for good old day nostalgia, it was pretty sick.
osrose mobile project
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:51 pm

My kids are old enough to have their own kids. lol
One of them is married and the other is a first grade teacher now. :D
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:38 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:My kids are old enough to have their own kids. lol

Damn now i want to see grandpa purple showing KTrose to his grandchilds :)
Passing the game from generation to generation would be awesome.
osrose mobile project
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Katy on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:21 pm

XxXshidoXxX wrote:

Maybe sooner than you think~!
Katy
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:30 am

Katy wrote:
XxXshidoXxX wrote:

Maybe sooner than you think~!

Ohhh... :P
Do you have some insider info on the matter ? are you seducing purple childs ?
be carefull tho, if you want to marry purple's legacy you have to be able to code a map editor in excel to have his blessing ;D
osrose mobile project
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Next

Return to Who are you people?