Some beginner questions (1: (DEV-)REV, 2: Patching,3: Xampp)

How do you use the forum? Also Technical News.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
This forum is NOT a forum where you post a technical questions about osRose, osiRose or ospRose. Use the dedicated forum for that!

Re: Some beginner questions (1: (DEV-)REV, 2: Patching,3: Xampp)

Postby Zwodo on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:45 pm

hmm, i have no clue where to start^^
1. i think my "list_npcs"-db is bugged, it just shows a few NPCs (no mons) and a lot of lines saying "Gate", so I imported "npc_data"-db and changed it there, but this file doesn´t change anything in the server...
Now i realized, that at least the NPCs are in "list_npcs" so i changed july there, but I first changed her dialog ID, now she doesn´t give me a quest from Santa (she has the scroll over her head, meaning she should give me a quest.)
Now i changed her Event id, TOO, so now I can use the christmas event, santa spawns trees, and i can exchange snow crystals, but i still have some unnormal things:

1. Judy doens´t warp me to santa planetoid, just (seems) to give me a quest, while my player refers to her as "Santa, won´t you give me a present?".
It isn´t that important because I have a go command to santa planetoid, but how is Judy´s normal speech ID?
2. on santa planetoid i get some shouts which tell me to use "/prize" to get event items for santa lotteries, but that doesn´t work AND i don´t want it, either
3. a shout in zant tells me to go to santa planetoid via the back of tryteh´s house, but normally (with the event i have NOW) it shouldn´t be like this.^^

i hope anyone can understand me here xD
and can someone upload "list_npcs" if mine is bugged? because of that, I can´t change the monsters... (lvl, exp, etc.)
Zwodo
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby lmame on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:33 pm

Zwodo wrote:hmm, i have no clue where to start^^
1. i think my "list_npcs"-db is bugged, it just shows a few NPCs (no mons) and a lot of lines saying "Gate", so I imported "npc_data"-db and changed it there, but this file doesn´t change anything in the server...

To create the list_npcs file you need to use ifonpcdumper:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2409
The monsters are not spawned here but in list_mobgroups, only the NPCs have their spawn location there.
The monsters and npcs informations are loaded from list_npcs.stb.

Zwodo wrote:Now i realized, that at least the NPCs are in "list_npcs" so i changed july there, but I first changed her dialog ID, now she doesn´t give me a quest from Santa (she has the scroll over her head, meaning she should give me a quest.)
Now i changed her Event id, TOO, so now I can use the christmas event, santa spawns trees, and i can exchange snow crystals, but i still have some unnormal things:

You have to change the eventid from Judy, not the dialog id, ONLY the eventid I thought my previous thread was "crystal" clear (ah ah ah...)

Zwodo wrote:1. Judy doens´t warp me to santa planetoid, just (seems) to give me a quest, while my player refers to her as "Santa, won´t you give me a present?".

I told you, for her to warp you to Santa Planetoid, you need to have at least one "snow crystal" which is a regular drop item dropped from monsters you kill.
When you got at least one, go see here again!

Zwodo wrote:It isn´t that important because I have a go command to santa planetoid, but how is Judy´s normal speech ID?

I made a screenshot, can't read it? :roll:.
Before you have the snow crystal she tells you this:
download/file.php?id=1825&mode=view
When you got one, she tells you she can warp you to Santa Planetoid. So go kill some monsters or give yourself this item :roll: itemtype 12 itemnum 416.

Zwodo wrote:2. on santa planetoid i get some shouts which tell me to use "/prize" to get event items for santa lotteries, but that doesn´t work AND i don´t want it, either
3. a shout in zant tells me to go to santa planetoid via the back of tryteh´s house, but normally (with the event i have NOW) it shouldn´t be like this.^^

I already answered this :roll:
lmame wrote:Discard the shout, it's a custom quest from PurpleYouko:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3110&p=35183&hilit=custom+quest#p35183

Zwodo wrote:i hope anyone can understand me here xD
and can someone upload "list_npcs" if mine is bugged? because of that, I can´t change the monsters... (lvl, exp, etc.)

Monsters are NOT in the list_npcs... Spawns are in list_mobgroups.
And do yourself the file with the link I gave you!

I suggest you read what I'm writing, I don't like repeating myself :roll:
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby Zwodo on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:35 am

First of all, wow, for such a (long and quite unfriendly) post, but it seems like you completely misunderstood me..

lmame wrote:To create the list_npcs file you need to use ifonpcdumper:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2409
The monsters are not spawned here but in list_mobgroups, only the NPCs have their spawn location there.
The monsters and npcs informations are loaded from list_npcs.stb.

Thanks for that, that helped me.

lmame wrote:You have to change the eventid from Judy, not the dialog id, ONLY the eventid I thought my previous thread was "crystal" clear (ah ah ah...)

I know, but I asked for the STANDARD dialog ID, SO i can change it BACK. :D

lmame wrote:I told you, for her to warp you to Santa Planetoid, you need to have at least one "snow crystal" which is a regular drop item dropped from monsters you kill.

I HAD 316 snow crystals...

lmame wrote:I made a screenshot, can't read it? :roll:.
When you got one, she tells you she can warp you to Santa Planetoid. So go kill some monsters or give yourself this item :roll: itemtype 12 itemnum 416.

no she doesn´t, EXACTLY that is my question: what is her normal dialog ID, SO SHE SAYS IT?
like i said, i accidentaly changed her dialog ID before the event id, so i need to get her old dialog id, but never mind, I already looked into a backup..

lmame wrote:I already answered this :roll:
lmame wrote:Discard the shout, it's a custom quest from PurpleYouko:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3110&p=35183&hilit=custom+quest#p35183

Not really, you just said it´s a quest from PurpleYouko, and gave me a link to a totally different thread, with her event as a side-side-topic, but I got it now, too..

lmame wrote:Monsters are NOT in the list_npcs... Spawns are in list_mobgroups.

Hell, why are you shouting at me???
1st: you didn´t give me ANY link regarding the mon before my post man! you wrote the link in the same post you´re blaming me...
HOW THE HECK should I read a link you were just writing???
2nd: I know that monsters are NOT in the list_npcs from your first quote now, no need to get fed up with me

lmame wrote:I suggest you read what I'm writing, I don't like repeating myself :roll:

I suggest you the same... even though you´re an admin, please, take your time^^
Zwodo
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby lmame on Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:18 am

Zwodo wrote:First of all, wow, for such a (long and quite unfriendly) post, but it seems like you completely misunderstood me..

We'll see that ;)

Zwodo wrote:
lmame wrote:You have to change the eventid from Judy, not the dialog id, ONLY the eventid I thought my previous thread was "crystal" clear (ah ah ah...)

I know, but I asked for the STANDARD dialog ID, SO i can change it BACK. :D

You have the original database in your "database/list_npcs.sql" folder you could look at it next time :)
So it's 305.

Zwodo wrote:
lmame wrote:I told you, for her to warp you to Santa Planetoid, you need to have at least one "snow crystal" which is a regular drop item dropped from monsters you kill.

I HAD 316 snow crystals...

Well if you have wrong dialog id it explains things...

Zwodo wrote:
lmame wrote:I made a screenshot, can't read it? :roll:.

no she doesn´t, EXACTLY that is my question: what is her normal dialog ID, SO SHE SAYS IT?
like i said, i accidentaly changed her dialog ID before the event id, so i need to get her old dialog id, but never mind, I already looked into a backup..

And like I said you don't need backups since you have the original "database/list_npcs.sql" file you could just have take a look at it.
Btw, if you make a new one with ifonpcdumper in the link I gave you, the dialog ID will be there too.

Zwodo wrote:
lmame wrote:I already answered this :roll:

Not really, you just said it´s a quest from PurpleYouko, and gave me a link to a totally different thread, with her event as a side-side-topic, but I got it now, too..

I gave the link so you could disable his quest system.

Zwodo wrote:
lmame wrote:Monsters are NOT in the list_npcs... Spawns are in list_mobgroups.

Hell, why are you shouting at me???
1st: you didn´t give me ANY link regarding the mon before my post man! you wrote the link in the same post you´re blaming me...
HOW THE HECK should I read a link you were just writing???
2nd: I know that monsters are NOT in the list_npcs from your first quote now, no need to get fed up with me

I'm irritated because:
1°) you didn't look in forum where spawns were (and there are tons of threads on that),
2°) you didn't look in the few mysql tables that exist in osRose, and there are very few of them compared to other games,
So yes, after the same question asked like 20 times, I don't feel sorry but I get bored and so I yell.

Zwodo wrote:
lmame wrote:I suggest you read what I'm writing, I don't like repeating myself :roll:

I suggest you the same... even though you´re an admin, please, take your time^^

I do, if you make efforts yourself. And on some things obviously you didn't try very hard to think or search.
I mean, now clear your head and see again some of your questions about the "lost" dialog ID and the monsters. You really think you couldn't find that alone or searching forum? Be honest.
Beeing an admin here doesn't mean I'm at your service.
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby Zwodo on Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:54 am

lmame wrote:You have the original database in your "database/list_npcs.sql" folder you could look at it next time :)
So it's 305.

I did, like i wrote later in my post.

lmame wrote:Well if you have wrong dialog id it explains things...

It does, that´s why asked for the dialog ID because i thought it has something to do with it.^^

lmame wrote:And like I said you don't need backups since you have the original "database/list_npcs.sql" file you could just have take a look at it.
Btw, if you make a new one with ifonpcdumper in the link I gave you, the dialog ID will be there too.

I kinda mean that with "backup" xD

lmame wrote:I gave the link so you could disable his quest system.

No further comment than:
Zwodo wrote:[...], but I got it now, too..

lmame wrote:I'm irritated because:
1°) you didn't look in forum where spawns were (and there are tons of threads on that),
2°) you didn't look in the few mysql tables that exist in osRose, and there are very few of them compared to other games,
So yes, after the same question asked like 20 times, I don't feel sorry but I get bored and so I yell.

1.) I didn´t - you´re right in that, I took the opportunity of having an open thread and asked it there, so I would have (kind of) personal answers and don´t have to read some from others, who sometimes are talking of something totally different if you know what I mean.^^
2.) THAT i did, otherwise I wouldn´t know that there are no mobs in "list_npcs" (mobs are in STB, so no SQL), that spawns aren´t defined in "list_spawnareas", even though it seems like it o.O, that "npc_data", is useless (well, I added, anyway xD), etc.. Maybe I didn´t look VERY thoroughly enough, but I DID look.^^

lmame wrote:I do, if you make efforts yourself. And on some things obviously you didn't try very hard to think or search.
I mean, now clear your head and see again some of your questions about the "lost" dialog ID and the monsters. You really think you couldn't find that alone or searching forum? Be honest.

Hmm, yes, honestly I didn´t look clearly enough, especially with the dialog part, because (see above) I took the opportunity to have an opened thread (believe me, I normally search A LOT and EVERYTHING, I have over 50 bookmarks regarding to this forum here, which I want/need to read :D)

lmame wrote:Beeing an admin here doesn't mean I'm at your service.

Hehe, I never said that, I would have told the same things to a normal member, who typed exactly what you did, if you know what I mean.
Hehe, but thanks for your help, after all, it helped ^^
Zwodo
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby lmame on Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:18 am

Zwodo wrote:
lmame wrote:I'm irritated because:

1.) I didn´t - you´re right in that, I took the opportunity of having an open thread and asked it there, so I would have (kind of) personal answers and don´t have to read some from others, who sometimes are talking of something totally different if you know what I mean.^^
2.) THAT i did, otherwise I wouldn´t know that there are no mobs in "list_npcs" (mobs are in STB, so no SQL), that spawns aren´t defined in "list_spawnareas", even though it seems like it o.O, that "npc_data", is useless (well, I added, anyway xD), etc.. Maybe I didn´t look VERY thoroughly enough, but I DID look.^^

It wasn't clear what you were looking for. If it was monster spawns (list_mobgroups mysql table) or simply their stats, strength, HP, exp and so on which is (like NPCs) in list_npc.stb.
Respawnareas are simply respawns places for the player in the maps.

Zwodo wrote:
lmame wrote:I do, if you make efforts yourself. And on some things obviously you didn't try very hard to think or search.

Hmm, yes, honestly I didn´t look clearly enough, especially with the dialog part, because (see above) I took the opportunity to have an opened thread (believe me, I normally search A LOT and EVERYTHING, I have over 50 bookmarks regarding to this forum here, which I want/need to read :D)

I know the difference between the dialog ID and event ID (event ID are subsets from dialogs in fact) can be thin.

Zwodo wrote:
lmame wrote:Beeing an admin here doesn't mean I'm at your service.

Hehe, I never said that, I would have told the same things to a normal member, who typed exactly what you did, if you know what I mean.
Hehe, but thanks for your help, after all, it helped ^^

Ok ;)
lmame
Admin
Admin

Previous

Return to Some Help / News