Neoncube errors with Win 7

How do you use the forum? Also Technical News.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
This forum is NOT a forum where you post a technical questions about osRose, osiRose or ospRose. Use the dedicated forum for that!

Neoncube errors with Win 7

Postby Circa on Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:33 pm

Well, like the title says I'm using Windows 7 and neoncube, but they're not getting along :/. It semi-works. I'm using the one without confing.ini or whatever it is.

The problem is that if you want to play the game you need to run it normally, but it won't patch, and it gets an error that won't find the patch/patch.txt or something along those lines.

If you have to patch you have to run it as administrator, and if you try to launch the game as admin the client will get an error and close itself.

Other than that it works, but having to deal with running as admin or not just to patch or play is annoying. Especially if I have players wanting to connect and don't know if there is a patch so they connect to the game, but this does get people to go on forums and check more often if their is a patch lol.

If this has been brought up before, then that's my bad. I searched for it, but I guess I didn't catch it.
Circa
Clown
Clown

Re: Neoncube errors with Win 7

Postby Azada on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:49 am

disable UAC may solved your problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3d1p9qe9co

may be, i'm too late over 1 week already :D
Azada
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Circa on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:24 am

Well, then that would require everyone who uses windows 7/vista to turn off UAC, so that doesn't help.

Pretty much,

If you run as ADMINISTRATOR you're only able to patch up.
If you run it without ADMINISTRATOR you can join the server, but can't patch.
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby amaedict on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:06 pm

well the solution is simple then, find a version of neomcube that does work with windows 7 or find a coder that can fix your current one.
We Have it all ... Image
amaedict
Clown
Clown

Return to Some Help / News