We are Back, and Recruiting ...

How do you use the forum? Also Technical News.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
This forum is NOT a forum where you post a technical questions about osRose, osiRose or ospRose. Use the dedicated forum for that!

Re: We are Back, and Recruiting ...

Postby xadet3 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:50 pm

thriel wrote:Don't need to send you on a guilt trip, by the looks of it, you already there ...

You're acting like a spoilt 5 year old, I hope with the benefit of hindsight you realise what my, initially very short, point was.

thriel wrote:sorry, just had to get the last word in, im out, good luck with your stolen code and your shitty server, hope it fails as well as the other did. thank you so much for crashing my topic again, really appreciate it 8-)

Thanks! My non-existent ROSE server is prospering, it's running nearly as well as my previous non-existent ROSE servers.
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby thriel on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:59 pm

i tell you what, make it $5000 ( Euro, not US ) and ill give you access to our code ?

since that is what you are trying so hard to get your hands onto.
We Have it all at RoseZA... Image
thriel
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:55 pm

I don't see anything in the GNU General Public License http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html that states that all modifications made to software covered by said license MUST be made public.

In a nutshell, the license states that anyone can modify the code to their heart's content provided that any further distribution of the software must be done in compliance with the license

To put it another way you cannot sell your modifications.
You are free to give them away if you so wish but you have no obligation to do so.
You may keep your modifications for your self if you like.
You just cannot distribute the modified project unless you do so in compliance with the license.

I think this flame war needs to be closed for now.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Previous

Return to Some Help / News