We are Back, and Recruiting ...

How do you use the forum? Also Technical News.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
This forum is NOT a forum where you post a technical questions about osRose, osiRose or ospRose. Use the dedicated forum for that!

We are Back, and Recruiting ...

Postby thriel on Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Recruiting here in the Past has never really paid off, so not sure why im trying again, but here goes...

I know we posted that we were closing shop in May, and everyone was shocked, and released our source on the forum, BUT, we are back !!! ( and now everyone is shocked again :) )

RoseZA and Irose-Online has teamed up and this time around we aren't playing for the little league anymore. We have been working since may in silent background and We are now running on the latest Rose Client 428. We have most things working, still alot of bugs to fix, but the server runs extremely stable, so far about month since an actual server crash...

We have a few guys working on almost every aspect of the server, but We could use more crew on our team, C++ developers, c# developers, Graphic designers and so forth. if you have any ability to server side coding, tool making, client editing then drop us a line.

We are NOT interested in anyone who is looking to get hold of our source code, and please do not ask for it. We released almost 3 years work worth of source just the other day, if you looking to start a server then use Dev Rev 3, its a good solid base. We are purely interested in expanding the team and getting this project done.

feel free to post below if you are looking to join our project, or PM me if you would rather prefer that, but please, unless you have serious skill don't bother sending me stupid messages.

Hope this time around coders and developers take us more seriously, this is a great project that has proven itself many times over and anyone looking for a descent team to work with would be stupid not to contact us.
We Have it all at RoseZA... Image
thriel
Rackie
Rackie

Re: We are Back, and Recruiting ...

Postby xadet3 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:05 pm

thriel wrote:We are NOT interested in anyone who is looking to get hold of our source code, and please do not ask for it. We released almost 3 years work worth of source just the other day, if you looking to start a server then use Dev Rev 3, its a good solid base. We are purely interested in expanding the team and getting this project done.

Isn't osrose under GPL?
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby thriel on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:12 pm

O please don't try and play that card. there is more than a dozen servers out there using osrose as base, and NOT a SINGLE one has released their source, we have. Just because we moved to support the new client doesn't mean we are gonna jump at the chance to just dish everything out to everyone. We aren't working on the Osrose project, the responsibility of Osrose falls on its developers to update their code, we have been more than generous with giving back to the project, and the main reason for that was because of purpleyouko that is always helping us.

Please stay on topic, why must everything posted on this site always be twisted and turned into something else ? this is why i HATE posting here.
thriel
Rackie
Rackie

Postby xadet3 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:01 pm

That has to be the worst attempt at self-validating a GPL violation I've seen so far.

It's not playing a "card", it's pointing out that the project you're building upon is licensed under the GPL and you're violating it. You're publicly stating your intent to completely ignore the license attached to the code you've used, a license deliberately intended for projects such as this (where the core development team will disappear every few years and the project will fall into disrepair). You're willing to stifle the future of this project by not releasing potential bug fixes and features to simply boost your player count.

thriel wrote:We aren't working on the Osrose project, the responsibility of Osrose falls on its developers to update their code, we have been more than generous with giving back to the project

This tells me you haven't a clue what the license actually states. It is your responsibility to release any modifications if the code is used in any public way.
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby thriel on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:06 pm

Sue me. ill be waiting for the letter from your lawyer, altho i can tell you now what his reply will be :)
thriel
Rackie
Rackie

Postby xadet3 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:11 pm

I couldn't care less about you violating laws, I don't understand how I'm meant to sue when it isn't my code either, it's a matter of basic principle and respect. You're clearly lacking both.

Good luck, have fun, but I seriously hope no developer in their right mind ever considers working for you.
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby ExJam on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:12 pm

THUG LIFE
ExJam
Pomic
Pomic

Postby thriel on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:19 pm

this coming from the horses mouth.... should you be one to talk about rights... tell me, your so called friends that you work with, how did they obtain the source code to the official server, and is it in their rights to keep that code and manipulate it as they please ? is it in their rights to go around telling others they have access to that code ? this is just one incedent, im sure there are others.

even if you aren't directly involved with it, it is your friends, and you have worked with them, done business with them.

please don't judge before taking the log out of your eye, i asked nicely not to start this on this topic, but every damn time it must come down to this.

I am not only one on project, i cant over rule everyone else and just start posting code, i am no asshole ... when i had the right to post code i did, 258 revisions worth of bug fixes ( how many did you release ? ) o wait, none, instead you sold your tools for a quick buck ...

[ and i know you cant sue me, i was being sarcastic... ]

dont bother replying, im done, im in a good mood and not gonna let you spoil it, im done here, i will move to ragezone and other forums, i knew this was pointless, was just proven right.

Mods, lock the topic please
thriel
Rackie
Rackie

Postby xadet3 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:36 pm

thriel wrote:this coming from the horses mouth.... should you be one to talk about rights... tell me, your so called friends that you work with, how did they obtain the source code to the official server, and is it in their rights to keep that code and manipulate it as they please ? is it in their rights to go around telling others they have access to that code ? this is just one incedent, im sure there are others.

even if you aren't directly involved with it, it is your friends, and you have worked with them, done business with them.

please don't judge before taking the log out of your eye, i asked nicely not to start this on this topic, but every damn time it must come down to this.

I'd love for you to go into the details of the moral complications of using the source code for a dying game created by a company liquidated 5 years ago to gain and release knowledge unobtainable through any other means, in other words, this is information that would've been lost forever.

I can't even contemplate in the first place why you'd compare a blatant GPL violation of a community written project with a dead commercial product used to greater benefit the community (how do you think all of the complete file formats suddenly appeared).

I am not only one on project, i cant over rule everyone else and just start posting code, i am no asshole ... when i had the right to post code i did, 258 revisions worth of bug fixes
thriel wrote:how many did you release ?

None, seeing as I don't use osrose or have ever developed for it.

thriel wrote:dont bother replying, im done, im in a good mood and not gonna let you spoil it, im done here, i will move to ragezone and other forums, i knew this was pointless, was just proven right.

Are you seriously trying to send me on a guilt trip...
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby thriel on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:42 pm

Don't need to send you on a guilt trip, by the looks of it, you already there ...

sorry, just had to get the last word in, im out, good luck with your stolen code and your shitty server, hope it fails as well as the other did. thank you so much for crashing my topic again, really appreciate it 8-)
thriel
Rackie
Rackie

Next

Return to Some Help / News