Vaffel - A cross platform ROSE server emulator

Here you can talk about anything you want ;)

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: pRoseEmu - A multiplatform ROSE server emulator

Postby Jckf on Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:18 pm

Raavi wrote:Never worked with perl but it looks kinda mutch as PHP. i know perl runs on Linux distros so it would be nice if this one is going to be a sister project POSRose :lol: Great work

Thanks for the positive feedback =D

EDIT: Another question about the protocol: The client I'm using (newest from roseonlinegame.com) sends a 0x0808 packet to the login server when connecting after disconnecting from the character server. It's not using GG, but osRose handles the 0x0808 as a GG packet. What is it?

Reproduce by logging in, then not selecting a character, but pressing the X button to go back to channel/word selection.
Jckf
Antares
Antares

Postby Raavi on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Jckf wrote:
Raavi wrote:Never worked with perl but it looks kinda mutch as PHP. i know perl runs on Linux distros so it would be nice if this one is going to be a sister project POSRose :lol: Great work

Thanks for the positive feedback =D

EDIT: Another question about the protocol: The client I'm using (newest from roseonlinegame.com) sends a 0x0808 packet to the login server when connecting after disconnecting from the character server. It's not using GG, but osRose handles the 0x0808 as a GG packet. What is it?

Reproduce by logging in, then not selecting a character, but pressing the X button to go back to channel/word selection.

Because you can still use older clients i gues, but actualy it can be taked out since allot of code is to new for the old client
Raavi
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Jckf on Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:33 pm

Raavi wrote:Because you can still use older clients i gues, but actualy it can be taked out since allot of code is to new for the old client

Okay. I'm just implementing the bare minimum for now.

Update: Character creation and deletion working =)
Jckf
Antares
Antares

Postby Jckf on Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Updated first post with preview 2.
Jckf
Antares
Antares

Re: ROSE network protocol

Postby lmame on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:09 pm

Jckf wrote:A small update.
I'm now done with a version 1 of the login server. It uses MySQL and fully supports banned accounts, not activated accounts and GMs.

Next up, character server =)

PS: What's nice about this over osRose is the fact that it can be run on *NIX systems =) But I'm not doing this to be better than the osRose team. Please remember that. This is a learning project, and the packet structures are infact taken from osRose! So alot of thanks goes to them <3

EDIT: Updated first post.

EDIT2: A question. Are the 0x05** packets osRose's server->server communication?

Well we have no problem with another emulator :)
If you want some space on the forum, just ask for it.

As for 0x05**, it looks it depends since one of them is going to char select.
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Re: ROSE network protocol

Postby Jckf on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:15 pm

lmame wrote:Well we have no problem with another emulator :)
If you want some space on the forum, just ask for it.

As for 0x05**, it looks it depends since one of them is going to char select.

Cool! I have no idea how far I will develop this, but if you want to set up a category/sub-forum for it, that would be awesome! It's basically based of osRose anyway, so I guess it kinda belongs here =)
Jckf
Antares
Antares

Postby larsgevers on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 pm

Hee, nice work:D
Very nice project either:D
When i try to use it, it gives me the error:
  2. Can't locate object method "read_file" via package "Config::INI::Reader" at world.pl line 23.
larsgevers
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Jckf on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:10 pm

larsgevers wrote:Hee, nice work:D
Very nice project either:D
When i try to use it, it gives me the error:
  2. Can't locate object method "read_file" via package "Config::INI::Reader" at world.pl line 23.

You will have to install the Config::INI package. If this is a Windows system, open the run dialog and enter "ppm" (assuming you're using ActiveState Perl). Wait for it to load and search for it. When found, right click and mark for installation, then click the button in the top right corner that executes the actions.

If you're on a *NIX system, or using a different Perl than ActiveState's, you might have the cpan command. Open a terminal/shell/command and type "cpan -i Config::INI".

EDIT: You should have gotten some errors before that one though, if it wasn't able to load the module =/

EDIT2: Oopsie. Anyone who looks at packet_auth() in char.pl and world.pl will see that the %client hash is updated with the user's ID before it and the password is verified! You shouldn't be using this for anything yet anyway, but I'm letting you know =P

EDIT3: I have now changed how the servers function to allow multiple channels and world servers. This means that you might have 1 login server, 2 character server and 4 world server. The login server handles all connections at first, then redirects the client to either one of the character servers. Characters created on one character server is not shared with the other, neither can a character from one channel be used on another channel's world (unless it's moved in the database of course). I believe this is how the official servers work, and I consider it a good thing. Feedback?

Here is an illustration.
rosetree.png
rosetree.png (7.36 KiB) Viewed 17483 times
Jckf
Antares
Antares

Postby Raavi on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:21 pm

Would love to see this as a section, it´s a nice opertunity to learn perl and it runs on linux wich is tons and tons better then windows imo. Since it´s based off OSRose i suggest the name POSRose (p for perl).

Jckf keep on the nice work i fully support this project
Raavi
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Jckf on Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Raavi wrote:Would love to see this as a section, it´s a nice opertunity to learn perl and it runs on linux wich is tons and tons better then windows imo. Since it´s based off OSRose i suggest the name POSRose (p for perl).

Jckf keep on the nice work i fully support this project

Thank you =)

I'm sure I like the name suggestion though (not that I like the name pRoseEmu either xP). I've been trying to think of a better name, but I'm blank.

It isn't based of osRose in a way that makes it behave the same way. It doesn't use the same logic everywhere, and configuration, database and behaviour should be expected to be different. What I meant by "based of" is that I get the packet structures from osRose =) I will of course try to make it behave just like the official servers.

I'm currently working on getting the client to spawn a character in-game. When this is done, I will upload a new preview and set up a testing server for you people to connect to =)

EDIT: I've decided to name it Vaffel =P

EDIT2: And I'll be moving it to http://www.vaffel.net/ =)

EDIT3: The site is now open and accepting registration =)
Jckf
Antares
Antares

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome to the bar