Who wants to be my partner in hosting my server?

Here you can talk about anything you want ;)

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: Who wants to be my partner in hosting my server?

Postby psychoshooter on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:01 pm

hehe thats a nice option purple, for poeple that just want to play it fair wil take a lower rate and if some1 wants a hury they just go in a highrate style. i think your players like that ;)

greets psycho
psychoshooter
Lucky Ghost
Lucky Ghost

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:17 pm

Also if you need a particular material that only drops at one mob or level range, you would need to stay at that level as long as possible while you farm it.

Let's say you have your drops set up such that small clowns drop something you really need, say bird feathers for example.
The clowns are only going to drop stuff while they are green or better to you so you need to stay around level 45 to 55 for a very long time if you want these rare drops.

Set your xprate down to 1X and grind away all day. After you get what you need bang it back up to server max (defined in the conf files) and start levelling again.

I have played on way too many servers where you get so much XP that for anything less than about level 70 you are pretty much guaranteed to gain a level for every mob you kill.

That just isn't fun for me and it also utterly destroys your chance of getting good drops so crafting suffers and GMS have to sell crafting mats to the player who should be out farming them for themselves.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby psychoshooter on Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:26 pm

yes indeed you see this so much that gm are selling the mats you actualy should find on low level, normally higher lvls buy them from the lower levels but this aint possible because there are just no low levels in the game.
i had a server once i dont know what the rates are but i smashed a jelly bean and i was 73 >_<
i had nothing no money no nothing and i was 73, that wasn't good for the gameplay rofl

greets psycho
psychoshooter
Lucky Ghost
Lucky Ghost

Postby kazumi_14 on Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:40 pm

Please help me!
kazumi_14
Rackie
Rackie

Postby lmame on Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Do it one step at a time.
Install Tortoise SVN.
Install Codeblocks (or devC++).
Download the source from the svn.
Compile it.
Setup your server.

You have guides for this, if you don't succeed, tell WHERE you fail instead crying.
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby Blackdpd on Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:47 am

PurpleYouko wrote:Also if you need a particular material that only drops at one mob or level range, you would need to stay at that level as long as possible while you farm it.

Let's say you have your drops set up such that small clowns drop something you really need, say bird feathers for example.
The clowns are only going to drop stuff while they are green or better to you so you need to stay around level 45 to 55 for a very long time if you want these rare drops.

on my client you get items when they are blue ( or gray what it was i dont know ) even when your lvl 250 you get items from jelly beans.. :shock:
Blackdpd
El Verloon Marshall
El Verloon Marshall

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:42 pm

on my client you get items when they are blue ( or gray what it was i dont know ) even when your lvl 250 you get items from jelly beans..

Doesn't that make it TOO easy to collect mats?
With all the high level players running around in the adventurers plains killing jelly beans to get iron thread and bird feathers, it would make the game pretty unbalanced IMO

That's why I have a sliding scale of probability for drops based on level difference. 80% while they are at your own level dropping to a minimum of 10% when they are 20 levels below you.
I work EXP in a similar way too.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby RokudoMukuro on Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:27 pm

i am from Philippines, i do run both OsiRose (for iRose version) and OsRose (for Rose EVO version) locally, i mean, can be played offline...

i know how to compile, but i don't know how to build a client... at the same time, still learning to HOW TO EDIT the content... if you do see me, somewhat, a person that can help with that... please do a PM cause i can't leave my email and YM ID here...
RokudoMukuro
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Blackdpd on Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:20 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:
on my client you get items when they are blue ( or gray what it was i dont know ) even when your lvl 250 you get items from jelly beans..

Doesn't that make it TOO easy to collect mats?
With all the high level players running around in the adventurers plains killing jelly beans to get iron thread and bird feathers, it would make the game pretty unbalanced IMO

That's why I have a sliding scale of probability for drops based on level difference. 80% while they are at your own level dropping to a minimum of 10% when they are 20 levels below you.
I work EXP in a similar way too.

i want to know how to change this. so when the mobs are blue or grey..( the lowest. ) that they dont drop anything. and.. when they are to high lvl lvl for you like they would be red or purple and you CAN kill him in a strange way that they will drop very strange things.. :P does anyone knows how to change that?? thnx for helping if you will.
Blackdpd
El Verloon Marshall
El Verloon Marshall

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:15 pm

try installing my custom drops mod
http://forum.dev-osrose.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=590
It contains all the stuff i spoke about as well as a much simpler to use item drops setup that can easily be customised.
I am also about to start on making a fully functional visual editor for the drops. Should be ready in a week or so hopefully.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Previous

Return to Welcome to the bar