Rev Whatever --- It's the last version we used at RoseZA

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: Rev Whatever --- It's the last version we used at RoseZA

Postby NewMilenium on Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:28 pm

Just tested, it works perfectly. Thanks a lot, good job PurpleYouko :)

On my side, I still have the no-skill-no-attack issue, and still lacking XML understanding to figure out how to show all skills tabs (for all jobs) regardless of the current job.

If anyone knows XML, please help! :oops:
NewMilenium
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby NewMilenium on Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:25 pm

From February to August.
No one has any idea? Those are the only 2 problems that stop me from playing...
NewMilenium
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby L3nn0x on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:30 am

In 7 months you could have learned a few times XML, it's super easy and there's plenty of online resources on that. ;)

I absolutely don't know about the server you're using so I won't be able to help much on the no attack / no skill bug. Trying looking at the network first, see if the packets are correctly formatted and if they transmit the correct data. Then you'll want to follow the packet path in the source code to find where attacks and skills are handed and find out why things aren't working as they should.

Can't help much more, but maybe someone else will be able to :)
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby NewMilenium on Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:07 pm

Well, the server version used is the one talked about in this forum part.

Your advices were good but I don't have the knowledge to do that. You will answer that I had the time to learn, except that's not my only project and I don't like learning those kind of things - anymore. Which means I have to rely on people that agree to help because they like such things, and there I'm very lucky to receive Purpleyouko's help, once again.

So far, here is where we are :

1) i can display and level up skills correctly in the Unique tab, but the requirements skills are never met. It's like the skills are not checked / different for skills requirements.
2) Basic and Parts tabs are not to be used because the server won't save the levels (database, "list_character" or "characters", i don't remember exactly, will edit later to correct).
3) I'm not sure about the Mileage (= Item Mall i think) tab, i think it should work like the Unique one, but i still have to test.
4) I can't find how to use the Job tabs, how to bypass the "nothing's displayed" protection.

So, either we find how to have skills requirement well done and i then use the Unique tab (by using new buttons with a different Y offset like we thought), either we find how to bypass the Job tab protection.

I tested many things with that DLGSKILL.XML to try to bypass the job tab protection, without any success.
NewMilenium
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Previous

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator