How to add my client put in click Client: Rose Online Client ? Help
Attachments
Bez tytułu.png
Luke
Rackie
Rackie

Re: [GUIDE] IP/Port Forwarding for osRose

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:58 pm

What client and server version are you using now?

The missing NPC talk stuff is often related to graphics settings.
Try running triggerdetect.exe to set up your graphics preferences. It will tell you that it's trying to patch the client and it will fail unless you are using a newer evo client, in which case don't let it patch or it will mess up everything.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Luke on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:19 pm

Okay im running triggerdetect.exe is badly version than settings.exe but okay. And still i dont have Quests in NPC's and i dont have NPCS in Orlo Planet. LOL :oops:
Attachments
Bez tytułu.png
Luke
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:20 pm

did you extract all the QSD files from your client and put them in your server? That's where the quests come from.

If there are no NPCs in Orlo then that just means that in whatever server version you are using, nobody ever got around to adding them into list_npc.sql database table.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby hlajr on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:15 am

If Luke is using the "Dev-Rev4" Server with the accompanying v434 (RoseZA Old client) as posted by AnimalCrackerz in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5733 then as far as I have also tried, the only quest I have seen working on that was the one from Arua Fairy directing player to go to Village Chief Gray, then Gray will ask them to hunt 3 Mini-Jelly Bean but it is not working from there no matter how many jelly you kill, you might end up killing Gray instead. :lol:

Since the picture shows Gray not giving any quest, perhaps Luke have not yet talked to Arua Fairy...

Luke, perhaps you could try Project 137 of PurpleYouko instead, at least when you encountered problems, he can assist you the most as he is the one who knows both the server and the client inside out...
Doing the right thing is the right thing to do!
hlajr
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:21 pm

well I was also on the team that developed and then released dev rev 3 and 4.

Quests were working (mostly) fine on both of those before teh release but I think people started to use a different client than the one we used and killed them completely.
I don't even remember which client version we used but all quests other than timed ones worked perfectly. I personally went through them and fixed / tested them myself.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby hlajr on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:43 am

PurpleYouko wrote:well I was also on the team that developed and then released dev rev 3 and 4.

Quests were working (mostly) fine on both of those before teh release but I think people started to use a different client than the one we used and killed them completely.
I don't even remember which client version we used but all quests other than timed ones worked perfectly. I personally went through them and fixed / tested them myself.

You are absolutely right on that...

Regarding the quest on this Rev 4 / Client "434?" - I don't know the real version here coz when played or opened in VFS Workshop, the client has a value of v101.

I have also compared this to Tartie, which says the quest is working on him, but not on mine. Only after downloaded another copy of Evolution Server.rar did I manage to see quest working as it is, so now since I have not get your Project 137 to run on my setup, I am now playing the Evolution Client "101" and checking quest as I go along, so far, they are working fine.

The Problem with this is that, with so many people saving, sharing both Client and Server files around, confusion of "What is What" specially to us newbies and have not get involve into server source code compilations, add to the confusion. :D

I hope moving forward, the community could find a working ways of sorting Client and Server files around here... Many already of the threads link are dead... Thanks to those who still manage to link as it gives newbies like us the chance to grab a working client and server binaries.

Still, ROSE is still holding on...

Note: I have cross checked my two versions of downloaded Evolution Server.rar and the executables are the same... Looks like someone have overwritten the working QSDs and have resulted to an Evolution Server.rar package having a NEW, NOT WORKING QSDs resulting for Quest to fail when the client "v101" is played.

I have just concluded this based on my own experience with these files...
hlajr
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:36 pm

yes there is a lot of confusion. That's the reason that I always release server and clients together.
DR3 came with a client version
DR4 came with a client version
So did KTRose and project 137

If people choose to mix and match then there will always be problems. Servers are specifically matched to client versions.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Dibella on Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:27 pm

hlajr wrote:If Luke is using the "Dev-Rev4" Server with the accompanying v434 (RoseZA Old client) as posted by AnimalCrackerz in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5733 then as far as I have also tried, the only quest I have seen working on that was the one from Arua Fairy directing player to go to Village Chief Gray, then Gray will ask them to hunt 3 Mini-Jelly Bean but it is not working from there no matter how many jelly you kill, you might end up killing Gray instead. :lol:

Since the picture shows Gray not giving any quest, perhaps Luke have not yet talked to Arua Fairy...

Luke, perhaps you could try Project 137 of PurpleYouko instead, at least when you encountered problems, he can assist you the most as he is the one who knows both the server and the client inside out...

Well, in my experience they did mention a NPC folder being missing in the 3DDATA folder of the server files. You will need to get that... I have it for you( just ask) but if you do put it in then your summons stop working (which is weird) until you actually go file for file to search which one will fix both the summons and quests...

Regards,
Dibella
Dibella
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby hlajr on Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:31 am

Dibella wrote:Well, in my experience they did mention a NPC folder being missing in the 3DDATA folder of the server files. You will need to get that... I have it for you( just ask) but if you do put it in then your summons stop working (which is weird) until you actually go file for file to search which one will fix both the summons and quests...

Regards,
Dibella

Just a question, does your v434 with DevRev 4 does not experience jumping HP/MP? Is that problem Client side or Server Side?
hlajr
Smoulie
Smoulie

PreviousNext

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator