[Dev Rev II - BETA] download / install / build / log / debug

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: [Dev Rev II - BETA] download / install / build / log / d

Postby Rakoon on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:29 am

Circa wrote:for teh attack power, check the STB's of mobs that the server uses, but idk if they changed that in dev rev 4

That why i ask bro, It's not in Dev 4 manythings is change, I see in config attack monster its 100 i try to change it to 35 its come down but 35 to much less from 100 but still the kings damag too much i thinks there is anothers ways to mange this one and in orlo many items not correct items drops and its show white color.
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Sham1r0 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:13 am

Why I spawn at Junon Polis instead of Adventure plains?
Also when I try to reach Junon Polis, I got my client freeze, it doesn't output a crash, i just can't access it, and my client with avatar freezes.
Also another thing I'm suffering is Goblin Mine, it seems that nothing on Adventure Plains does work. NPC's/QUESTS etc...
Is it a bug, or just an issue that somehow comes out for me? Thanks
Working on OsRose Dev revision II atm. Client v307

Sham1r0
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:30 pm

Adventurer's plains and the maps around it were all changed a while ago.
Between dev rev 3 and 4 in fact.
The result is that none of the warp portals line up any more so when you try to go through one between maps, the server and client are looking for different locations. This results in triggering the "portal hack" code and your client is deliberately locked out for hacking.
The way around this is to extract the IFO files for the offending maps in your chosen client then take the warp portal coordinates from them and put them into your client database. (list_telegates)
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Sham1r0 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:18 pm

The way around this is to extract the IFO files for the offending maps in your chosen client then take the warp portal coordinates from them and put them into your client database. (list_telegates)

I've been searching around the forums, and I can't find the resource of how to "extract IFO files" Is there any tool I would be able to do that? I have downloaded "OsRose server tools" from it's SVN, but I can't figure which one to use in order to extract this IFO files.
Mini guide or tip could be really useful, and while I will try figuring this out, after that I would be happy to post a guide how to do it properly for people who suffer from the same issue with this revision ^^

Sham1r0
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:28 pm

You can extract IFO files with any VFS extractor though in some of them you will just need to hit "Extract All" then figure it out later.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Sham1r0 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:56 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:You can extract IFO files with any VFS extractor though in some of them you will just need to hit "Extract All" then figure it out later.

yeah I've found out these IFO files, but what program do I need to open it in order to find the x and y cords for the maps? Thanks again

Sham1r0
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:19 pm

You can open individual IFO files with one of the IFO editors in the tools list or use one of lmame's tools to export the whole thing. I haven't actually tried lmame's tool though so i can't vouch for it.
I always prefer to make my own utilities for stuff like this so I threw together a series of Excel spreadsheets with macros that search out all the IFO files in an extracted directory and automatically pull out the relevent stuff and send it to a MySQL table.
Unfortunately my SQL table doesn't match the configuration of the one in the rose server. I wanted the information for different purposes.

I will post the tool(s) that I use if you like but i can't guarantee they will work for you. My excel utilities have a history of compatibility issues with other people's computers.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Sham1r0 on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:51 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:You can open individual IFO files with one of the IFO editors in the tools list or use one of lmame's tools to export the whole thing. I haven't actually tried lmame's tool though so i can't vouch for it.
I always prefer to make my own utilities for stuff like this so I threw together a series of Excel spreadsheets with macros that search out all the IFO files in an extracted directory and automatically pull out the relevent stuff and send it to a MySQL table.
Unfortunately my SQL table doesn't match the configuration of the one in the rose server. I wanted the information for different purposes.

I will post the tool(s) that I use if you like but i can't guarantee they will work for you. My excel utilities have a history of compatibility issues with other people's computers.

Thanks for the concerns Youko, but I've found an existing IFO editor which works with my system as I've tested it out already.

Unfortunately When I go to the "warp gate" tab (inside IFO edditor) all I can manage is only "gate ID" which is 81, and when I open up my database, and go to the list_telegates table I can't even see the proper insert which would have ID of 81.
I'm not sure tho, if that's the case which causes the client to freeze.
Another tricky thing with the editor is that other tabs have been left blank, so basically I know the information, but no clue about the specific thing what that numbers stands for.

Second thing is how to locate a specific map if there's no names, only folders with some kind of short names.
For example:
extracted3DDATA/3DDATA/MAPS/JUNON
And in this folder I have a lot of other folders something simillar to:
AGIT01
AGIT02
AGIT03
AGIT04
JD01
JD02
JD03
JD04
JDT01
JG01
JG02
JG03
JG04
JG05
JG06
JG07
JG08
JG09
JG10

And so on....
Also each of these folders have another bunch of folders inside which also contains the .IFO files.
So for example:
extracted3DDATA/3DDATA/MAPS/JUNON/JG06
31_30
31_31
31_32
31_33
31_34
36_34

Also All these folder have it's own .IFO files inside these folders so like this:
extracted3DDATA/3DDATA/MAPS/JUNON/JG06
31_30.IFO
31_31.IFO
And so on.

So my question is how could I be able to locate the exact map. And find the telegate cords.
If I will find this out by myself I will update the post.
Thank you ^^

Sham1r0
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Each of those sub-folders contains data about small quadrants of the overall map.
The map is divided in a kind of grid such that each quadrant contains an IFO file related to stuff in that immediate vicinity.

My tools scan the whole lot of them and spit out a list of the required information.
I have one that finds all the NPC spawns, another that gets monster spawns and a few others too.
I never built one for warp gates but it should be pretty easy to adapt one of them.
I'll take a look and maybe post up a list of the gate locations a little later

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Sham1r0 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:11 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:Each of those sub-folders contains data about small quadrants of the overall map.
The map is divided in a kind of grid such that each quadrant contains an IFO file related to stuff in that immediate vicinity.

My tools scan the whole lot of them and spit out a list of the required information.
I have one that finds all the NPC spawns, another that gets monster spawns and a few others too.
I never built one for warp gates but it should be pretty easy to adapt one of them.
I'll take a look and maybe post up a list of the gate locations a little later

Would be great, thanks :) Waiting forward for the list of telegates hahha

Sham1r0
Pomic
Pomic

PreviousNext

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator