[Dev Rev II - BETA] download / install / build / log / debug

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: [Dev Rev II - BETA] download / install / build / log / d

Postby Rakoon on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:57 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:if you just want to extract STBs from your client put this file
stextract.zip
into your rose client folder.
Just double click it and it will dump all your STB and STL files into the 3ddata folder in about 3 seconds.

Wings and other back items are type 6
The lower IDs do not exist. Good items start around 200.
For example Astarot wings can be found at 233

Hello PurpleYouko
yes i did its works fine thanks, Yes i found the wings now okay but is there any list that show what is the items with the number it will be easy for me, About refine what about the other set how can i refine +15?

I try to make refine armor 15 its doesn't work.
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Rakoon on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:10 pm

i found one way its stl editor but i open the old rose online stb files, For clients 437 i used the new stextract but still the files empty in the stb i need to get items like example big wings. :mrgreen:
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:56 pm

if you have excel then you should use my STB/STL editor from the tools list

Some people have trouble with some of the functions but even if you do there is still a tab with all the items listed out by type. It will be a little out of date probably but still useful
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Rakoon on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:46 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:if you have excel then you should use my STB/STL editor from the tools list

Some people have trouble with some of the functions but even if you do there is still a tab with all the items listed out by type. It will be a little out of date probably but still useful

Hello,

yes i used Stb editor its fine i can check all the items type yes there some items drops with errors but its still fine, What i wants to know the new clients has new items i want to check the drop list the STB is empty even with the stextract that you give me, If there is any other ways it will be fine, about cmd like Quest CG if i want to add for the gm how i can do that ?

there is little things need to fix but i will check all the maps and the items with buff after i will make it in one place it will be better i thinks.
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Rakoon on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:12 am

Hello,

i saw in some privte server rose big wings but i things its in the game already but i didn't find it in clients 437 its old one or only they make it?

about STB still after extract i didn't find any files its empty i mean 3ddata, i download the Admin guide its very nice really helpfull Thanks.
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:52 pm

There are no item drops data in the client.
If you see a drops STB then ignore it. That thing is almost 7 years out of date. They don't use STBs any more for drops. All drop data is kept on their server now.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Rakoon on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:21 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:There are no item drops data in the client.
If you see a drops STB then ignore it. That thing is almost 7 years out of date. They don't use STBs any more for drops. All drop data is kept on their server now.

thats clear now about STB but what about sets lvl 225 ,240 until 260 and the big wings its in the clients ?

i put in the database maxstats 800 but its still 500 should i rebuild the log ,chr and world server ?

many things i try to change it but its not change in the game.
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:15 pm

thats clear now about STB but what about sets lvl 225 ,240 until 260 and the big wings its in the clients ?

There are no items with a level requirement greater than 200 in the official NARose client.
You can probably find some custom items in clients from various private servers but most of them have re-written their VFS files so that our tools cannot open them.

i put in the database maxstats 800 but its still 500 should i rebuild the log ,chr and world server ?

As far as I'm aware MaxStats is a value loaded in from the worldserver.conf config file.
A word of caution though. If you take stats beyond 300 (especially INT) then some or all of your stats in game may calculate some very bad values for things such as move speed and attack speed.
For these two values, the client calculates it's own version of them, all we can do server side is attempt to emulate the calculations done in the client so that we don't end up with massive errors which can result in BIG problems in our game.
example: If you set INT to 800 then cast a speed buff, both server and client calculate the effects of teh buff independently. Now you run to a distant point and pass through a portal to a different map.
On your client you get there and enter the portal (this sends a packet to the server saying "Warp me to the next map")
Meanwhile your server has calculated a different move speed. It too moves you toward the position selected by your mouse click at the client but when it recieves the WARP packet from the client it checks your current position and finds you nowhere near the portal. "Uh oh! Someone is trying to hack the system!!. It immediately boots the player off the server.

It is really not advisable to set INT above 300 since our buff calculations are made of all kinds of fail when it comes to values higher than this. The higher INT goes, the more we miss the mark

Yo only need to rebuild your server (normally ONLY worldserver) when you actually change some code. Changes to external files (conf etc.) or database do not require a rebuild

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Rakoon on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:32 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:

There are no items with a level requirement greater than 200 in the official NARose client.
You can probably find some custom items in clients from various private servers but most of them have re-written their VFS files so that our tools cannot open them.

As far as I'm aware MaxStats is a value loaded in from the worldserver.conf config file.
A word of caution though. If you take stats beyond 300 (especially INT) then some or all of your stats in game may calculate some very bad values for things such as move speed and attack speed.
For these two values, the client calculates it's own version of them, all we can do server side is attempt to emulate the calculations done in the client so that we don't end up with massive errors which can result in BIG problems in our game.
example: If you set INT to 800 then cast a speed buff, both server and client calculate the effects of teh buff independently. Now you run to a distant point and pass through a portal to a different map.
On your client you get there and enter the portal (this sends a packet to the server saying "Warp me to the next map")
Meanwhile your server has calculated a different move speed. It too moves you toward the position selected by your mouse click at the client but when it recieves the WARP packet from the client it checks your current position and finds you nowhere near the portal. "Uh oh! Someone is trying to hack the system!!. It immediately boots the player off the server.

It is really not advisable to set INT above 300 since our buff calculations are made of all kinds of fail when it comes to values higher than this. The higher INT goes, the more we miss the mark

Yo only need to rebuild your server (normally ONLY worldserver) when you actually change some code. Changes to external files (conf etc.) or database do not require a rebuild

that why i didn't founds any items above 200 but its strange did they create the items?

its looks like NARose create it i heard The NARose have sets for lvl 225 last its rights?

how can i make my files re-written ?

oh that why i saw some problems, I thinks the best ways to make stat 300 so the perfromence will be balance and the value will be okay for buffer, Which is the best website i can use it for rose and lancher because i serach most of the links is dead already, What i want to do i have 3 servers 1 of them for uploading i will upload the clients and the tools so it will stay for long time the people need them, I thinks it will help many because many links doesn't works fine.
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:51 pm

NARose have not released any items above 200 as of about 2 weeks ago (last time I updated my STBs and database).

how can i make my files re-written ?

Not quite sure what you are asking here.
Are you asking how to recompile your server?
If so then just follow the tutorial that lmame wrote for the first dev rev or any of the other tutorials on the same subject.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator