RoseZA does it again ! - Dev Rev IV - V437 - Release

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: RoseZA does it again ! - Dev Rev IV - V437 - Release

Postby rl2171 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:29 pm

Dagnarus wrote:The sql file is the file the server uses. It doesn't use the stb file as that one isn't code in yet.

The problem that they don't show up or show up as other mounts is a questflag problem.
I was busy fixing it while we start working on the new game. Mounts are stated as partly working in the bug/fixes list if i remember correctly. That means there are still a few bugs to fix, but you can mount.

I did see that it is listed in the bugs/fixes section. Wasn't sure how much would work or not.

I hope someone will work on the mounts and fix it up soon, maybe actually read from the STB file as well too.

Thanks for the update.
rl2171
Admin
Admin

Postby thriel on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:20 pm

the problem with mounts is new packet data i think. It seems that narose now has a quest check before players mount.

in other words, if the player uses a mount for first before he has done any quests ( meaning on brand new character ), then it sends one set of mount id's.

but if a player has completed a quest or quests and then tries to mount it sends a different set of id's. ( it adds +1 to the ID. )

in other words if a player mounts on a brand new character his client sends for example id : 340

but if he has done any quests and then tries to mount his client sends for the same mount id : 341

so there needs to be a check coded to check players quest stats, and then assign the correct ID for the mount.

Mounts work fine, the problem is there is no quest check system coded yet, so sometimes the mounts get mixed up, if you try mount sabertooth your character might mount a choropy. Etc etc.
We Have it all at RoseZA... Image
thriel
Rackie
Rackie

Postby 5oregon5 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:21 pm

rl2171 wrote:
5oregon5 wrote:How did you get the server to create account for you? I've got mine set to "1" (In the conf files)

I have only me logging in, so no public access to the server at this time. I manually created the acct.

Could you help me manually make my own account? What do I have to fill in? other than the account and password? (password using md5) NVM I tried that out, but now everytime I select a server, it stays in "loading avatar" and in the char.exe it says "hack" and after something about me having more than one avatar online (which is weird cause I don't even have one)

NVM!! Fixed it.
5oregon5
Pomic
Pomic

Postby kismetbecomes on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:59 pm

thriel wrote:the problem with mounts is new packet data i think. It seems that narose now has a quest check before players mount.

in other words, if the player uses a mount for first before he has done any quests ( meaning on brand new character ), then it sends one set of mount id's.

but if a player has completed a quest or quests and then tries to mount it sends a different set of id's. ( it adds +1 to the ID. )

in other words if a player mounts on a brand new character his client sends for example id : 340

but if he has done any quests and then tries to mount his client sends for the same mount id : 341

so there needs to be a check coded to check players quest stats, and then assign the correct ID for the mount.

Mounts work fine, the problem is there is no quest check system coded yet, so sometimes the mounts get mixed up, if you try mount sabertooth your character might mount a choropy. Etc etc.

Sir thriel - can you point us to the right direction whereto start messing and fix this bug? thanks a lot for giving us ideas what's happening - and why mounts are bugged right now - but, I don't know where to start. :cry:
RoseZa v437 - HueRose Test Project -- http://hueroseonline.no-ip.biz
kismetbecomes
Rackie
Rackie

Postby kismetbecomes on Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:03 am

Hi guys.
I just have one question please.
Where can I delete one of the dialogue options of the NPC?
I need to close the clan fields - and Burtland allows the players to teleport to them.

I need to delete the dialouge (at the moment) that teleports the players to the fields
instead he will say something like "the fields are closed right now". Please and thank you.
kismetbecomes
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:53 pm

You will need to edit the CXE file that Bertrand uses to do that.

An easier option might be to modify the QSD that he uses so that the conditions can't be met to open the clan fields.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby kismetbecomes on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:31 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:You will need to edit the CXE file that Bertrand uses to do that.

An easier option might be to modify the QSD that he uses so that the conditions can't be met to open the clan fields.

PYouko, thanks.
I'm really interested in cxe's but I can't determine the exact cxe file used by the NPC.
So as the QSD files - :cry: I really don't have a leading to which questdata the NPC uses. :(
Please - could you point me somewhere so I could experiment stuffs. Is there a format
or something? A link pointing to which is which maybe? Or am I just being lazy? :x
I'm really lost.
kismetbecomes
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:37 pm

this is the QSD format http://enzeru-ro.com/rose/?fid=13
There are a few tools in the tools list for editing QSD files. Pretty sure I added mine at some point too.
The QSD file used by Burtland is QC-001.QSD

There isn't a public release of the CXE format at this time but an editor was released recently with the Dev Rev 4 code.

If you are using an older version (pre-CXE) then you will need to edit EM02-035.CON instead
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby kismetbecomes on Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:01 pm

All links to RoseZa client 437 are down. :(
Anybody happened to upload them somewhere?
(If im the only one experiencing crashes then there's a good chance that my client is somehow corrupted.)
kismetbecomes
Rackie
Rackie

Postby rxchris on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:36 am

Is there a new for the client v 437? link
rxchris
Little soul
Little soul

PreviousNext

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator