Dev-Rev4 Updates

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: Dev-Rev4 Updates

Postby Circa on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:59 pm

I'll try and move the project to github this weekend, never really used it before though. And for the mounts bug, not the one going through warpgates and camera gets stuck. I've tried looking for the code were its being handled, and I think I found it lol.

So, I didn't really understand thriel? He mentions brand new characters, and characters completing quest(s).
I assume that like carts you need the cart ride skill to be able to ride it, so do animal mounts have an "animal ride skill" to ride them as well?

If they don't does it just require a completion of a quest that allows you to ride them which would use the same "ride skill for carts"?

I should probably actually get in the game and start checking myself I know, but It would seem kinda stupid if their is no animal ride skill which would make things a lot simpler, and if their is an animal ride skill why are they checking for quests completion? I don't see the need of a brand new character having to ride a mount or cart, and If you wanted them to then you can give them both riding skills once the character is created.

Back to the problem, so the game checks if any quest were completed in their entirety or during the time they have been online?

Basically wouldn't it be easier to just handle the players who have already completed quest, basically first job, or any quest, I wouldn't think that a brand new character would ever have the money, or obtain the skill to ride a mount off the back. That would only affect GM's who create characters and wanna go show off. Then again, most people here just play in their servers as GM's only so I guess I would make it work for both. Still that's only if I can even fix it.
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby rl2171 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:51 am

Circa wrote:I'll try and move the project to github this weekend, never really used it before though.

What would be the purpose to moving the SVN now, everyone has the ability to work on it where it is and do a upload or download from it. I would think it is best to leave it there and not move things around.
rl2171
Admin
Admin

Postby Circa on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:56 am

It would just be an alternative, but okay.
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby rl2171 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:16 am

I understand being a alternative, but then people would not know which one to update and I personally think it would create more confusion.
rl2171
Admin
Admin

Postby xadet3 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:33 am

SVN is terrible and should have died a long time ago. Look into Git and then look into Github, if you still prefer SVN after then in all honestly I question your credentials to make that decision.
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby Circa on Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:20 pm

well that's up to him since he's an admin.

but on another note, I've been seeing a lot of code that doesn't make sense, usually with calculations/ math expressions.

Unless I don't understand this completely, but its unnecessary to multiply by 10 and then divide by 100, and it hurts to see things like this :P
For example:
  1. thisclient->Stats->MaxHP * 10 / 100

This seems to make more sense than needlessly having to do an extra operation? right, or am I missing something?

1. thisclient->Stats->MaxHP / 10

I'm just going over all the code to see where everything basically iss, adding my comments to search for things a lot quicker
Edit: I should of probably made my own thread about this lol sorry :/
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby rl2171 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:30 am

Anyone has the spawns for all the game arenas (Sea Of Dawn, etc)?

The spawn extractor from lmame doesn't pick those ones up unless there is something new out there that I am missing?
rl2171
Admin
Admin

Postby 5oregon5 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:24 pm

Anyone on how to add the register clientside? Like in the other Revs, that you would just type in account and password and it would create it, and from then on you can log in. In the Conf, I have it set to 1. But i still can't register that way, I ended making my account on the database, but i want to be able to make my server public.
5oregon5
Pomic
Pomic

Postby thriel on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:08 pm

rl2171 wrote:Anyone has the spawns for all the game arenas (Sea Of Dawn, etc)?

The spawn extractor from lmame doesn't pick those ones up unless there is something new out there that I am missing?

you need to use the new spawns extractor that purple posted for dev rev 3.
We Have it all at RoseZA... Image
thriel
Rackie
Rackie

Postby rl2171 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:40 pm

thriel wrote:
rl2171 wrote:Anyone has the spawns for all the game arenas (Sea Of Dawn, etc)?

you need to use the new spawns extractor that purple posted for dev rev 3.

The one that lmame did doesn't work anymore? or is it a different format?

For some reason I am having issues with the excel spawn extractor on my system
rl2171
Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator