Monster attacking miss

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Monster attacking miss

Postby Rakoon on Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:13 am

Hello,

i try to edit some monster in list npc, then when i try it its okay the power is fine but when they try to attck me its give me miss all the time, i didn't change to much like example i change from 4000 to 3200 or 2800 at less its should me damage less not miss.

Best Regards,
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Re: Monster attacking miss

Postby Circa on Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:26 am

in the stb? show the pic of what you are editing and if you're using dev rev 4, i think they moved everything related to mobs/npcs in the database but not sure
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby Rakoon on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:08 pm

this is pic of the list npc

i edit 1 for example

it they change to the database and no need to change anythings in stb files it will be fine.
Attachments
npc.jpg
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:09 pm

There are no monster data in any database table. Period.
It isn't done that way and hasn't been since rev 80.
ALL data comes from STBs.

The original value for attack power on the Fearsome Terrasaurus King is 6294. Almost double the 3800 value that you have in your image.
That shouldn't make a difference though because attack power isn't used in the calculations of whether the monster hits or not.
It should only affect damage.
The accuracy value is the one that determines hit chance.

If you are getting misses all the time it more than likely means the STB is corrupted or didn't save correctly.
Do any other monsters still hit correctly?
What does the STB value look like when you extract it back from the client and open it? Did it save correctly?
Did you actually put it in the client?
If you don't do that then you will get all kinds of random crap going on. The HIT/MISS messages are calculated at the client, not the server so if the incoming damage from the server is significantly less than the client expects it to be it will not show a hit.

I hate the way that rose does everything at both server and client. It really confuses the issues a lot and makes it very difficult to synchronize the two.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Circa on Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:11 pm

What PY said, just make sure if you change the stb server side you need to change it for the client as well.
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby Rakoon on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:34 am

PurpleYouko wrote:There are no monster data in any database table. Period.
It isn't done that way and hasn't been since rev 80.
ALL data comes from STBs.

The original value for attack power on the Fearsome Terrasaurus King is 6294. Almost double the 3800 value that you have in your image.
That shouldn't make a difference though because attack power isn't used in the calculations of whether the monster hits or not.
It should only affect damage.
The accuracy value is the one that determines hit chance.

If you are getting misses all the time it more than likely means the STB is corrupted or didn't save correctly.
Do any other monsters still hit correctly?
What does the STB value look like when you extract it back from the client and open it? Did it save correctly?
Did you actually put it in the client?
If you don't do that then you will get all kinds of random crap going on. The HIT/MISS messages are calculated at the client, not the server so if the incoming damage from the server is significantly less than the client expects it to be it will not show a hit.

I hate the way that rose does everything at both server and client. It really confuses the issues a lot and makes it very difficult to synchronize the two.

Hello,

first what i did i try to open the List npc from clients side but somehow its not open, So what i did i copy it from server side i but it in the clients with my edit for the mobs but still they attack me miss

i saved correctly and i change it in too side server and clients and restart the server its change but like i side the monster side kings side its buggy i thinks because i didn't do too much change i just edit 1 but all is same attack miss and if want attack the king i attack them 10 only not more or less,

i saw its really buggy yesterdays somebody used hack program any he take everything's he wants in the game i ask about it they said its program hacking rose online soo easy, omg i hate the server really, not only they buggy thinks even security side, the files in clients side damage i thinks + the server doesn't read it very well even if we save it in a rights way as you say.

The developer they will update the rose ? or it will be this last update from them ?

last things about if i want to used Incoube 2.0 i have it already its okay works but, What i wants to be sure for it the ways how to download it to there VFS side, the clients 437 save his files insde 3DDATA.VFS if i want to edit or download for them direct inside the 3DDATA.VFS how to do that ?

what i know is the path 3DDATA/STB if i do that its going direct to the 3DDATA.VFS ?

Best Regards,
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Rakoon on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:37 am

Circa wrote:What PY said, just make sure if you change the stb server side you need to change it for the client as well.

Thanks Circa to make that Clear i understand that,

Thanks again
Best Reagards,
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:58 pm

neoncube can work in two ways.

The normal way is to load the patch directly into the client VFS but it can also add the patch to the visible 3ddata directory.
The method used is determined in your patchlist.txt document.

the format for VFS is

1. 1 VFS this_is_my_patch.rar

for putting it into a normal directory you would do it like this

1. 1 FILE this_is_my_patch.rar

As for security, if you understand the server well enough it is quite possible to recode bits of it to stop hacking. The trick is that this sometimes has to be done in response to an actual hack attempt rather than a general server code fix.
The most common form of hacking is using fake packets that are sent to the server. there are unfortunately still a lot of potential loopholes in the server where this kind of thing can get through. To fix them we need specific hack attempts to be recorded so that we know precisely how it is being done. It's very difficult to do that remotely.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Rakoon on Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:43 am

PurpleYouko wrote:neoncube can work in two ways.

The normal way is to load the patch directly into the client VFS but it can also add the patch to the visible 3ddata directory.
The method used is determined in your patchlist.txt document.

the format for VFS is

1. 1 VFS this_is_my_patch.rar

for putting it into a normal directory you would do it like this

1. 1 FILE this_is_my_patch.rar

As for security, if you understand the server well enough it is quite possible to recode bits of it to stop hacking. The trick is that this sometimes has to be done in response to an actual hack attempt rather than a general server code fix.
The most common form of hacking is using fake packets that are sent to the server. there are unfortunately still a lot of potential loopholes in the server where this kind of thing can get through. To fix them we need specific hack attempts to be recorded so that we know precisely how it is being done. It's very difficult to do that remotely.

About neoncube its clear i will do it on my server i will test it, could you please give me example about list npc like example fixed 1 kings and give it to me to try it on my server so i will edit all in the same way, Because i try edit attack doesn't works Acc doesn't works what to do more ?

About the hacker there are not real hacker they used 1 program its works in all game not only the rose, i still not yet get the program but i will get it soon, all others game they block this program by somehow, i will get it soon and i will upload it here in the forums to be clear.

Last things is there any news about rose i mean any new update or fix ?
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby wolfwing on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:12 pm

It's not FILE, it's FLD
wolfwing
Clown
Clown

Next

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator