[Dev Rev II] Known bugs, list by Sham1r0

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

[Dev Rev II] Known bugs, list by Sham1r0

Postby Sham1r0 on Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:54 pm

Hello guys, it's me Sham1r0. I would like to create a list for dev rev II bugs which I've found.

So basically I'm running [Dev Rev II v81.361] with evo client v307. And I run into these bugs. Fix me if I'm wrong with some of them, since it can be client side not server side.

So here's the list:
Map ID: 22 (Adventurer's Plains)

- The Adcenturer's Plains city has no NPC's. (Although some of the NPC's had been spawned a little further away from the city. But the spawn cords is incorrect.

- Most of the NPC's, doesn't talk nor give quests. Here's the list of these NPC's:
<Village Chief> Gray
<Little Street Vendor> Pony
<Smith> Ronk
<Old Man> Myad
<Akram Minister> Mairad
<Ferrell Guild Staff> Seyon
Arua's Fairy
Peron

"Also there might be more, but I haven't found it out yet."

- The Goblin Cave entrance freezes the character after trying to warp into the Cave.

- The database list_npcs show on map ID 22 (Adcenturer's Plains) That there are more npc spawned, but unfortunately after teleporting to the exact location where the npc should be, I can't find it there. [In my opinion this is client based issue - fix me if I'm wrong].

Now a little bit about system bugs.

- The damage formula isn't correct, since it doesn't display damage properly.
For example level 1 hit for 5 or 10 damage.
When you use skill it hits for 8 damage or so on.
While when you are level 160. You hit low level monsters for 3480-3964 (or something like that) damage.
When you use skill it hits for 48000 damage or so...
Against your level monsters it does 1800-2400 damage or so.
And with skill it hits twice as much as simple attack.
(The low level skill damage formula should be slightly modified to deal a better damage then that. I've spoken with PurpleYouko about this issue, he said it's pretty difficult to find a way how to fix the damage formula, since he was doing this for years but no clue yet)

- The skill attacks never fail or never misses the target, so in PVP it might be a big problem. Tested against monsters. Although I haven't tested it out in pvp (against players) mode yet.

- Warping to (Adventurer's Plains) from other maps is impossible because your character freezes. And the server log output a hacking attempt. (I know the cause of the issue, but have no clue how to fix that one yet)

- New player spawns in (Junon Polis) instead of (Adventurer's Plains).

(The list is going to be updated soon, because i didn't had enough time yet to explore the game properly, also I've noted these bugs and I will try to fix it. Also I will update the list if any of these bugs happen to appear only for me which would be client side issues in that case.)
Working on OsRose Dev revision II atm. Client v307

Sham1r0
Pomic
Pomic

Re: [Dev Rev II] Known bugs, list by Sham1r0

Postby kismetbecomes on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:17 pm

I have experienced putting all my efforts to rev2 and v307 client -- and it was all worth it because everything works just fine. Majority of your problem is from your database, are you sure you have the right database loaded? I have a few answers to your questions as I have encountered them but, let me ask you first why would you rather choose an older rev than a new rev4 than supports v437?
RoseZa v437 - HueRose Test Project -- http://hueroseonline.no-ip.biz
kismetbecomes
Rackie
Rackie

Postby kismetbecomes on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:34 pm

- The Adcenturer's Plains city has no NPC's. (Although some of the NPC's had been spawned a little further away from the city. But the spawn cords is incorrect.
--Your client is using a different Adventurer's Plains than that is loaded in your database. Are you sure you have loaded the right database? And if the case is that your client is using a different Adventurer map, then it would not be so hard for you to edit the NPC sqls to put them where they belong.

- Most of the NPC's, doesn't talk nor give quests. Here's the list of these NPC's:
<Village Chief> Gray
<Little Street Vendor> Pony
<Smith> Ronk
<Old Man> Myad
<Akram Minister> Mairad
<Ferrell Guild Staff> Seyon
Arua's Fairy
Peron

--
"Also there might be more, but I haven't found it out yet."
--Please check the dialogid column inside list_npcs.. again, database side.

- The Goblin Cave entrance freezes the character after trying to warp into the Cave.
--Hmm.. please elaborate this. Do you freeze when warping through a gate or warping through teleportation? If you crash or freezes while warping through gates it is very possible than your telegates/waypoints (don't know exactly which of them, I wasn't working on rev2 anymore, you should check and see them yourself its self explanatory from thereon.)

- The database list_npcs show on map ID 22 (Adcenturer's Plains) That there are more npc spawned, but unfortunately after teleporting to the exact location where the npc should be, I can't find it there. [In my opinion this is client based issue - fix me if I'm wrong].
--Are you sure you are using a CLEAN naROse 307?

- The damage formula isn't correct, since it doesn't display damage properly.
For example level 1 hit for 5 or 10 damage.
When you use skill it hits for 8 damage or so on.
While when you are level 160. You hit low level monsters for 3480-3964 (or something like that) damage.
When you use skill it hits for 48000 damage or so...
Against your level monsters it does 1800-2400 damage or so.
And with skill it hits twice as much as simple attack.
(The low level skill damage formula should be slightly modified to deal a better damage then that. I've spoken with PurpleYouko about this issue, he said it's pretty difficult to find a way how to fix the damage formula, since he was doing this for years but no clue yet)
--this i have no idea about.. haven't realized this rev has this problem

- The skill attacks never fail or never misses the target, so in PVP it might be a big problem. Tested against monsters. Although I haven't tested it out in pvp (against players) mode yet.
--I think this can be coded inside monsterstats? I don't know. :lol:

- Warping to (Adventurer's Plains) from other maps is impossible because your character freezes. And the server log output a hacking attempt. (I know the cause of the issue, but have no clue how to fix that one yet)
--Are you really using a clean narose307? If yes, please really check the database you have loaded.

- New player spawns in (Junon Polis) instead of (Adventurer's Plains).
---you can change the default townid value inside characters.sql by editing it in DESIGN TABLE -- to an ID from the respawnid.sql that which points to where you want your first players to spawn at first login (its self explanatory when you see that database).

I do not claim expert over this problems though. :D
RoseZa v437 - HueRose Test Project -- http://hueroseonline.no-ip.biz
kismetbecomes
Rackie
Rackie

Postby rl2171 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:55 pm

Regarding AP NPC's, remember, there has been about 3 to 4 different AP maps, make sure you are using the right one for the client you are using.
rl2171
Admin
Admin

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator