[devRev4] Please explain the Spawn SQL

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

[devRev4] Please explain the Spawn SQL

Postby kismetbecomes on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:01 pm

Hello again OsRose.
Good day!

It seems that the rev4 dropped the use of list_mobgroups.sql database.
All mob spawn is now being read inside spawns.sql.

I've noticed some new columns and would like to know their specific functions for clarification:

spawnid = ID
mapname = Map Name (doesn't matter what you put inside, kinda like a description for the entry.)
mapid = Map STB ID
spawn_interval = time it will take for the next bmob to SPAWN after the first mobgroup is killed? Or will still spawn the next group disregarding whether the first ones are dead or alive? (Please tell me more about this.) :?:
mob_limit = limit of mobs spawning.
radius = the radius of the spawn area (one question tho does this affect the mob count? like if I set this too low and the fewer mobs comes out?) :?:
tactic = tactical point. (Boss spawning? or like , if bmobs got killed the number of times set in this column tmob kicks in? oh god sorry..) :?:
pos_x = this might be one of those things I really don't have any bit of understanding. Sorry. Please please tell me more about this. :?: :?:
pos_y = and this. :?: :?:
spawn_x = X coordinate
spawn_y = Y coordinate
special = declares a special mob? dunno. :( :?:
bmob1 = MOB ID
bcount1 = MOB COUNT
--there are five bmob columns,I'm assuming those are the mobs that spawns one after the other as soon as first ones got killed. :?:
tmob = MOB ID (Tactical MOB)
tcount = MOB COUNT

I iconed those columns I'am confused with. :D
Hope you could help me on this.
RoseZa v437 - HueRose Test Project -- http://hueroseonline.no-ip.biz
kismetbecomes
Rackie
Rackie

Re: [devRev4] Please explain the Spawn SQL

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:31 pm

The spawn.sql file is a direct dump of the IFO data in the client.
It works much better than the mobgroups stuff. Less complicated.

You got it mostly right but here is a breakdown of how it all works

spawnid = ID of the spawn. Each spawn must have a unique ID
mapname = Map Name. Not used by code. helps to sort the spawns in the SQL table
mapid = Map STB ID
spawn_interval = time it will take for the next bmob to SPAWN after the first mobgroup is killed. (Spawn counters have reached zero for all relevant sub-groups)
mob_limit = Not used in code Represents the maximum number of monsters that can be present in a spawn.
radius = the radius of the spawn area. No it doesn't affect the number of monsters. If you make it too small they just spawn on top of each other.
tactic = Not used in code tactical point. (Boss spawning? or like , if bmobs got killed the number of times set in this column tmob kicks in? oh god sorry..) :?: That's what it used to do but I found that it was doing it completely wrong so I spent a lot of time analyzing how NARose does it. My conclusion is that they don't use this value at all.
pos_x = Not used in code. I never could figure out precisely what this IFO entry is supposed to be. It bears absolutely no relationship to anything even remotely related to spawn position. I think it may be labelled wrong. Leave it completely blank if you like
pos_y = Not used in code. Same with this one
spawn_x = X coordinate of the center of the spawn. converted from the actual IFO value by a formula
spawn_y = Y coordinate of the center of the spawn. converted from the actual IFO value by a formula
special = Not used in code. Your guess is as good as mine as to what it means in the IFO.
bmob1 through bmob5 = MOB ID. There are up to 5 Basic Mob sub-spawns in each spawn. They are spawned sequentially. When you kill one spawn the next one will appear after the spawn_interval timer runs down.
bcount1through bcount5 = MOB COUNT. The number of mobs in this specific sub-spawn
--there are five bmob columns,I'm assuming those are the mobs that spawns one after the other as soon as first ones got killed. :?:
tmob through tmob2 = MOB ID (Tactical MOB). There can be zero, one or two tactical (usually boss) mobs in a spawn. Interestingly when the timer reaches zero after the last bmob sub-spawn it doesn't just spawn the first tmob sub-spawn. It actually spawns both tmob sub-spawns (if they exist) at the same time. In NARose the second tmob subspawn is often a spawn of normal mobs as seen in the first 5 bmob spawns so you have the effect of a boss and several minions spawned simultaneously
tcount1 through tcount2 = MOB COUNT. the number of mobs in the tactical spawn.
if the tactical spawns are empty then the spawn pointer will move immediately back to the first bmob sub-spawn.

If anything here is unclear then please ask ;)
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Re: [devRev4] Please explain the Spawn SQL

Postby kismetbecomes on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Thanks PY. Everything is crystal clear now. :lol:
RoseZa v437 - HueRose Test Project -- http://hueroseonline.no-ip.biz
kismetbecomes
Rackie