IngameItemMall DevRev4

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

IngameItemMall DevRev4

Postby rave on Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:49 am

I Know That Ingame Item Mall Doesnt Work
But It Gives Preview Of Item Like An Ingame Reference

My Problem Is Once I Reach Like 300 Items For Me To Put At The Ingame Item Mall World Server Crashes SIGEVE Something Error Comes Up

Just Wanna Know Why Once I Reach Hundreds Even 100 Items At Item Mall The World Server Crashes
Is There A Way For Me To Put 1000 Of Items So It Will Be My LIst Of Ingame Items

Thanks
rave
Clown
Clown

Re: IngameItemMall DevRev4

Postby observe on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:12 pm

rave wrote:I Know That Ingame Item Mall Doesnt Work
But It Gives Preview Of Item Like An Ingame Reference

My Problem Is Once I Reach Like 300 Items For Me To Put At The Ingame Item Mall World Server Crashes SIGEVE Something Error Comes Up

Just Wanna Know Why Once I Reach Hundreds Even 100 Items At Item Mall The World Server Crashes
Is There A Way For Me To Put 1000 Of Items So It Will Be My LIst Of Ingame Items

Thanks

Is there a possibility to get that database of your with the 300+ items.
Its possible that some items are on the same slots or there is a Max Items allowed in the Rose BYTEs structure to not allow more than a set amount of items (like stats, they only allow up to a x amount of stats or the client crashes)
Im to lazy to do it myself and got a Dev Rev 4 server who can test that for you ^^
observe
osRose dev
osRose dev

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:21 pm

A SIGSEGV error happens when the code tries to address a memory location that hasn't been reserved in the initialization of the variable.

Example: An array is initialized as follows.

This reserves memory for an array of 10 integers (think of them as little boxes that can each hold an integer value) by the name of MyArray.
If i then try to put values into those 10 little boxes I can easily put stuff into box 0 through 9 (10 boxes) but if i try to put something into box 10 it throws a SIGSEGV error because box 10 is technically the 11th box in a 10 box array so no memory has been reserved for it.

My guess here is that something like this is happening in the item mall code. Maybe the array that holds the values loaded in from the DB only has 300 defined boxes to put stuff into so going further will crash it.
I have never looked at this code so that is pure guesswork. It's still a good place to start though. Go find out how the memory locations (for whatever variables hold the values from the database) are reserved.
Is it a defined array?
Is it a Vector? (probably should be if it isn't already)
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby observe on Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:41 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:Example: An array is initialized as follows.

The current itemmall (which doesnt work because i made it xD) loads the items from the database
No arrays are defined for it
observe
osRose dev
osRose dev

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator