Mileage function ingame

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Mileage function ingame

Postby hlajr on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:13 am

Hi Everyone!

Since I have tried fiddling with osROSE for my own use offline, I am trying to use the mileage storage function but cannot make it work. I have searched the forum and have found that the MILEAGE table to be used is just like the STORAGE table with just the addition of OW_SLOT unique marker. I tried adding items to the MILEAGE tables but still cannot view the items ingame.

I am using the osrose compiled exe v80 and client v139. Are these files supporting the MILEAGE function ingame? or am I doing the mileage table incorrectly?

Any help / clarification regarding this will be surely appreciated!

I am new to osROSE world though I can understand some of it, already started tweaking with drops, etc. and had already come up with my own CMS for account management with the sole purpose of personal ROSE Offline enjoyment and for sharing it to my nieces and nephews in our home LAN.

Kudos to Open Source ROSE Community!
Doing the right thing is the right thing to do!
hlajr
Smoulie
Smoulie

Re: Mileage function ingame

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:25 pm

I'm not quite sure where you are going with this mileage stuff.

There never has been (to my knowledge) a separate table for mileage items. Not in the server anyway. Somebody might have made something like this to work with a third party piece of web software that contains an item mall.
I have never come across such a table, neither do I see any point in it really other than in a website.

In rev 80 we just had copies of all the STBs made up into CSV tables that we loaded in. It was the only version that didn't load in items directly from the STBs. Earlier and later version both used STBs directly. I have no idea who, at some point decided that it was a bad idea to load them that way and started making CSVs. It was a weird thing to do.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby hlajr on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi PurpleYouko!

Thanks for the reply!

Just to clear it, what I want is to USE the ingame MILEAGE storage just like on those ONLINE ROSE Servers. I want to give items INGAME for my nieces/nephews without resorting to using my GM character and dropping the item to them ingame. Of course I can just do it thru database edit or thru my GM character but I don't like them seeing it ingame. I need to have the item stored in MILEAGE storage and for them to transfer it to their corresponding storage ingame.

I just get the idea about the MILEAGE table here in some post and tried to experiment if that would work for my need but to no avail as the item does not appear on the MILEAGE storage ingame.

Another thing, though I am not so choosy with the server version as long as we can play offline, may I know if what version could be the most latest stable for the osROSE server and it's corresponding working client? I am using rev80 with both client v139 and v162 with little difference in NPC ITEMs and SKILL TREE.

I have also made my own custom CMS for account management like password change because we have started the game with me using online password encryption and giving the corresponding code to the children. They can't change their password for some time until I have come up with the web interface that they can now access via localhost. Our project for now is for them to also have access to their inventory out of game. We are now in progress as we can already access the data, and now continuing to improve the presentation by graphical display of the inventory using the ingame graphics as background and items icon to present the actual items on the webpage.

I have also seen something from here regarding Custom Telegates (by you) and tried to understand it. Could it be used on this rev80 server? or it would need a newer server version?

Just to let you know, I don't yet get into server (edit and compilation) or client editing/modding.

Thank you very much for your reply and more power!
hlajr
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:42 pm

All the stuff can be used with rev 80 if you really want to.

The downside of rev 80 is that it doesn't support artificial intelligence (AIP) files for the monsters to do all the fun stuff that they should be doing in game. Things like buffing themselves, using magic attacks, complex movements based on comparing stats and stuff.
Also it doesn't support Quest (QSD) files directly so all quest data is hard coded into the server.

A lot of custom mods require the use of custom AIP and/or QSD files so those will not be possible in rev 80

Also rev 80 doesn't load item data from STBs. Rather it uses CSV files that have been dumped from the STBs. This makes adding custom items very difficult.

If you can get a hold of a version of rev 81 with a client somewhere around 160 or so it would be much better. I think rev 81 would work with your 162 client but I can't be absolutely sure.

There are a couple of other options available too.
1 would be to use KTRose (pre-evo) which is much more advanced with respect to server stability and capability. Also very easy to customize.
2 would be to use evo version 137 (Malaysia) along with a modified rev81 (drop-rev). This combo seems to work well. We also have the source code for that client version and I am actively (if somewhat infrequently) working on it to see what interesting things I can make it do.
Here is the client https://mega.co.nz/#!zVEwRb4A!Q5Tyxwceg_5GzefGtem7THG7UvJDF4Tdr7IbFU8a5qU
Here is the serverhttps://mega.co.nz/#!LZMDTaaJ!UsdgIz9HKvRjBk94_DAIbySoNYFXheMDSfZsU4rnezE

I haven't played on it extensively but from what I can see it seems pretty stable

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby hlajr on Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi PY!

Thanks for the response and the links. I will try these combo first and give you feedback afterwards.

One more thing though, where are quests like Santa Suit Heist activated? Does it need to do some coding on the server's source code first and compile in order to have a new exe or it will just need some in-game GM Commands or database/file edits?

Again, thanks for the replies!

More Power!
hlajr
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:55 pm

Quests like the one you mention are activated by changing an NPC reference Variable in game.
Some change automatically due to actions of the AIP files in the server.client but some require a hard change which they will retain until changed back.
By hard change I don't mean hard coded. I mean changed one time in the server via a GM command (only in some server versions though)
KTRose has the capability of doing this while in game without a server reboot. Most other versions do not.

You also need to know which NPC needs to be changed in order to activate the quests.

So let's do a little detective work to figure out how to activate the "Santa Suit Heist" that you asked about.
Here is what I did to track this event down.

First of all I look up the quests and find that the quest ID for this one is 5061
Next I look in my dump of all the QSD files to find which QSD file starts that quest. It starts in QE001.qsd from Quest Trigger 5061-01 so we need to find out where that trigger is called.
And that's where I run out of options on this one in the QSD. There is no further mention of trigger 5061 in any of the QSDs or AIP.
But that isn't the end of it. We have other avenues to explore. The CON files. As I recall we usually talk to Judy in Zant in order to begin this quest chain so let's look at her CON file.
(Yeah it's kind of complicated finding this stuff out)
So anyway Judy uses EM01-101.con (you can find that in the IFO files if you want) I have a list :D
so we open the CON and see that Judy needs to have this option enabled
"Wow, is that a Snow Crystal you have there? If you give me one of those, I'll send you to Santa's Planetoid. So would you like to fly over there?"
Unfortunately it is disabled right now by calling LUA function TA_hideMenu on loadup of the CON
We need to change the CON file such that the LUA script on start is TA_5062_start(hID)

But that isn't all. You chose a really complicated quest :lol:
That script will only get you to Santa's Planetoid. And it will also only work if the player has a snow crystal in their possession. Those do not normally drop so we have to figure that out first. The most likely place to find this is going to be in the AIP files.
Snow crystal has the id 12416 (from LIST_NATURAL.STB) so we look in all the AIPs to find out if it is dropped there.
And we find that pretty much every monster has the following code in their AIP file
  2. Select ObjVar reference by NPC number. refvar = 1201
  3. Check ObjVar[1201][0] = 304
  4. Drop one of these items 12416 Item has no owner

That tells us that we need to set NPC variable [1201][0] (otherwise known as a dialog id) to a value of 304 to kick off this event
NPC 1201 is Judy in Zant (no big surprise there)
the easiest way to set this is by editing your database. open table list_npc and change the dialogid for Judy (1201) to 304 then restart the server.
That will get the ice crystals dropping
If you are running KTRose then you can do this ingame with the GM command /dialog 1201 304 WARNING. Do not abuse that command. if you do it wrong you can cause some serious damage. Luckily all it will take is a server reset to fix it though.
If you change the DB value make sure you remember what to set it back too after your event is over.

Now we move on to Santa as he is the dude who will actually give you the quest.
Santa uses EM01-105.CON so we open that and look for his dialogs. One of them will be
You?re the hero that has been collecting Snow Crystals, right? I've been looking for you! Would you please do me a favor? We've been putting the Rudolphs under rigorous training recently, so some of them ran away and stole the Elifedora that's used to power the Santa Factory. Without any fuel to power the Santa Factory, Christmas is ruined!

And then what do I discover?
This is completely the wrong quest!!!!!!
I guess I just showed you how to start the Elfidora collection quest instead of the Santa Suit Heist so back to the drawing board of the investigation. :lol:

It seems that the one who actually starts this quest is [event] Stand in Santa
His CON file is EM01-100.CON and it clearly shows the correct text. The LUA in that CON is clearly what starts the 5061 quest
  1. function AT_5061_start()
  2.     if (QF_checkQuestCondition("5061-01") == 1) then
  3.         QF_doQuestTrigger("5061-01");
  4.     end
  5. end

I think that all you will have to do is spawn this NPC to make the quest work.
And that is where I hit a brick wall because I cannot find any reference of this NPC in any version of rose that I have installed. Strange that I do have all the files associated with him though. I can only assume that he was added for a short time and then removed completely by NARose.

Sorry. Can't help further. Hopefully you can follow the trail that I left here though so you can see what is sometimes involved with these events.

Also note that none of this will work with rev 80 since it doesn't parse QSD or AIP files at all in the server.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby hlajr on Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:30 am

Thanks PY for the reply and your great effort to help us out on this!

I am not that knowledgeable on this ROSE stuff but very much willing to learn these things.

I have also tried the server and client you have shared, though I have stumbled to some problems, warnings and errors with the server, and missing DLLs with the clients, though I manage to run the server and use it with client v353 (but the client terminate everytime the character being played pick or buy an item).

Anyway, I will get through with these if time permits for continuous ROSE tweaking and experimenting. For the mean time, I will still use the v80 and v162 client for our ROSE enjoyment, until we have enough time to know the other options/upgrades available.

Again, thank you very much for your great help.

More power!
hlajr
Smoulie
Smoulie

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator