Server Versions FAQs

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Server Versions FAQs

Postby hlajr on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:39 am

Just to clear my mind, please clarify..

What are the differences of these server versions, in functions, features, etc. that was intended by the development team during their development long time ago, and those that are actually implemented.

My apologies, since I was only at the moment using already compiled EXEs, and have not yet tried to thinker with their source codes.

Server Versions discussed here in the forum that I have seen so far...

- Rev 8.0
- Rev 8.1
- Dev Rev II
- Dev Rev III
- Dev Rev IV
- Drop Rev

Sorry for my ignorance... :lol:
Last edited by hlajr on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Doing the right thing is the right thing to do!
hlajr
Smoulie
Smoulie

Re: Server Versions FAQs

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:03 pm

To be honest with you we had a chat between devs recently about how to handle all this chaos and make it more clear to users. We realize its a mess and sometimes its even hard for use to keep track of everything ( we will probably make a clean thread or re-organize the forums for it to be clearer )

- Rev 8.0
- Rev 8.1

I have no clues what those are, pretty sure its not some officials osRose releases ; can't help you with that.

- Dev Rev II

Its a very old rev ( basically anything released by lmame is grandpa tier ) based on v306 or older client.
If you want to try it i can provide you clients that should be compatible ( i have no clues what the features are on this rev )

Dev Rev III

Basically its Osrose merged with roseZA along with some fixes.
Its optimized for rose 323 and the rose ZA client. ( again we can provide links if needed )

- Dev Rev IV

Its the latest official "stable" rev optimized for rose 437.
But if you are planning on using this on you should use the animalcrackerzs release : https://mega.nz/#!AFtnRC4S!mXcJU1P8qMoL ... Ux2PYLA9C8 ( optimized for rose ZA and rose 434 ) since it has various fixes.

DEV rev V

Is the latest experimental version of Osrose, it has some new function but may introduce some issues.
optimized for rose 503

In my opinion the best one out there are the AnimalCrackerz release and Dev rev 5.
to be fair i wouldn't be able to tell you what rev contains exactly why, maybe some other dev would know ( your best bet is to try them all and figure out which one you want to work with :p )
My collection ( Tools, clients sources...)
https://mega.nz/#F!AdcFnQDL!sKp3O9tWGGdWvLEj_EYfwA
osrose mobile project
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5787
OsRose Mobile development + Titan Rose redesign
https://github.com/shid0x
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby observe on Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:15 pm

XxXshidoXxX wrote:
DEV rev V

i Think DEV.V contained the mounts / itemmall / luckyspin.

Its been a while since i last looked into it
observe
osRose dev
osRose dev

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:23 pm

it didn't contain all that much else though as i recall. Half of it was never finished coding
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby hlajr on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:08 pm

XxXshidoXxX wrote:To be honest with you we had a chat between devs recently about how to handle all this chaos and make it more clear to users. We realize its a mess and sometimes its even hard for use to keep track of everything ( we will probably make a clean thread or re-organize the forums for it to be clearer )

That would be great! So as to have everyone on the same page, specially those like me who are still on our initial steps into OSROSE adventure...

- Rev 8.0
- Rev 8.1

I have no clues what those are, pretty sure its not some officials osRose releases ; can't help you with that.

No problem with that, though I have started a year ago with rev8.0 with client v139 initially, then proceeded with rev8.1 thinking it could be much better than 8.0. Sadly I could not help myself to think about the other Dev Rev also since they seems to be newer than the previous server version I have used, the reason why I ask this question I have from the start.

- Dev Rev II

Its a very old rev ( basically anything released by lmame is grandpa tier ) based on v306 or older client.
If you want to try it i can provide you clients that should be compatible ( i have no clues what the features are on this rev )

I am actually eyeing on this version so I was amused to hear now that this was already a pre-historic version?

Dev Rev III
Basically its Osrose merged with roseZA along with some fixes.
Its optimized for rose 323 and the rose ZA client. ( again we can provide links if needed )

Seeing this hot version many times on this forum makes me think this is a cool one but I can't help but have a second thought since in my mind, this seems to me like a mutated version (No Offense, I believed this is a feature packed revision as what I have read from this forum, this version was actually been used in a production environment(roseZA Private Server - by the way what does roseZA actually meant? Any difference from the mainstream ROSE?)

- Dev Rev IV

Its the latest official "stable" rev optimized for rose 437.
But if you are planning on using this on you should use the animalcrackerzs release : https://mega.nz/#!AFtnRC4S!mXcJU1P8qMoL ... Ux2PYLA9C8 ( optimized for rose ZA and rose 434 ) since it has various fixes.

Am I right that this rev is still develop by the roseZA team as an upgrade for Dev Rev III?

DEV rev V

Is the latest experimental version of Osrose, it has some new function but may introduce some issues.
optimized for rose 503

In my opinion the best one out there are the AnimalCrackerz release and Dev rev 5.
to be fair i wouldn't be able to tell you what rev contains exactly why, maybe some other dev would know ( your best bet is to try them all and figure out which one you want to work with :p )

Am I right also that Dev Rev V was still unfinished and for the time being its development was abandoned?

First of all, let me congratulates and thank everyone who have been involve in various variants of Open Source ROSE Development. We salute you all for your great part on this endeavor, the one that unites us all.

Secondly, hope that this would continue and much better be active as much as possible.

Thanks for the continued support!

P.S. - For the links, if you can provide me all of those discussed, I would greatly appreciate it! So as for me to try which one would be great!

I think these would make me update my sig afterwards... :lol:
Last edited by hlajr on Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
hlajr
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:29 pm

by the way what does roseZA actually meant? Any difference from the mainstream ROSE?)

RoseZA was just a private server that gave it sources to osrose and helped the team fix some things afterwards.

Am I right also that Dev Rev V was still unfinished and for the time being its development was abandoned?

The devRev V has been stopped for the time being ( it doesn't mean no one works on it ) indeed, i never really tested it personally but i think the animalcrakerz version is better based on what i've read.

I'm currently uploading a FUCKLOAD of clients, i will post a link to a big folder in about 1 or 2 days where you can find almost anything you could wish for.
osrose mobile project
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Raven0123 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:02 pm

XxXshidoXxX wrote:'m currently uploading a FUCKLOAD of clients.

Oh man that's a lot of clients. I didn't know there were that many clients in the first place.
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:45 pm

Oh maybe i overhyped it a bit :p
I have around 50 clients, uploading them as we speak.

I'm still missing some, like i don't have enough clean version of evo ( or so i feel )
The irose department is quite complete tho, i have almost everything ever ( Still searching for Akram and Bratok client before R2 ( i have R2 ) ). Found IT
Got some pre evo versions too.

What's funny is i have the compiled version of the dlls/exe of malaysia rose but i lost the rest of the client and since i'm not home :/
osrose mobile project
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby BarneyK on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:41 pm

Honestly akram is not really worth even uploading unless you have the Akram servers. ( which a few people have ).
BarneyK
Little soul
Little soul

Postby XxXshidoXxX on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:45 pm

BarneyK wrote:Honestly akram is not really worth even uploading unless you have the Akram servers. ( which a few people have ).

Yeah but i remember them releasing the server stuff on ragezone.
This means someone still has it :p
osrose mobile project
XxXshidoXxX
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Next

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator