Rev Whatever --- It's the last version we used at RoseZA

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: Rev Whatever --- It's the last version we used at RoseZA

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:25 pm

the drops in this version are the older type that I designed many years ago and have since decided to stop using.
It wouldn't be too hard to transplant the entire drop system from KTRose or even better, from project 137 which has a slightly improved version of the KTRose drops

As for the combat problems. I suspect a bad compilation from CodeBlocks. I've had that a few times. It's one of the reasons I ported KTRose and Project 137 into Visual Studio.

That message about TD mobs is a bit weird. There shouldn't be any of them being spawned in the first place. I get that too so you aren't the only one
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby NewMilenium on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:34 pm

I've added
  1. if(GServer->ServerDebug)
  2.                     Log(MSG_INFO,"[inPlayerAttack] Just before the FOR, nb_drops= %i ",nb_drops);

to
  1. void CCharacter::DoAttack( )

and
  1. if(GServer->ServerDebug)
  2.                     Log(MSG_INFO,"[inPlayerAtkSkill] Just before the FOR, nb_drops= %i ",nb_drops);

to
  1. void CCharacter::UseAtkSkill( CCharacter* Enemy, CSkills* skill, bool deBuff )

in battle.cpp.

However, when I kill a (green) mob, the console shows NONE of those messages. Therefore, it didn't execute it, and so it proves what's inside that if
  1. if(!Enemy->IsSummon( ) && !Enemy->IsPlayer( ))

has returned false.
Are all those mobs on the map Summons????

I'm very fine with transplanting the new drop system, however i don't know how. So it all depends if you have the time to do so, or to tell me how to so I do it. My first goal is to have this version of rose working as I intend do, which, so far, means:
1) having drops,
2) not having the attack bug anymore,
3) being able to show all skills learnt and not just one of a given job.
NewMilenium
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:46 pm

Please note that the debug code you added relies on the global variable GServer->ServerDebug which you have to set with a GM command /serverdebug I think.
I can't actually check the code to make sure today since all my files are on my work PC and I'm at home due to really horrible weather that has pretty much closed down the mid west

You should be able to do a search on "ServerDebug" in the code. Find where it is set in GmCmds.cpp and you will see the command.
Just activate ServerDebug mode and your messages will appear

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby NewMilenium on Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Result on a (green) mob death :

Drops = 0. It did execute the drop code, and no drop is found for that enemy.
For any enemy.

I'm investigating...

Ok, got it. Something is writing in the database that item_drop_rate=NULL while I had put in there 30.

edit : OMG my first drops! I'm gonna drop a tear...
So far, attacks are working, drop are working...... I don't know why the database got modified, and I don't know why sometimes, attack and skills won't work. So, I'm gonna focus on the listing of all skills in the Skills tab now...

edit : the attack problem is back. I created another char... does that have a link?.... i'm testing...
i switched chars. I tested : the first char can attack. The new one cannot.
Edit : a char can attack when he has isGM=1 in the database, otherwise he cannot, it seems. But yesterday, I didn't put isGM=1 and sometimes it worked...

edit : new problem; when trying to put an item into the storage,
[WARNING]: <SID:1952> Received unknown packet. Command: 07c8 Size:001a
and the item isn't put into the storage.
(I have no idea what the Item Mall is, by the way, nor how to use it, but it doesn't do any error so far when I try random stuff with it)

===| Reminder : current problems |===
1) something makes "seemingly-randomly" player attacks&skills impossible,
2) I need a way to show all skills learnt regardless of the current class of the character, just to be able to see their effects and upgrade them,
3) the storage doesn't work; "received unknown packet".
NewMilenium
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby NewMilenium on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:55 am

Oh. The .xml files my client has are for another version of rose. That doesn't help understanding them to edit them and show all skills. :P

I think some of the files I have are wrong. A soldier can't even see his soldier skills - while buying the tomes and learning them is no problem. I don't find any problem in the STB nor STL files... the "skilltree_soldier.xml", however, I think it's a wrong one...
NewMilenium
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby NewMilenium on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:19 pm

It seems the attack problem happens sometimes at the first connection. Then, logging off then logging again permits not to have the problem again.

===| Reminder : current problems |===
1) Skills are not shown at all in the client interface.
2) the item storage doesn't work (it works for zuly); it says "received unknown packet".
3) I need a way to show all skills learnt regardless of the current class of the character, just to be able to see their effects and upgrade them.

edit : no clue. My knowledge is way too poor. I won't be able to do this alone :-(

8 days later : damn, I felt so close to be able to play that wonderful game again the way I always dreamed of...
NewMilenium
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby NewMilenium on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:24 pm

The attack problem doesn't go away this time. I tried restarting the game, changing character... Nope.

- - - - -

I restored the list_skills.sql in the database, to check if at least the skills could be displayed the normal way with the "normal" job. Howl has his classid to 111, which is Soldier, and learning howl via Leonard while being soldier doesn't show any new skill in the soldier skill list.

So I still think there's an issue with the skill client interface. I'm still searching without any success so far.

Could it be linked with the fact that I removed the job requirements from the skillbooks? It shouldn't...
NewMilenium
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Raven0123 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:57 pm

NewMilenium wrote:The attack problem doesn't go away this time. I tried restarting the game, changing character... Nope.

- - - - -

I restored the list_skills.sql in the database, to check if at least the skills could be displayed the normal way with the "normal" job. Howl has his classid to 111, which is Soldier, and learning howl via Leonard while being soldier doesn't show any new skill in the soldier skill list.

So I still think there's an issue with the skill client interface. I'm still searching without any success so far.

Could it be linked with the fact that I removed the job requirements from the skillbooks? It shouldn't...

Some versions of the clients require you have have requirements in the STBs. try setting the class requirements to id of 1. 1 is Visitor. If that doesn't fix it then it sounds like the skill packet is either packed incorrectly or the server says you have no skills.
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:05 pm

Buff skills are definitely working properly. I tested all that yesterday.

Also I have fixed the quests and the weird issue of the worldserver crashing whenever going to Zant. It turns out that was caused by the server somehow deciding that all mini-bees are TD mobs and crashing because there was no viable path for them to reach the next waypoint.

fixed code and executables can be found here
https://github.com/PurpleYouko/rosZA_server

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby NewMilenium on Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:52 am

Raven0123 wrote:
Some versions of the clients require you have have requirements in the STBs. try setting the class requirements to id of 1. 1 is Visitor. If that doesn't fix it then it sounds like the skill packet is either packed incorrectly or the server says you have no skills.

Thanks for your answer.

Before : I removed all jobs requirements in the STB and put classid=0 in the database. I could learn all skills, none would be displayed anywhere.

After, what I tried :
1) I put all jobs requirements at 1 as you said in the STB. Classid in the database was at 2. I couldn't learn any skill, not even Soldier, it would do an error in the worldserver; thanks to that error, I went and changed a single value so that the "Incompatible class" doesn't stop learning the skill.
Then, I can learn any skill, but it doesn't show anywhere.

2) I changed classid in the database to 3 (like all basic skills). I learn a new skill : still isn't displayed anywhere.

PurpleYouko > does putting an item in the storage work for you please? I still have the "Received unknown packet" when I try.

Anyone knows what portion of code is involved in deciding WHERE to display a skill, so I can try changing things to finally display them anywhere?
NewMilenium
Smoulie
Smoulie

PreviousNext

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator