[HELP] Buff Fairy's for OsRose

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: [HELP] Buff Fairy's for OsRose

Postby AnimalCrackerz on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:16 am

so i didn't make the changes to quest reward 5 is that necessary i made the changes you made here in the latter posts.... but i am having the same result as earlier...exordium mentioned that he had successfully added a fairy to an osrose server .. I have followed all the turtorials and as you can see in the server it is buffing but again ingame no action. Have no idea what's done wrong.
AnimalCrackerz
Pomic
Pomic

Postby AnimalCrackerz on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:18 am

Exordium wrote:to be honest. it doesnt need to be coded. i have implemented my buff fairy on osrose client side edit..

could maybe you explain what to edit please?
AnimalCrackerz
Pomic
Pomic

Postby AnimalCrackerz on Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:48 am

To PY an apology...total dumbass over here..
AnimalCrackerz
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:38 pm

AnimalCrackerz wrote:To PY an apology...total dumbass over here..

lol

Could you elaborate?
What did you do wrong?
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Exordium on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:45 pm

i can teach you. just gimme your Skype or any communications. its hard to explain here sorry
Exordium
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby AnimalCrackerz on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Ok PY, the way was to make a QSD function... I had the AI 1024 making the buffs from the former GUIDE by Sir Ice...
So I am assuming I have to make a QSD and new AI for the buff Fairy..which I didn't. So best guess would to create a QSD with or with out a line of dialog and then give the buff as a Quest Reward ..? Its do I then make a trigger for the fairy AI or would it then give the buff the same as an Item.
I got confused.
I didn't even make QSD for the NPC yet. So was a dumb blonde moment for half the evening not realizing that even though I was making QSD functions that was expecting something to Happen without making an accompanying QSD. I was drinking Bud Light and ate about 4 NO-DOZ ....that's probably what it was.
:roll:
Exordium ty sir. will probably try to contact you but am going to give PY's Method another go first.
AnimalCrackerz
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:29 am

It's a little more than just a QSD.
you will also need to modify the CON so that you will have the speech dialog options to select the buff.

The problem with my older method is that i was relying on starting a dummy combat between the NPC and the player, then the buff would resolve itself through the normal code in battle,cpp.
It kind of worked but was a little unsatisfactory.

The code I wrote above will just give the player the buff without needing a caster as such. In fact technically the player might even be considered to be the caster too. ( hope it doesn't make the player do the casting animation :D )
by changing the packet we could stop that if it did happen.

So basically all you need is a way to trigger the buff code. I used QSD for that but it also requires a CON file with the built in options and an LTB with the text options to display.
I might try actually doing it on Monday just to see how easy it would be. ;)

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby AnimalCrackerz on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks Purple...I got the con file I made but I totally stink at con editing I think my con and qsd i made are the problem now..the server is showing an attempt to buff or give reward anyway but it's just a mess..if you care to share your con and qsd (hopefully you will do for shit's and grins on Monday) I would appreciated it. I can use them as a template.
Attachments
ice_screenshot_20170910-064101.png
AnimalCrackerz
Pomic
Pomic

Postby Exordium on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:30 pm

its true. but the problem is your NPC detects ur character as nothing, and it is not buffing itself too. because its not coded properly,
Exordium
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Ok so I started looking into this today and so far things aren't going well.
First of all my 137 client wouldn't work on it's current build. Got that fixed by using a slightly older trose.

Then I had to find a patsy to test it all out on. Probably should be in Zant since the 137 AP is different than a lot of other server/clients

Wanted to use somebody who doesn't have a massive CON file already. Lena looks like a nice candidate. NOPE. Her CON file broke my frickin CON editor. :?

I'm thinking idiosel the teleporter except that if you are following along with this and are using a later evo client, she likely doesn't exist.

Also my CON editor is kind of outdated and not as good as I would like it to be. Apparently earlier this year I began to update it to a newer version but I never completed it.
One of the problems I'm encountering with 137 files is that my CON editor is loading the LTB incorrectly. It looks like the language layouts are different in this version.

I could do the mod in KTRose pre-evo but that wouldn't really be all that helpful i think.
The reason I'm testing with pre-evo or 137 is that both of them have the ability to load resource files directly so i don't have to mess about putting my CONs and LTBs into the VFS. I hate VFS editing.

So I'm left with a couple of options here.

1) rework my CON editor so that it works properly and has all the necessary bells and whistles, then share the tool and do the mod.
2) Hit this thing from a completely different angle and write some code (a free standing program) to introduce virtual players/NPCs who will issue buffs like they did in Akram. There are a few potential obstacles in the way of this method but nothing huge. just stuff like how to set the virtual players in-game position. If I use the normal player spawning code to create them they would end up in the respawn areas rather than in fixed positions around the world. The plus side of this is that with a minimum amount of work, you could run this program in parallel with any existing server. You would just need to edit your database manually to add each buff dude as a player with an account, level, HP, available skills and so on. Another potential downside of this is that it would be essentially a BOT program that can log into any rose server and I'm not really sure i want to go there.
3) Similar to option 2 but actually built as an add-on to the existing server. The downside of this is that the new code might end up reaching tendrils of code quite extensively into the existing code so it would be difficult to adapt to other server versions.

option 2 or 3 actually plays into some of my longer term plans to revamp quests and stuff.
Either option is going to take a while. A few days at minimum.

What are your thoughts?

for the moment I'll be working on the newer version of my CON editor. That will always be useful anyway

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator