The 3 Servers Error I can't access

Welcome in the osRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

The 3 Servers Error I can't access

Postby Tartie on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:48 pm

Py good day...Just correct me if I'm in a wrong tread section.....can you help me on this please...my 3 servers has an error during launching the 3 servers......any advise on this part what did I miss?? :cry:
Attachments
Error 3 server down.png
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Re: The 3 Servers Error I can't access

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:19 pm

Those are incredibly generic errors. They don't really tell us anything useful.
I assume you are using a program to start all 3 automatically. What happens if you just try to start them manually? Do you even get a console window open up at all?

The kind of error you are getting would suggest something completely incompatible between the servers and your operating system. I don't think I ever saw a properly compiled server do that. Now and then I have had one that didn't compile properly and it comes up with that kind of error but that's extremely unusual. It's almost impossible to think that all 3 are wrong in the same way at the same time. It makes me want to look for systemic errors. Maybe your launching program is causing it?
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Tartie on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:01 pm

actually I was having problem with xampp...I installed xampp but the problem the MySQL doesn't run..it says "MySQL Shut Down..." have you experienced the kind of error MySQL doesn't run how to solve that problem??
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:59 pm

I never run xampp as a service. I just have the stand alone Xammp-start and Xampp-stop controls shorcuts on my desktop. That seems to help with the weird errors that can come up when running it as a service.

You could also run the xampp control panel software which will give you controls to start or stop services as much as you like.

All these controls are located in your root xampp folder

xampp_start.exe
xampp_stop.exe
xampp_control.exe

there's also a xampp_restart.exe control but I've never actually used it

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Tartie on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:26 pm

Is WampServer okey to use in replacement for Xampp?
Last edited by Tartie on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Postby Tartie on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:28 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:I never run xampp as a service. I just have the stand alone Xammp-start and Xampp-stop controls shorcuts on my desktop. That seems to help with the weird errors that can come up when running it as a service.

You could also run the xampp control panel software which will give you controls to start or stop services as much as you like.

All these controls are located in your root xampp folder

xampp_start.exe
xampp_stop.exe
xampp_control.exe

there's also a xampp_restart.exe control but I've never actually used it

I did do that but thing is when I start clicking start...it stop...but the Apache is running only MySQL stop...and the error says it shut down...

Sorry for the double post...
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:26 pm

I did do that but thing is when I start clicking start...it stop...but the Apache is running only MySQL stop...and the error says it shut down...

Are you running a separate Apache server?
if so you don't need to. running xampp also starts a built in apache server. If you have another version already running you will get a conflict.

wampp should work fine too, as will any other program that runs apache and mysql. wampp will have the same issues though. It contains an apache server which will conflict with any existing apache server.
All you need is a database manager of some sort. Doesn't matter which one you use.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Tartie on Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:11 pm

I thinks your right...there something wrong with my PC I guess I need to reformat my PC now...and clean it up...By the way PY just want to ask something how to solve the over attack speed in mobs in game and any tips where can I edit quest..since I'm using Rev 4 I know none is developing it now a days...I just want to try....Thank you for being there for ROSE community...Salute..
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:45 pm

Two of the trickiest issues in the game.

By the way PY just want to ask something how to solve the over attack speed in mobs in game

The attack speed thing is a pain.
Basically what is happening is this.
1. You click on a mob to attack.
2. Server and client both independently calculate your distance to the mob and your move speed and attack speed (which they often get completely different)
3. Server and client both start moving towards the selected mob at their own speeds.
4. When they get in range they start the attack. Server sends the first damage packet. Client begins the attack animation regardless of whether it has yet received a damage packet. If the packet hasn't arrived yet it shows a miss
5. The fight continues with server generating damage packets and client displaying attack animations. By now they are usually completely out of sync but whatever.... If packets come in faster than animations then the damage just goes into a pool until it can be used. (This often results in double damage displayed sometimes) If packets come in too slow then it will miss every now and then as the damage pool is empty.
6. Fight ends

Your only options to fix this are
1. Use the project 137 files where I have already removed all the calculations from the client. Only the server calculations matter.
2. Painstakingly work your way through all the timing calculations for move speed and attack speed with every single weapon type (and even some skills). I did this for basic weapon types in KTRose. It takes ages and will most likely fail as soon as you apply it on a slightly different computer processor. I don't think it is solvable completely.

and any tips where can I edit quest

Well quests in general work fine in dev rev 4. The problem is with timed quests.
The quests (QSD files) contain values that are defined in seconds. In older rose versions this was a solved problem. They used the standard time format. Seconds since midnight on Jan 1st 1970 if i remember correctly.
In these newer ones they changed that date to (as far as i can tell) midnight on the 1st of Oct 2006 which is the day that NARose first opened their server. However there's something else going on in there that I never quite managed to figure out 100% I cam tantalizingly close with the date change but there seems to be a slight random element added to the number so that it never did quite work After wasting a couple of weeks on this and other problems we realized that there was no way we were ever going to be able to make DR4 keep up with the changes that they kept making in the client packet formats so we abandoned it.

And there you have it. The reasons why I started working on projects where I could actually control the client code so that it made some sort of sense. :D

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Tartie on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:55 pm

soo... I guess the Rev4 has no chance anymore to progress PY?? or any chance??
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Next

Return to Support - OsRose Emulator