/allskill {By CrAshInSiDe}

If you want to help us or give some corrections / codes, put it here ;)

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: /allskill {By CrAshInSiDe}

Postby slaya209 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:23 am

I am still having issues with this one, can someone with a working copy post them on here please, because when I use mine, it doesnt not do anything at all.

Thank You
slaya209
Little soul
Little soul

Postby rl2171 on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:14 am

The working one will be in rev81 when released
rl2171
Admin
Admin

Postby Rescudo on Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:29 pm

And what keeps you from doing so? Isn't an SVN all about releasing code changes as soon as they are done, instead of building up to these "big releases"? Just a thought ...
SEARCH - it's there for a reason!
Rescudo
El Verloon Marshall
El Verloon Marshall

Postby Maxxon on Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:50 pm

Normally i would agree to you. But since osrose is an emulator a lot of things get committed that are not known to "work" at every case or they are just incomplete. So its unlikely that each single revision of the "dev rev81" is in a working state.
an anymous comment on a program called reloader:
what if a fatal error happens, will it restart it?
Maxxon
Hawker's pet
Hawker's pet

Postby Drakia on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:03 pm

Maxxon wrote:Normally i would agree to you. But since osrose is an emulator a lot of things get committed that are not known to "work" at every case or they are just incomplete. So its unlikely that each single revision of the "dev rev81" is in a working state.

But that's the joy of SVN, you don't need to always update to the latest version, you can download any revision from 0 up to the latest. The devs would only need to post when a "stable" revision is uploaded.
Also, not to sound cruel, but have you run an unedited Rev 80? It's not exactly stable itself.
My favorite skill is scaring new users away.
If you haven't SEARCHED expect me to yell at you.
Drakia
ospRose dev team
ospRose dev team

Postby Maxxon on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:12 pm

no i have kind of a "rev 80.5" lol

well an unwritten law for SVN or CVS is to not upload not working crap. Everyone who does that at my place and breaks something has to give out free beer for the other devs.
But since osrose requires to sometimes upload not working stuff its okay how it is atm. It would induce a lot of questions like "why does x and y not work, it worked before!" since i bet only a very tiny percentage would follow the devs changelog. They sadly dont even read the forums.
Maxxon
Hawker's pet
Hawker's pet

Postby Drakia on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:18 pm

Well, there's no real reason to upload non-working code, that's what the private forums are for. And if you look at Rev80, it's already non-working, with a lot of bugs. If the devs released revisions like normal, then people wouldn't need to apply a ton of code from the forums, and wouldn't be asking the same questions over and over about why x and y don't work ;)
As it is, there's something like 9 months worth of fixes posted on the forums that new users need to sort through, and 9 months worth of coding that users don't have access to. For an "Open Source" project, that's just not right.
Drakia
ospRose dev team
ospRose dev team

Postby Maxxon on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:37 pm

Drakia wrote:Well, there's no real reason to upload non-working code, that's what the private forums are for.

But that code doesnt go to he SVN then but to the private forum. The SVN should always be in a working state.

And if you look at Rev80, it's already non-working, with a lot of bugs. If the devs released revisions like normal, then people wouldn't need to apply a ton of code from the forums, and wouldn't be asking the same questions over and over about why x and y don't work ;)

dont blame the devs now for the ppl to lazy to search for the fixes that have been posted on the forums. :P But your are right, the time between the revs is a bit long. But that wasnt planned i guess. And now its already too late for an intermediate release so waiting for a more complete rev is okay with me now.
Lets see how rev82 will be :P
Maxxon
Hawker's pet
Hawker's pet

Postby Drakia on Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Maxxon wrote:But that code doesnt go to he SVN then but to the private forum. The SVN should always be in a working state.

That's what I'm saying, all "in dev" code should be put in the private forums, so that users aren't getting all confused by it.

Maxxon wrote:dont blame the devs now for the ppl to lazy to search for the fixes that have been posted on the forums. :P But your are right, the time between the revs is a bit long. But that wasnt planned i guess. And now its already too late for an intermediate release so waiting for a more complete rev is okay with me now.
Lets see how rev82 will be :P

Well, having 9 months worth of patches in the forums, it's not really the users fault that they can't find it all. Yeah, they should search, but who wants to go over 9 months of patches and try to implement them?
Drakia
ospRose dev team
ospRose dev team

Postby nick on Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:05 pm

hey there everyone ive tryed it several times now the whole thing from to to bottom but when i try ingame to type /allskill (then my char name) it just wont work my server says warnig invialte GM code and i realy dont know what to do now and my server badly needs this command its great ive seen it in different servers plz reply on this one

thank u allready for replying Nick
nick
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

PreviousNext

Return to Submit Code