Char Server

If you want to help us or give some corrections / codes, put it here ;)

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Char Server

Postby gakujin on Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:13 am

I am dealing with porting this to C# and I noticed something in the CharServer/CharServer.cpp line 199
  1. if(client->userid = thischannel->id)

My memory is vague with C++, but, doesn't this assign the value of thischannel->id to client->userid... thus always being true and assigning a value incorrectly?? If I'm wrong, I apologize, lol, it's been a while since I've seen C++.
gakujin
Little soul
Little soul

Re: Char Server

Postby DoubleEagles on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:55 am

i dont think so, i think IF client->userid = thischannel->id then it does something. it doesnt set it though
DoubleEagles
Rackie
Rackie

Postby lmame on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:35 pm

gakujin wrote:I am dealing with porting this to C# and I noticed something in the CharServer/CharServer.cpp line 199
  1. if(client->userid = thischannel->id)

My memory is vague with C++, but, doesn't this assign the value of thischannel->id to client->userid... thus always being true and assigning a value incorrectly?? If I'm wrong, I apologize, lol, it's been a while since I've seen C++.

It's "==" indeed but I got a "bad" news from you, it seems you're porting the rev 80 which is very old and outdated, not using STBs, AIPs, QSDs and stuff...
This has been corrected (and some other like this which issue warnings in VC++ for example) in the dev rev.

You should port the dev rev instead which supports naRose's client without modification to the Trose.exe and his latest files.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2189
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby amaedict on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:15 pm

well, he may as well wait for new release, else porting rev 81 now and then soon that would be outdated as well.
We Have it all ... Image
amaedict
Clown
Clown

Postby lmame on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Yes and no since it's "easy" to see what has changed from one rev to the other with the diff utility. We're near the 200 rev changes in our test rev but overall it'll be easy to track them all.
Once the dev rev is updated, I'll give access to the test rev so people can see rev / rev what has changed from 360 to 361.
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby gakujin on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:37 pm

lol thank you for telling me this and saving me a lot of time. I really appreciate it =D
gakujin
Little soul
Little soul

Return to Submit Code