Hey!

Welcome in the osiRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: Hey!

Postby Ultra on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:27 pm

Well it will be awesome!
If you need help pm...
Ultra
Rackie
Rackie

Postby wolfwing on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:37 pm

ICON wrote:Dragoon needs to get off the Qt tip

QT is powerful and crossplaform, there is no reason not to use it really.
wolfwing
Clown
Clown

Postby DaniloBk on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:07 am

The project is already dead or is in development?
DaniloBk
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Raven0123 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:23 am

DaniloBk wrote:The project is already dead or is in development?

I have been having personal problems lately, so I haven't been able to work on the project. Right now its stalled. Still interested in the project?
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby deivares on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:47 am

The project is perfect. Of course I'm interested
deivares
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Raven0123 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:41 am

In the next week I will continue working on my projects. I have a project that will serve as the base of this and a few other projects. I am really looking forward to finishing that one. :D
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Rakoon on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:12 am

Raven0123 wrote:In the next week I will continue working on my projects. I have a project that will serve as the base of this and a few other projects. I am really looking forward to finishing that one. :D

I have Questions, as i know this project is really nice, But something i want it to be clear on my mind, why or what it the reason to make i rose works with the last ver of ROSE online 469 ?
Rakoon
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Rakoon wrote:
Raven0123 wrote:In the next week I will continue working on my projects. I have a project that will serve as the base of this and a few other projects. I am really looking forward to finishing that one. :D

I have Questions, as i know this project is really nice, But something i want it to be clear on my mind, why or what it the reason to make i rose works with the last ver of ROSE online 469 ?

The problem is that the NARose client gets changed almost every week when they release patches.
In an attempt to stop our private servers they just randomly change certain packet structures so that we are forced to spend the entire week just figuring out what they changed and fixing it in our server. Then they do it again and we are back to square one.
It's simply not worth the hassle to try and keep up so we just decided to pick a client version and stop right there.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby deivares on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:42 pm

Raven0123 I've added you in the XBOX Live .. Accept my request cause I have some stuffs to talk about the project
deivares
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Juan on Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:01 pm

Heya guys,

Eventually i am in vacation and soon i will fly from France to Sweden in order to*study there*. Basically it means that i will have a lot of spare time to focus on my personal projects.

I and friends are working on an online game. All MMO servers have almost same pattern, at least basic games like ROSE. I think that while writing a base for our game, I can make it compliant to ROSE.

I am in crush with C++11 and TMP (template meta-programming) these days and all the great stuff around it. While osrose is quite decent and this community did an amazing work, I think the code is a bit shaky: the use of char* instead of string, handling memory manually, C casts , no code style...
I am far from being as good as Alexandrescu or some of you in C++ but I (will) try to do my best when it come to code and design.
Here is a very very little code base for a *maybe futur* osrose project:
https://github.com/Jiwan/oroshi

Here is an example of a main file for a login server:
https://github.com/Jiwan/oroshi/blob/ma ... n/main.cpp

I wish that you post any suggestion or advice,
Jiwan

Edit: I also plan to use MongoDB or any other No-SQL database as I hate S(hit)QL and prefer to think in objects. Mongo is also more scalable, blablabla
Juan
Rackie
Rackie

PreviousNext

Return to Support - OsiRose Emulator