New SVN and Updates ( Outdated )

Welcome in the osiRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: New SVN and Updates

Postby ihaki on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:36 am

Thanks, i'll try it
ihaki
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Raven0123 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:02 pm

I have moved the source code over to github due to google code being shutdown soon.

https://github.com/RavenX8/osirosenew
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:34 pm

you've been working on OsIrose?
cool
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Raven0123 on Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:59 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:you've been working on OsIrose?
cool

Yeah I was looking at the code to see how far I have come in programming and saw some really nasty bugs. Also I really do not like the code style since it the current style makes it really hard to read. Anyway if anyone wants to add issues and stuff that they see, feel free to submit an issue on github and I will take a look when possible.

Currently I am refactoring the networking code (aka the packet code) to be cleaner and easier to understand. I am hoping that this refactor will fix some hidden bugs that have yet to be found. :D
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Raven0123 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:37 am

I have no idea why but I have spent the past few days trying to get the servers to compile on linux. I think I'm almost there :D!!!!

https://travis-ci.org/RavenX8/osIROSE-new
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby L3nn0x on Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:16 pm

I got the server working on Linux (with a nice makefile) and removed all warning. But I'm pretty sure I got some new bugs because of that. I'm still working on it.

https://github.com/L3nn0x/osirose
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Raven0123 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:37 pm

L3nn0x wrote:I got the server working on Linux (with a nice makefile) and removed all warning. But I'm pretty sure I got some new bugs because of that. I'm still working on it.

https://github.com/L3nn0x/osirose

haha, you have the file structure that I wanted it to be. I was going to restructure the files and folder after I'm done with my current task. :D

I'm currently rewriting how the servers interact with the mysql database. I still have to update the Char and World server to use the new system. The new system should remove the possibility of a SQL injection.

EDIT: just submitted a patch for your code
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby L3nn0x on Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:54 pm

Sorry, I haven't seen your pull request on my repo, but I can add you as collaborator or something so you can update it even without me ^^

But yeah, I like his kind of structure it's more explicit this way I think.
Nice for the SQL rewrwite, I was actually thinking of using a external lib to rewrite the sql part and make it compliant with sqllite/mysql/etc, but I will focus on renaming/separating/cleaning the code before to improve readability :)

Edit : I would be good to actually merge our two code bases and use only one repository ;)
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Raven0123 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:19 pm

L3nn0x wrote:Sorry, I haven't seen your pull request on my repo, but I can add you as collaborator or something so you can update it even without me ^^

But yeah, I like his kind of structure it's more explicit this way I think.
Nice for the SQL rewrwite, I was actually thinking of using a external lib to rewrite the sql part and make it compliant with sqllite/mysql/etc, but I will focus on renaming/separating/cleaning the code before to improve readability :)

Edit : I would be good to actually merge our two code bases and use only one repository ;)

I forgot to make the pull request.

It would be good to merge the code bases. I'm also trying to keep cross compilation alive. I plan on later rewriting the all three servers to have a more OOP design. That will only happen once all of the code is cleaned up and I can merge my branch into master.
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby L3nn0x on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:25 pm

Yeah, using more OOP and also using more C++ stuff would be good (replace all char* by strings or use vector).
I'm also planning on using C++11 stuff, like smart pointers, ranged loop and lambda functions.

About the merge, how would you like to do it? Maybe use your repo cause it's in an organisation? I think it's better to do it asap to have less collisions. If you have a branch I can push to, I'll take care of it.
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

PreviousNext

Return to Support - OsiRose Emulator