osIROSE Project Status [4/25/2017] (in development )

Welcome in the osiRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: osIROSE Project Status [4/25/2017]

Postby L3nn0x on Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:54 am

Indeed pthread is Linux only, but we do have a Windows version of it. The project is being worked on with both Linux and Windows (msvc v2015-v2017 if I'm not mistaken) so we know it compile and runs on both platforms. Don't hesitate to come and talk to us, Raven is mostly the one working on windows so he should be able to help you!

The build process is still a wip I'm afraid so it might be a little bit bumpy atm.
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby L3nn0x on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:30 pm

Hola everyone!

Just posting a little update on the project, lua has been integrated and you can now create items with a temporary GM command! You can also drop them, but no pick up yet. All the item informations are contained in the database, which means that you can change the characteristics quite easily.

Next up, refactoring! Because we now use C++17, i want to adapt the project for it. I want to separate the different parts for easy testing and get rid of the singletons with dependency injection. So yeah, mostly making sure everything we have right now works and squash eventual bugs. I'd like to add documentation so new people can contribute more easily. Also continue the item integration and start working on NPCs!

See you next time :)
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby aerocoke on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:39 pm

L3nn0x wrote:Hola everyone!

Just posting a little update on the project, lua has been integrated and you can now create items with a temporary GM command! You can also drop them, but no pick up yet. All the item informations are contained in the database, which means that you can change the characteristics quite easily.

Next up, refactoring! Because we now use C++17, i want to adapt the project for it. I want to separate the different parts for easy testing and get rid of the singletons with dependency injection. So yeah, mostly making sure everything we have right now works and squash eventual bugs. I'd like to add documentation so new people can contribute more easily. Also continue the item integration and start working on NPCs!

See you next time :)

Its really nice to see you guys being so involved in the project, i follow it on git and seeing new lines of code being added everyday feels nice.

Do you guys think Appveyor will work anytime soon ? :mrgreen:
Its really an easy way for people like me who don't have VC++ and the rest to test the latest update.

On the same topic could you allow artifacts being downloaded from Travis ?
https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/deployment/releases/
aerocoke
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby L3nn0x on Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:11 pm

Thanks for the support! It's really nice to see that people are still watching the project. :)

On the note of appveyor and Travis, we're working on it. Because we're using some C++17 features that aren't supported on neither Travis not appveyor, the builds fail. We're currently in the process of adding a personal Jenkins build that will be up to date with the latest compilers. It's still in its infancy but stay tuned :)

Also don't hesitate to comment / ask questions / participate in the project if you want to!
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Raven0123 on Fri May 11, 2018 4:48 pm

Sdaak wrote:
L3nn0x wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong but pthread is only used with linux right ? I get a few warnings about it when running cmake ( telling me it can't find it ). I still get some errors but i'll try working around them first.
I'll contact you if i still can't make it work.

For you question about pthread. It checks to see if you have it because you could be using cygwin or mingw. Both of those compilers use pthread. It really doesn't matter if it says it can't find it or not, usually its checking to see if the capability is there and if it is, a variable is set to allow the projects, that use CMake, to know if those features can be used or not.

Anyway for Appveyor builds, I'm currently working on fixing it.
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Sdaak on Sat May 12, 2018 12:21 am

yoo appveyor is working gg raven !
Sdaak
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Previous

Return to Support - OsiRose Emulator