osiRose dead? no it isn't. REV 88 is on the way (outdated )

Welcome in the osiRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

osiRose dead? no it isn't. REV 88 is on the way (outdated )

Postby FransK on Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Hi All,

A while ago, I found an old iRose Rev87 distribution on one of my backup drives. So I booted up my development workstation to see if it would compile, and would run on a windows 10 machine. And guess what, after 30 minutes I got it up and running.

It took me some time, but now I got it stable again, and running with the original iRose 766 client.

So this code is too good to just throw away and I've decided to take on development again, starting by fixing up the sources and make it better compilable. after that, it's bug splatting time and see how far we can come with this source.

More information will follow. I have already fixed a blocking issue that fixes 'return to char select' and PurpleYouko has helped me a lot to get back on track and up-to-date with current standings.

Currently i'm setting up a git repo and making sure my code is clean and ready to use for your own needs.

Stay tuned for more info.

regards,
Frans.
life's too short to complain.
FransK
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Re: osiRose dead? no it isn't. REV 88 is on the way.

Postby L3nn0x on Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Hey FransK,

Nice seeing you taking up on the old codebase. I gave up trying to update it after making it compile on linux (the biggest game-breaker bug I found was that the ai was updated way too often).

With Raven we decided to rewrite the whole server in modern C++, if you want to exchange on it sometimes, we have a gitter set up (and a github repository as well) ;)
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby FransK on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:03 am

L3nn0x wrote:Hey FransK,

Nice seeing you taking up on the old codebase. I gave up trying to update it after making it compile on linux (the biggest game-breaker bug I found was that the ai was updated way too often).

With Raven we decided to rewrite the whole server in modern C++, if you want to exchange on it sometimes, we have a gitter set up (and a github repository as well) ;)

Hi L3nn0x :) I've seen the efforts you and Raven put in the re-write project. Respect! what a huge amount of work are you guys putting in, I already took a look, and it's very promising!

For now, I'll just stick to 'what-i-know' and see if I can smash the bugs. I know the old osiRose runs best on codeblocks + Windows so i'll stick to that for the meantime. I have no ambitions to make this project multi-platform.

Nice to see that not everyone has left :)

~Frans.
life's too short to complain.
FransK
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby L3nn0x on Sun May 07, 2017 1:59 am

Hi FransK,

I hope you'll be able to work on your version, it's nice to have some competition, even if you're already way ahead ;)

Seeing more people will definitely motivate us.
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby lazypenguin on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:29 am

Looks like this was dead on arrival? ;)
lazypenguin
Pomic
Pomic

Postby L3nn0x on Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Not sure about his project, but ours is still alive ;)

It's about time we publish a new version now that I think of it
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Return to Support - OsiRose Emulator