[Osirose II] Question about the future

Welcome in the osiRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

[Osirose II] Question about the future

Postby Kazuwa on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Hi, i've been lurking for the past few months and the new osirose project looks really cool, yet i have some questions about its direction.

It seems that you are leaning toward loading data from LUA files instead of the traditional STB,IFO...But to what extend ? Is the objective to load everything from LUA or will we keep a few old formats along ?

Is converting files from the client to LUA easy ? Just asking because since we got such a cool map editor it would be a shame.

What is the purpose of the item_db.sql ? It somehow makes client editing slightly annoying as we will have to make the client STB the same as its SQL counterpart which seems redundant.
I mean its easier to just edit one file and then copy it to server / client than to edit two different files and make sure they are on the same page.
Kazuwa
Little soul
Little soul

Re: [Osirose II] Question about the future

Postby Raven0123 on Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:23 pm

Everything on the client will be converted into LUA.

We will eventually get it to the point where you would have to do minimal work on the client to add new stuff.

If you are worried about moving your current files to lua, don't worry. We aren't doing anything manually (we would never get anything done q.q), I have created a tool that will be used to migrate the client files to lua and sql (https://github.com/dev-osrose/convert_tool).

All NPCs, Quests, and mobs will be handled by the server. We will eventually release a version of the client that will support receiving the model IDs from the server, that way you only need to add new models to the client.
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Re: [Osirose II] Question about the future

Postby Kazuwa on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:58 am

That sounds awesome :D It will make client editing much easier then.
How do you chose what goes to SQL and what goes to LUA ? I though i would have been pretty fun to be able to change the items stats on the fly too.
Kazuwa
Little soul
Little soul

Return to Support - OsiRose Emulator