[HELP] OSIRose Worldserver.exe Crash

Welcome in the osiRose emulator Project.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

[HELP] OSIRose Worldserver.exe Crash

Postby lucets on Thu May 13, 2021 4:00 pm

So I've got everything working fine but as soon as I run worldserver.exe I get an error and it crashes 2 seconds after startup. I've attached a video for further details. Any help will be much appreciated.

TIA

https://youtu.be/vHxoVmhH27k
lucets
Smoulie
Smoulie

Re: [HELP] OSIRose Worldserver.exe Crash

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu May 13, 2021 5:30 pm

The only obvious thing I see is that your ports are wrong.
Login should be on port 29000
char should be port 29100
world should be port 29200

Those are the ports used by the client so you won't be able to connect to it unless they are set that way
However that shouldn't make the server crash the way it is doing.

I would suggest that you try rebuilding from the source and possibly run it directly from the debugger in your compiler.
Failing that you will have to add debug printouts to the server code to find out where it is failing.
The consols are extremely empty of data in the video.
Without feedback from the server itself, it's not possible to discover where and why it is crashing
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby lucets on Thu May 13, 2021 11:32 pm

What do you mean? Those are the ports I'm using...

PY do you have irose server files with a client that actually works. I remember a long time ago I used some rev with the ruff rose client and everything worked perfectly now it seems I can't get any of the server files to work. I'm currently running ktrose server files and ktrose client which is working fine I'm just having troubles with the GM commands it's not allowing me to use them. I've posted a video for more details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADcIqOoqB_8

Also last question is it possible to run arcturus server on windows 10 because I've tried running it on windows xp through a virtual box server runs smoothly but not able to connect to the server when playing on my windows 10 pc. What is the best mssql server to use? i used mssql 2000 on windows xp but windows 10 doesn't support it. TIA

Edit: Figured out the GM problem.
lucets
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon May 17, 2021 6:51 pm

No I don't have any irose stuff at all. Sorry
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Lie on Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:22 am

I started running into this same exact issue when I updated to Windows 11. After ~1 second, WorldServer.exe would close (after it tries loading the STB data). What worked for me was adjusting the compatibility settings for WorldServer.exe to run in Compatibility Mode for Windows 8 (Right Click > Properties). I'm still using an older OSIRose Build (SVN 87) so that may have something to do with it; with the newest build on GitHub, you may not need to do this, but you'll likely need to build the binaries yourself.

I also had to run the client in compatibilty mode (TRose.exe shortcut). I'm running the unmodified 2005 irose client, rose_129_129en.exe, though; other clients may not need to do that. I also needed to edit SevenHearts.ini and adjust the resolution manually because only low and outdated resolutions are available via TriggerDetect.exe.

Everything working again though, nearly 20 years later!

Hope this helps someone in the future (or future me)!
Lie
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Return to Support - OsiRose Emulator