Need Help with Installing Data base

Guides for osRose and osiRose (compilation / setup)...

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: Need Help with Installing Data base

Postby edgieramos on Fri May 15, 2015 6:44 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:grab one of the VFS tools from the tools list. We have several

okay i got one of the VFS tools from Imame's posts i got this one viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1047 What should i do next?
edgieramos
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby edgieramos on Fri May 15, 2015 7:31 pm

Okay i got the idea on what to do with the stb files and i extracted as far as questdata then this error came up when i tried what other things im missing by running the worldserver.exe to test if 3data is doing its job, on my third try {after extracting AI files and Quest data files} this error came up,

sds.png

my 1st try to run the worldserver.exe was good it was able to read the stb files i extracted and then i got the error above. thanks inadvance
edgieramos
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri May 15, 2015 7:52 pm

that error is telling you that it can't connect to a socket when it is attempting to connect to the charserver.

do you have the char server running?
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby edgieramos on Sat May 16, 2015 8:07 am

THANKS! i got through that problem and was able to log in and then when i connect to a certain channel it will say server dead, i saw things from LoginServer.exe and it suddenly disconnects i dont know why it is disconnecting like that anyone knows what might be causing that? here's a screen shot.

discon.png

it suddenly disconnects when i get to the channels, hope i can get some help again THANKS ALOT IN ADVANCE!
edgieramos
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby PurpleYouko on Mon May 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Login server always disconnects when it forwards the players details to the charserver. It's supposed to do that.

Your login server is fine.

Your problem is that it isn't connecting to the charserver and that is almost always down to errors in the .conf files.
Make sure that your server id, server type and parent type values are correct
id and server type must be unique numbers on each
char parent must point to the id of the login
world parent must point to the id of the char

All your IPs must be the same

Unfortunately I'm not on my work PC where all my files are stored so I can't look at any confs to compare them until next week

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby edgieramos on Tue May 19, 2015 3:13 am

I see, but as far as i know about those values i just did what Imame's guide and copy pasted the values he had and then edited the IP and MySQL and etc so i dont think there's any thing wrong with it, but anyways here's my .conf files for each server.

loginserver.png
Loginserver.conf FILE

charserver.png
Charserver.conf FILE

worldserver.png
Worldserver.conf

Please check it and tell my if there's anything wrong with it, since i dont really know the proper values for each of this xD THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)
edgieramos
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby PurpleYouko on Tue May 19, 2015 4:03 pm

have you tried it on localhost 127.0.0.1?

That's usually the first place to start.

Additionally, if the servers are all running then you should get a message in each one saying that there is a login from localhost just after you start it.
This happens well before anyone logs in. The login server basically connects in to the charserver and then the charserver connects to the world server.
Both char and world logs should show this happening. If they don't then your servers aren't connecting properly.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby edgieramos on Tue May 19, 2015 4:12 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:have you tried it on localhost 127.0.0.1?

That's usually the first place to start.

Additionally, if the servers are all running then you should get a message in each one saying that there is a login from localhost just after you start it.
This happens well before anyone logs in. The login server basically connects in to the charserver and then the charserver connects to the world server.
Both char and world logs should show this happening. If they don't then your servers aren't connecting properly.

Isee, what do you mean by "Have you tried it on localhost 127.0.0.1"? If its about the "IP" in the launcher that i had to input, thats what im using, if not could you explain it to me please? :D

About the .Conf Files are they good? there's nothing wrong with it?

The server's are all running but the server that connects are only the Char and world servers, i am not getting any message from the login server saying thats it's connected to the char server or world server, if there's no problem in my .conf files what might be the problem here? THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP! :D
edgieramos
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed May 20, 2015 6:21 pm

The login server will not give you a message.
Charserver and Worldserver will both say something like "User connected from 127.0.0.1"
If you get that then it means the 3 servers are talking to each other.

The IP in the launcher tells TROSE where to connect to.
If the client and server are on the same machine then it should be 127.0.0.1 (localhost)
If the server is on another machine then the IP in the launcher or batch file needs to be set to the IP or URL of the server machine.

If you are running localhost (all on one machine) then the IPs in your conf files need to be set to 127.0.0.1

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby edgieramos on Thu May 21, 2015 5:04 am

PurpleYouko wrote:The login server will not give you a message.
Charserver and Worldserver will both say something like "User connected from 127.0.0.1"
If you get that then it means the 3 servers are talking to each other.

The IP in the launcher tells TROSE where to connect to.
If the client and server are on the same machine then it should be 127.0.0.1 (localhost)
If the server is on another machine then the IP in the launcher or batch file needs to be set to the IP or URL of the server machine.

If you are running localhost (all on one machine) then the IPs in your conf files need to be set to 127.0.0.1

YEAH! THANKS A LOT! THAT SOLVED MY PROBLEM! Now i can log in to my server, Is this accessable by other players already? or i need to do something to make it accessible by other's so they could play? A LOT OF THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
edgieramos
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

PreviousNext

Return to osRose / osiRose Guides