Evo ROSE - HELP!

Guides for osRose and osiRose (compilation / setup)...

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: Evo ROSE - HELP!

Postby Luke on Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:25 pm

How to add Oro map to Rose Online Evolution v243? Please help.. Oro map with instances to v243. In what folder add this map?
Luke
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Circa on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:31 am

Instances? If you're talking about the ones that Arua has, then that's not possible. That's custom content they've made. The most you can do is get some of the maps in oro with some mobs and that's about it.
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby Luke on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:56 pm

Okay PY how to add Oro map in Rose Online v243 :?: :!: :?
Luke
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:08 pm

Adding maps is something that you can do once you have a pretty damn good understanding of the way all the resource files fit together.

here is an overview of what you need to be able to do without messing a single file up. :D

You can't just add the files. First you have to modify 2 or 3 STBs and the corresponding STLs
You can't just copy the STBs from the client which has the maps because chances are that something else will be incompatible. You have to copy entries from one STB to the other
STBs that you need to modify include
LIST_ZONE.STB
LIST_SKY.STB

Then you have to add the map files that are in your VFS. This really is just a copy job. nothing particularly hard to do there. for example just copy the entire 3DDATA/MAPS/ORO folder
if you want the new monsters that go with the map then you will need to modify these too (EDIT NOT COPY)
LIST_NPC.STB (and STL)
PART_NPC.ZSC
LIST_NPC.CHR
You will also need to copy over all the AIP files that go with the new monsters and modify FILE_AI.STB to add references to all the new AIPs so that your server will load them

Then there are the quests
Grab all the QSD files related to the NPCs in ORO from your donor client (the one that has oro map) and add them to your server 3ddata/questdata and client VFS
add all new data into your STBs for the following
LIST_QUEST.STB (and STL)
LIST_QUESTDATA.STB
LIST_QUEST_ITEMS.STB (and STL)
QUEST_S.STB (found in your VFS/QUESTDATA folder)
And then you will have to also figure out where all the NPCs are located and what angle they stand at from the IFO files and add this data into the list_npc database table. Then do the same for warp gates and put the data into list_warpgates database table

Now grab all the CON and LTB files from your donor client and EDIT (don't copy) your existing LTB files. You can just add the new CONs. There may be some CONs that have been changed to allow access to ORO so you will likely have to edit those to add in the new content. You can try just overwriting your old CONs with the new ones but I would advise backing them up first.
you will also need to copy over the relevent files in the donor VFS that relate to the images that display while talking to. all new files in VFS 3DDATA/NPCFACE

There is also a folder in your VFS called ORO. Copy that over too.

I think that's all but there are possibly a few others too. I haven't done this for about 5 years so I'm a bit rusty

oh yes.... If you are attempting to copy data in from a client version newer than about 450 it might not even have AIP, QSD or CON files in which case you have a few options
  1. Create new CON, AIP and QSD files from scratch for all the monsters and NPCs that you added.
  2. find a slightly older client that has CON, AIP and QSD files.
  3. Give up (by far the most likely option)
  4. Spend the next 5 years or so learning how to truly work with rose files before you even think about this level of modification (recommended course of action)

An NO I'm not going to write a detailed step by step tutorial because it would take even me about a week of solid work to fully add all the data for ORO into a client/server that doesn't have it already

[ABE] 243 should already have ORO. it was released long before that version came out. Even my 137 malaysia client has it already. just my server doesn't because all my data came from KTRose pre-evo which didn't have it.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby hlajr on Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:56 am

Adding a working map is one of the most taxing task to do in ROSE but also the most rewarding one when you can view your map in game afterwards...

Good Luck to you and really read and read a lot!
hlajr
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Luke on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:54 pm

How to add Oro map to rose online v243? To what file add this map in server files?
And how to add new skins and hairs in my rose ?
Luke
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:31 pm

Luke wrote:How to add Oro map to rose online v243? To what file add this map in server files?
And how to add new skins and hairs in my rose ?

See my earlier post.
I told you precisely what to do to add a map to your client.
Congratulations on finding an option that I didn't think of.

5. Just repeat the same question as if I hadn't even given you a complete list of what you need to do.

if you don't understand how to do any of the things that I included in my post then ask about them one by one and learn how to do it just like the rest of us had to.
I don't have any problem with helping you to learn stuff but I don't have the time or inclination to just do it all for you if you aren't willing to make any effort at all to learn about how ROSE files really work.

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Raven0123 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:30 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:Congratulations on finding an option that I didn't think of.

I have no idea why but this made me laugh so hard.
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Circa on Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Same lol. PY's patience, god bless you sir.
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:31 pm

Circa wrote:Same lol. PY's patience, god bless you sir.

However the level of snark is escalating exponentially......

PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Previous

Return to osRose / osiRose Guides