Register Page (Email-Referral-Birthday-Capatcha)

This is guide mostly for website tools and code, for example CMS or registration scripts.
There can also be tools.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: Register Page (Email-Referral-Birthday-Capatcha)

Postby naruto7 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:07 pm

well sry for asking a basic question
i was just asking because everyone codes php a bit differently and depending on how they did it depends on how you have to configure the thing to work
thats why i was asking where it was because i couldnt locate it and if i configure it wrong it wont work
again sry for asking
Administrator / Developer of Imperialism Online
http://imperialism.606h.net
naruto7
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Mark on Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:32 pm

Well the Sql connection would either be in your Main index.php and would look something like this:

1. mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpasswd);
  2. mysql_select_db($dbname);

and that would have an include above it, something like:

but above all this would be a little section of php code like this:
  1. <?php
  2. Session_Start;
  3. <?

Inside the Config.php file there would be lines like:
  1. Hostname: 127.0.0.1    
  2. DatabaseName: your rose
  3. database user / user: root
  4. Database password / pass: root

p.s These above details are not directly related to any of Eutopia's Actual details and in no way reflect the database details which are currently used...As if i'm that stupid ;)

These database values are what are loaded upon the main index page being loaded 1st, depending on weather you have a html based site or a CMS based php site depends on how your php scripts are loaded..

Are you using DynastyCMS or something along the lines of Wordpress / Joomla / Drupal for your CMS site?
Administrator / Coder for EutopiaRose Online
http://www.eutopiarose.co.uk
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Postby naruto7 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:05 am

k i will try it later when u get up
Mark wrote:Are you using DynastyCMS or something along the lines of Wordpress / Joomla / Drupal for your CMS site?

im using none atm all the stuff on my site is codded by me other than the forums and wiki (forums and wiki have tones of mods done by me)
i know html, css, js, xml, know how to read php but can only code a little bit in php by hand
i have a little php on all my pages so i have to have all the pages have .php extensions instead of .html
naruto7
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Mark on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:25 am

Well you can still have .html extensions with php on the page, and you can also force the browsers to load the php 1st rather than reading that its a html file and skipping any php scripts, but thats gonna be pointless since you have your pages in php already :D

If you already have your own site ( php based ) and template, I would suggest getting a copy of the DynastyCMS rev 7 and using some of the modules which come with it ( register page, login/logout page, ect ect ) some security needs to be applied to some of the scripts but not much.
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Postby naruto7 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:39 am

Mark wrote:Well you can still have .html extensions with php on the page, and you can also force the browsers to load the php 1st rather than reading that its a html file and skipping any php scripts, but thats gonna be pointless since you have your pages in php already :D

If you already have your own site ( php based ) and template, I would suggest getting a copy of the DynastyCMS rev 7 and using some of the modules which come with it ( register page, login/logout page, ect ect ) some security needs to be applied to some of the scripts but not much.
alright i will give it a shot
also i seem to have ran into a snag i cant get my site to connect to the mysql on y computer i had read several guides saying i have to enable it to allow outside connections but i cant get it to work is their already a post on hear covering it?
naruto7
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Mark on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:28 pm

If your site is on a VPS or Dedicated server then you'll have to Either port forward the rose ports & your websites host ip, or go through your firewall settings and allow your websites host ip address through it, if your running windows 7 on a windows 2008 server then you can easily do this by:

Click start
    Type: Windows Firewall
    Select: Windows Advanced Firewall or Windows Firewall
    Create a new Excepion ( should be on the right if i remember )
    Type in your Websites ip address or host ip for your website
    Make sure that it allows the ip address range i.e: 195.165.2.0 > 195.165.2.255, this is the full range for this ip from digits 0 > 255

If not, take a look inside your Config.php and make sure that the database host ip matches the one that your current website is using.

There are a few guides lying around somewhere on here, mainly in the Server set up guides there is link backs to guides on how to port forward, but from what your saying, i'm guessing you already have web space and you want your website to connect to your server.

Are you getting any MySql Error like:
  1.  Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'abobot_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Are you using Xamp,Lamp,Wamp or IIS?
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Postby naruto7 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Mark wrote:If your site is on a VPS or Dedicated server then you'll have to Either port forward the rose ports & your websites host ip, or go through your firewall settings and allow your websites host ip address through it, if your running windows 7 on a windows 2008 server then you can easily do this by:

Click start
    Type: Windows Firewall
    Select: Windows Advanced Firewall or Windows Firewall
    Create a new Excepion ( should be on the right if i remember )
    Type in your Websites ip address or host ip for your website
    Make sure that it allows the ip address range i.e: 195.165.2.0 > 195.165.2.255, this is the full range for this ip from digits 0 > 255

If not, take a look inside your Config.php and make sure that the database host ip matches the one that your current website is using.

There are a few guides lying around somewhere on here, mainly in the Server set up guides there is link backs to guides on how to port forward, but from what your saying, i'm guessing you already have web space and you want your website to connect to your server.

Are you getting any MySql Error like:
  1.  Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'abobot_admin'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

Are you using Xamp,Lamp,Wamp or IIS?

i have a dedicated server located in another state but im not putting it on their till i have made all my mods and what not to the game
my web host rejects mysql connections from outside making the loginserv, charserv, and worldserv get a fatal error so i have to have the mysql database on my computer
and ya i get an error like the one above i will be more specific on it when i get home.
i will try doing what u said when i get home and i will edit this post with the results.
umm im using mysql server, mysql navicat, and i think im using xamp

edit1: i followed your guide and i get this still
  1. Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP Address' (4) in /home/u528780160/public_html/1/1/1/index.php on line 207
  2. Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP Address' (4)

i substituted my my address with the text instead because im not that stupid to post my computer's ip address

edit2:
Mark wrote:If you already have your own site ( php based ) and template, I would suggest getting a copy of the DynastyCMS rev 7 and using some of the modules which come with it ( register page, login/logout page, ect ect ) some security needs to be applied to some of the scripts but not much.

i cant seem to be able to find DynastyCMS rev 7 that you mentioned unless this is the one that you were talking about viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3321 but it doesn't say what rev it is
naruto7
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby naruto7 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:35 pm

bump
naruto7
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby rave on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:38 am

can i ask something how can i make EMAIL portion accepts only emails that does have

@yahoo.com
@gmail.com
@hotmail.com

And so on

so that if the email they put is not like that they cant register
or if they leave the email portion blank they can register
rave
Clown
Clown

Previous

Return to PHP / Web Guides, Scripts and tools.