How to ?

This is guide mostly for website tools and code, for example CMS or registration scripts.
There can also be tools.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

How to ?

Postby Ultra on Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:17 pm

1#How i can make that if i create new php website, to connect to the server ( i mean something like /install/install.php in DynastyCMS) ( i have read " How to develop a CMS-System " but some links are broken ..
2#The item mall wont work : I have tryed ItemMall v2 for first and wont work ( i have added the sql or whateer it was in navicat ). I have edit cid,iid and everything > Result : When i click on Muse Stuff > Cleric > There dont have items or something like this. I have tryed with ItemMall V1 .. Again wont work . > It works ok but when i click on some item it returns to home page.. > http://109.160.91.15/web/index.php?op=itemmall ( This is only test website but wont work )
3# The Registration Page V2 (with captcha and so on wont work too) >http://109.160.91.15/web/index.php?op=regnew. I have try and this too but V1 without security but wont work too...
4#How i can make more (tables) i mean if i wanna to add more items in item mall how i can make new cis or something .. ?
5# How i can make Top 5/10 Active Players ( In Rankings ) ?
Ultra
Rackie
Rackie

Re: How to ?

Postby hoegarden31 on Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:00 pm

1# If you already have dynastyCMS, then go in the folder functions, and open the file config.php. There you will see all what you need to have a connection to the server. Make sure that you include then that file wherever you want to execute a query.

2#ItemmallV2 is actually the best. If it don't work, it's because the maker messed up with the session names. So just look in your login.php if the session name where he store the id, is the same as in the itemmall.php.

3# I can give you a register script if you want. It's home made by me, so just send me a pm, and i will tell and give you want you need :)

4# In your database, there is a table called mall_category, you can create there new categories or sub-categories.
In mall_items you put your items, and in table mall_forsale, you put all the id's who you want to sell.
So only adding items in the mall_item table is not enough :D

5# What do you mean by active player ? I don't think the game store the amuont of time a player plays the game. It's possible to do that, but that will be a lot of work. Anyway, you can change the sql query on the ranking page.
I'm the one and only. In heaven and on earth.
hoegarden31
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Ultra on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:57 am

4# In your database, there is a table called mall_category, you can create there new categories or sub-categories.
In mall_items you put your items, and in table mall_forsale, you put all the id's who you want to sell.
So only adding items in the mall_item table is not enough :D

I know ..
But the problem is :
I see that it writes category ex. (testweapon) , i click on it and then there have 3 more categorys or something .. , i have click on every of them and it writes that dont have items ...
(I will install ItemMall v2 and then i will make pics of my navicat and so on ... )
Ultra
Rackie
Rackie

Postby hoegarden31 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:23 pm

It's because you have to add items to that specific category.
Let me explain.

category.PNG

As you can see on that picture, There are some categorys and some subcategorys.
All the main categories have a "cparent" of -1. So you have to make first all those ones.
Then you add subcategories. And you will put in "cparent" the ID of the category.
In the picture, you see Muse Stuff, and the sub categorys are Cleric stuff, Magician stuff and Muse stuffie. That last one has again 2 sub categories.

Now the table mall_item :
item.PNG
item.PNG (4.71 KiB) Viewed 9059 times

Well this is easy, just add the item ID, the type if that item,a name, a little description, and an image if you want.

Then you go to the mall_forsale :
forsale.PNG
forsale.PNG (5.8 KiB) Viewed 9059 times

cid correspond to your category in wich one you want to display the item.
iid correspond to the item id from your mall_items table.
Then you just have to add a price to it, a payement (in my case it's a V from vote points), the amount. Then the level of refining and if your item must be socketed or not.

I'm using the itemmall_v2 so don't worry, it works fine :D
hoegarden31
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Ultra on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:35 pm

SHIT wont work again ........
see pic of my item mall tables :
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/5580/mallpics.png

or test it :
http://lightroseonline.tk/
go to login :
User: demo
Pass: demo
Ultra
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Mark on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:43 pm

In your Mall_forsale

Change your sid to 2 to match the line number for the item

Change your cid to 4 to match the right catagory name

Change your id ( after cid ) to the same line number as sid

-> Sid = line number taken up in Mall_Item
-> cid = catagory id ( absolute catagory meaning the parent not the actual item )
-> id ( mall_forsale ) relative to the sid in mall_forsale

Make those changes, Hit f5 let us know how it goes

:D
Administrator / Coder for EutopiaRose Online
http://www.eutopiarose.co.uk
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Postby hoegarden31 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:59 am

Well if you look at the screens, the id's are correct...
What's strange also is that he don't show the muse categorys and some others...
Just send me a pm with your msn, i will fix this for you :D
hoegarden31
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Mark on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Whats prob a good idea for him, is to just wipe those catagory's all together and star a fresh with his own catagory's, using those that rifke pruduced can be a little tricky at time ^_^
Administrator / Coder for EutopiaRose Online
http://www.eutopiarose.co.uk
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Postby karl19 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:01 pm

How can i add Image to my Item mall?
what kind of Url it needs?
Sorry for noob question -.-
karl19
Little soul
Little soul

Return to PHP / Web Guides, Scripts and tools.