Storage Script?

This is guide mostly for website tools and code, for example CMS or registration scripts.
There can also be tools.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Storage Script?

Postby Mark on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Hi all,

Did anyone ever get chance to actually make a storage script? ( PhP for CMS )

I remember vaguely a post on Ice dynasty but, I dont think it was ever finished o.o

As always =>Any and all info is much appreciated :D

P.s @ Hoegarden31 -> A massive Thanks for the Help on the PhP IM stuff, Hows the Battle.cpp working out for ya?
Administrator / Coder for EutopiaRose Online
http://www.eutopiarose.co.uk
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Re: Storage Script?

Postby Ultra on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Yea im searching for storage script too (there have) but no one public it xD
Do there have a HUMAN to who will public it ? xD
-If there have,Do the storage or whatever will need all item icons to be showed ?
Ultra
Rackie
Rackie

Postby hoegarden31 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:01 am

i'm looking for this kind of script also.

The battle.cpp is good, but it's still not working. Without any changes, skills do 100k damage...
I'm the one and only. In heaven and on earth.
hoegarden31
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Mark on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:11 pm

@hoegarden31, Ok mate, I reduced My Skill damage manually via the stb's, this seemed to work, what you don't want to do is go above and beyond the threshold for skill damage vs normal attack damage as this would cause normal atk's to do mare damage per hit than an overall skill attack, play about with some of the skill powers in list_skill.stb, I think i spent like 2-3 hours just changing values there.

As for the Original post ( Storage script ), ok we have 3 of us here who want it, lets just make our own, with the correct MySql Queries, as for the icons, I'm guessing what we'd need to do is split the icon sheets down ( into 1 file icons using the split function on icon viewer ) and induce a call function in the php to call the icons relative location for that item number, the only thing is -> the icons sheets icons number is a different number to the actual item it self, so we could either manually change each icon to its correct item number or..... I dunno wht the alternative is lolz
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:18 pm

What kind of storage script is everyone after exactly?

Are you looking for a web program that can edit a player's storage/inventory in the database?

Does it need to be web based or could it be housed directly on the server computer for use with remote desktop? (way more secure IMO)
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Mark on Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:19 pm

We're looking for a WebBased PhP Script that will show a users given Inventory in a nice little UI a bit like this:

The only thing that will be edited in this Storage php will be an option to "sort" the players storage by Item ID

This can be entirely web based, if we house it directly on the server, this may mean more security features which would need tweeking, where as if its a stand alone complex ( always wanted to use that ) than its down to the end users discretion wether they choose to protect there site / php files ect, I suppose if we have it as a web based script then it still leaves the open source option.

this is what Default had last time I saw anything remotely related to storage in php:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/8407/storage.png

And Iv'e managed to get a copy of IceDynasty and the Storage-Mileage.rar thats over on that thread
So i'll take a look at the call funtions that pulls from the sql's and try and implement the table to look like the one Default did.. Obv I cant do this alone, so I'll prob need some help along the way ;)

**Edit: It looks like, from what iv'e seen on a few other Servers that for Showing icons in the actual storage container, the images are stored on either a remote server or there own webspace, but, The client it self already has these icons, so wouldnt there be a way to call for the icon without having to upload all the icons again?

Whats your take on this PY, are you using any kind of storage viewer on KT ?
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Postby xadet3 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Mark wrote:**Edit: It looks like, from what iv'e seen on a few other Servers that for Showing icons in the actual storage container, the images are stored on either a remote server or there own webspace, but, The client it self already has these icons, so wouldnt there be a way to call for the icon without having to upload all the icons again?

No, allowing local files to be accessed by websites in web browsers would be a massive security risk.
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby Mark on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:49 am

xadet3 wrote:No, allowing local files to be accessed by websites in web browsers would be a massive security risk.

Righty ho, Guess we're splitting and renaming some icon sheets then ^_^
Mark
Rackie
Rackie

Postby hoegarden31 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:45 pm

so only solution, is to have all the icons as real images on the website ? That will be a very huge map xD
I'm the one and only. In heaven and on earth.
hoegarden31
Rackie
Rackie

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:17 pm

I have all the icons up online at rose.kuro-tejina.com
they don't take up all that much space.

All icons are saved by their icon number as used in the STBs so retrieving the correct one is trivial in php.

Just download my icon extraction utility in the tools list, convert all the DDS icon sheets to JPG and save then someplace.
Now open each one in my utility and batch export them. You can do the whole lot in about 10 minutes once you get proficient. :D
All you have to do then is copy them up to your website so your PHP can grab them.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Next

Return to PHP / Web Guides, Scripts and tools.