[Development]OSRose Compile Auto Download[Delayed]

This is guide mostly for website tools and code, for example CMS or registration scripts.
There can also be tools.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

[Development]OSRose Compile Auto Download[Delayed]

Postby Poseidon on Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:46 pm

This software can be used to receive the latest OSRose compilations + all the updates logs.

Files such as database updates, worldserver.exe, loginserver.exe, charserver.exe, etc...

The software is going to read an encrypted key to make sure that you have the latest OSRose Revision.

This won't include any customizations and it will be a plain compiled version uploaded by Lmame or any other dev to the svn folder.

Note: This will NOT connect to any of your servers nor request any information. You will be able to scan all the files with your current antivirus.

Why is this so handly to new members?

I will be providing the exact changes to the files and database so you don't have to completely look over the entire database structure.

I will release this as soon as it is ready. ;)
Poseidon

Re: [Development]OSRose Compile Auto Download[Delayed]

Postby Poseidon on Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:45 am

This project will be delayed or closed.

Depends
I let you all know later.

Edited: Dec 09, 2007
Poseidon

Postby rl2171 on Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:53 am

WIll it be something like a SVN, but a updater that will keep your server files up to date, not the code?

It should be a good one for all those who dont understand how to compile, or dont have the time to compile, right?

Rob

Poseidon wrote:This software can be used to receive the latest OSRose compilations + all the updates logs.

Files such as database updates, worldserver.exe, loginserver.exe, charserver.exe, etc...

The software is going to read an encrypted key to make sure that you have the latest OSRose Revision.

This won't include any customizations and it will be a plain compiled version uploaded by Lmame or any other dev to the svn folder.

Note: This will NOT connect to any of your servers nor request any information. You will be able to scan all the files with your current antivirus.

Why is this so handly to new members?

I will be providing the exact changes to the files and database so you don't have to completely look over the entire database structure.

I will release this as soon as it is ready. ;)
rl2171
Admin
Admin

Postby Poseidon on Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:48 pm

It won't keep the server up to date automatically, but everytime theres a new rev they will be able to download the new and.or changed files.

And yes this will useful only to people who can't compile or just doesn't want to take the time to compile their own .exes
Poseidon

Return to PHP / Web Guides, Scripts and tools.