[HelP] How to change my web address?

This is guide mostly for website tools and code, for example CMS or registration scripts.
There can also be tools.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: [HelP] How to change my web address?

Postby lmame on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:18 pm

kazumi_14 wrote:Yes when i make an account there My ip is already there!... It's the same that i Post!.... But I still can't See it!... it Doesn't Show

Did you read my post?
lmame wrote:So you must have a router. Read what I wrote about redirecting ports...
To redirect an internet website, it's the port http (80).

And the one I made in another of your thread:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=794&p=7376#p7376
lmame wrote:There are several IP involved.

The "internal" one, the "external" one.
The internal is the one inside your network (your computer in your network, behind your router). In your case, it must be the "192.xxx".
The external is your IP on internet, out of the router to internet the one you see on http://www.whatismyip.com .
So:
Your Computer <--- 192.xxx.xxx.xxx --> Your Router <----- external IP ----> internet

To give people access to your computer, you have to give them your "external" address and tell your router to redirect those queries to your computer, so make a link from the external to your internal IP.

So mostly it's done in your router and you say something like, "every query coming from internet on port 29000 are redirected to port 29000 to my local computer IP 192.xxx.xxx.xxx".

So. Or you read what we give you as intel, or I ban you, is that clear enough?

So, take a picture of your router or whatever you're physically connected to, the box that gives you internet and put it here.
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby kazumi_14 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:25 pm

My internet is Broadband!... And i have a Box that Use to have an internet!... But it's Up in the Roof!... And it's Too Dark Outside!... S i can't Take a Picture of it today!... Maybe Tomorrow!.. Thnx
kazumi_14
Rackie
Rackie

Postby lmame on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:40 pm

Ok I'll try one last time to explain it to you... See the picture attached:
8102-lan1-s-.png

When someone types (example) http://kazumi.no-ip.org, the no-ip services redirects the user to the IP your gave no-ip (121.54.64.6), that's the RED arrows.

Then your modem and router (or modem + router) or your box (here in the example, modem and router) see the request AND you must tell him what to do with this request.
So you must tell your box to redirect the request to your website on your computer (local IP 192.168.246.247), Green Arrow.

In order to do this, you have to go into your "box" and redirect ports to your local computer. Most of the time you can do this using your internet browser, see the documentation of your box to do this or ask your dad.

Now there are different ports according to what you want people to have access.
For a website, it's the http port (80),
For osRose and osiRose, it's 29000, 29100, 29200,
and so on...

As an EXAMPLE, I give you my router's redirect panel:
The local IP address is (in this example) 192.168.1.101 so as you can see, I ask my router to redirect all queries coming from ports 80, 29000, 29100, 29200 to this local computer....
redirect.jpg
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby kazumi_14 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:53 pm

Yes!... But My Box is For the Internet Only. An when i try to type 121.54.64.6 It doesn't show Up!.. Hey where will i Found the screenshot up My Screen when i Type Print Screen? So dat i will Post it here!...
kazumi_14
Rackie
Rackie

Postby lmame on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:54 pm

If you don't redirect, it won't work !!! Now I don't know your box, so move your sorry ass and see what it is and how to access it !!

Use a screenshot capture program (google is your friend) or use "print screen" on your keyboard and paste it in photoshop or paint.
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby Jckf on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:56 pm

kazumi_14 wrote:Yes!... But My Box is For the Internet Only. An when i try to type 121.54.64.6 It doesn't show Up!.. Hey where will i Found the screenshot up My Screen when i Type Print Screen? So dat i will Post it here!...

A print screen will copy an image of your desktop to the clip board. Paste it in Paint and save it as a JPG image.
Jckf
Antares
Antares

Postby kazumi_14 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:10 am

kazumi_14
Rackie
Rackie

Postby lmame on Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:09 am

Your computer is DIRECTLY connected to that? Or is there a little bo before?
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby kazumi_14 on Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:41 am

Yes!... i'me Connected To That!.... That's Where I got my Internet!...

Jcfk Read This http://forum.dev-osrose.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=768&start=0

Jcfk You Told me that you will help me On hosting a website!... And you Said that you will host mine!....Please!... I tried all of i have in mind!... But i still can't Do it!.... I followed what All Of you!... But still Can't Do it!... So Please Host Mine!....
kazumi_14
Rackie
Rackie

Postby lmame on Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:22 am

You have a cable, from your computer, directly to the antenna, without anything between your antena and your computer?
lmame
Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to PHP / Web Guides, Scripts and tools.