question on new rev 80 server

Put your bugs you find in osRose here

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

question on new rev 80 server

Postby zenbog on Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:53 am

I have been using a very old version, 128 rev 1 I think, was no fun, just kill and not be hunted.
I have downloaded the SVN and learned to compile it, made adjustments to the config's, laoded the data base files, all went very well.
now comes the strangeness, certain NPC's will not talk to clients, click them and just stand. This does not happen on all of them just certain ones.
Could I have compiled it wrong ?
Is my client incorrect, I tested it on a server/client that will not connect to any site that is game related, ie.. a corp. "websense" system. client was a copy of ver 138 taken to the server and used.
Lastly I really want to replace my very old server set-up, I replaced the Xampp to the latest version, so as to try and correct some web page account creation issues we have had and lost the data base for what we had, so now I am forced into updating and just have clients start all over, not a real issue either..

Thanks,
zenbog
Zenbog
zenbog
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Re: question on new rev 80 server

Postby rl2171 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:57 am

What NPCs are not talking to you?

Did you update all file or just start from scratch with this version?

I think with Rev 81, if all tests go well, you should be able to use a trose.exe of 139+, so basically the most current one should work with no problems (I have been testing this out myself and Drakia did a great job with getting all the code!)

Rob

zenbog wrote:I have been using a very old version, 128 rev 1 I think, was no fun, just kill and not be hunted.
I have downloaded the SVN and learned to compile it, made adjustments to the config's, laoded the data base files, all went very well.
now comes the strangeness, certain NPC's will not talk to clients, click them and just stand. This does not happen on all of them just certain ones.
Could I have compiled it wrong ?
Is my client incorrect, I tested it on a server/client that will not connect to any site that is game related, ie.. a corp. "websense" system. client was a copy of ver 138 taken to the server and used.
Lastly I really want to replace my very old server set-up, I replaced the Xampp to the latest version, so as to try and correct some web page account creation issues we have had and lost the data base for what we had, so now I am forced into updating and just have clients start all over, not a real issue either..

Thanks,
zenbog
rl2171
Admin
Admin

Postby zenbog on Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:24 am

started from scratch with a new compiled rev 80.
oh, I have not installed or tested this outside of my office setup, but since I "dumped" it all tonight, i will be setting it up here.

mayor will not talk about 1st job, first Quest-NPC to see in "birth island town" don't remember his name, atm, eyes are tired from looking at so much text, will have to come back tomorrow and try again, maybe just get the server replaced and functioning before fixing or even looking at the CMS web page.
Thanks for the reply Rob.

btw GOOD work lately I see alot of improvement have been coming, THANKS to the [DEV] teams
Zenbog
zenbog
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby zenbog on Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:15 am

Sorry all correct now, installed on a system that is "updated" and all NPC's work fine.
When did selling of gems, jewelry give no zuly start ?
Also when I did /level 50, it added 50 to my current level ? wierd...
zenbog
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Postby Rifke on Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:37 pm

If you're a level 1 visitor

And you do /level 50, you should be 51, if you do /level -50, you're back to level 1
Rifke
Pero pero
Pero pero

Return to Bugs