LTB Editor by Arnold

Tools for osRose and osiRose will be placed in here, as well as Rose file formats.

Please PM rl2171 or lmame to get them added to the list.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

How could you rate this program?

Very Good
50%
Good
50%
Buggy
No votes
Impossible to use
No votes

Total votes : 10

Re: LTB Editor by Arnold

Postby DragonXX on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm

:D Yeah... i sent reply before finish download hehehehehe
DragonXX
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Blackdpd on Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:44 pm

wel i already got the editor from arnold but that is an old version so how the hell could i know that when it was vista capable that is was also updated.

so thats why i dont have an add row or anything thats why i said it.

so i guess im going to download this one.

and thanks Arnold for your great editors :D

Blackdpd `
Blackdpd
El Verloon Marshall
El Verloon Marshall

Postby lmame on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:05 am

:roll:
Right, you know what? Whatever :lol: waste of my breath.
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby Rescudo on Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:14 am

^lol

Trying to make an LTB editor of my own now, while simultaneously learning VB.NET. (I've come to realize that while VB6 is still awesome, there are no decent table / grid controls for it.)

I love the new version of this one, by the way.
SEARCH - it's there for a reason!
Rescudo
El Verloon Marshall
El Verloon Marshall

Postby xadet3 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:08 am

Naice.

^lol

Trying to make an LTB editor of my own now, while simultaneously learning VB.NET. (I've come to realize that while VB6 is still awesome, there are no decent table / grid controls for it.)

I love the new version of this one, by the way.

Boo! Learn C# if you're going to do stuff in .NET.
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby Rescudo on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:00 am

I'll probably do that next :) I'm kind of addicted to VB though, can't help it.
SEARCH - it's there for a reason!
Rescudo
El Verloon Marshall
El Verloon Marshall

Postby Calder on Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:04 am

yeah because there is such a hugggeee difference between the two right? Gee look to your own forums for the answer to that, or ask Brett rofl. :lol:

Rescudo, for simple editors stick to what you're used to there is not a significant difference between the final result from using either language.
Calder
Clown
Clown

Postby xadet3 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:16 am

Calder wrote:yeah because there is such a hugggeee difference between the two right? Gee look to your own forums for the answer to that, or ask Brett rofl. :lol:

Yes, yes there is.

For a start it's more widely supported.
It's has more support from MS(cough XNA).
It sticks to standards and doesn't use weird cheats such as MsgBox (you might not think that's much of a reason but for most it's actually the main).
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby Calder on Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:33 am

No I deal in practicality. An ltb editor is never going to use anything that XNA offers, it doesn't need to do anything other than read and write what boils down to a text file. There is no reason to use a higher level language to write a tool like that unless at some point you need to integrate it into something bigger. Which to be honest is highly unlikely for the ltb file format since it doesn't relate to the graphical end of Rose at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not encouraging anyone to not learn a language, but I'm not going to change my opinion that you can make a better ltb editor with C# than you can with VB, they both require the same frameworks, they both accomplish exactly the same thing in this case.

The following is for the part you edited out of your post while I was typing ;)

As to Matt, he is a lot more talented than any of you guys that like to look down your noses at him think. I am pretty sure everyone could learn from each other if the cheap shots over nothing came to an end but I doubt that is going to happen from either side. He does what I ask in an incredibly short time frame, all his tools work without fail and are easy to use given we are the only private server that has a single real coder at the moment I haven't seen you guys do anything he can't. So it's time to get off your high horse about him. A mature person doesn't need to like someone to admit their ability.
Calder
Clown
Clown

Postby xadet3 on Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:03 am

You said there was no difference between C# and VB, but now you're saying C# is a higher level language.

Sorry, but pretty much everything you just said at the end is wrong. Us looking down at our noses to him? Have you any idea what crap he comes out with when posting here and at AruaROSE? He's so far up his own arse, I don't even know how to put it into context.

And "we are the only private server that has a single real coder at the moment I haven't seen you guys do anything he can't.", are you kidding me? Even glov admitted Sir_Kane is more experience and talented than her, plus you can't compare someone who codes in .NET to someone who codes in unmanaged C++ and ASM.

You need to wake up and realize how much of an immature biggot that kid has become before mentioning maturity.

I ain't here to flame, I've got more important things to do like carry on watching The Love Guru and thinking about whether to get breakfast or just go to bed.

/out
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

PreviousNext

Return to Tools and File Format