BETA 3D Object browser from Geobot.

Tools for osRose and osiRose will be placed in here, as well as Rose file formats.

Please PM rl2171 or lmame to get them added to the list.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

How could you rate this program?

Very Good
11%
Good
44%
Buggy
11%
Impossible to use
33%

Total votes : 9

BETA 3D Object browser from Geobot.

Postby lmame on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:29 pm

This is a 3D image browser from Geobot (original thread here).

Software:
Geobot wrote:Ok, so for the last couple days i've been working on a model browser, and figured i may as well release my latest stable version. please note that it is a work in progress, and also that this is the first time i've used directX for anything, lol.

Basically, the idea is that you can pop this in a folder containing an extracted VFS, and then browse through the various models that are included. right now it only has the equipment models enabled, but NPCs, faces, and hairs should be following very soon.

once the NPCs and other models go in, i'm going to be working on adding an option to view animations for them as well.

NOTE :: right now, like i said, this is a work in progress. as such, most of the controls are keyboard-based. here's a run-down.

rotation is arrow keys
pan is ASDW keys
zoom in/out is pgUp/pgDn
wireframe toggle is Tab
model changing is with N and B keys, for 'next' and 'back'

yes, i'm gonna put buttons on the thing, but i'm working on the actual rendering part first, go figure.

anyway, it reads the ZSC file for the corresponding item type and displays all the parts that go into it, instead of just one ZMS at a time, so you can see what the whole thing looks like.

stay tuned for more updates, i'm working on this thing steady now ^^

Updates:
2008/04/04:
-> it now supports NPC/hair/face browsing as well. the NPCs have a slight alpha issue, but i'm done for the morning, so it'll get updated again tonight or so. the link stays the same, so just use the one above.

2008/04/04:
-> first beta,

Requirements:
-> DirectX 9.0c (or above),
-> the DLL included in the zip,
-> put the program into a folder where is an already extracted VFS,

File:
browser.zip
3D Object browser from Geobot
(1.18 MiB) Downloaded 1836 times
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Re: BETA 3D Object browser from Geobot.

Postby lmame on Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:30 pm

This program is still in BETA stage, so use this thread to report bugs or talk about it.
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby Blah4 on Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:02 pm

My PC almost got frozen using this...
I'll wait for the final version ^^
Blah4
ospRose dev team
ospRose dev team

Postby Blackdpd on Fri May 02, 2008 12:38 pm

i think this is a very nice tool. for so far i think this is the only program my computer runs good :P
the only thing is you can only see 1 thing like hair you can only see 1 kind of hair you cannot switch to see another kind of hair.
or npc i only see an Jelly Bean but can you see other npc's as well ? if you know tell me.
and if it cant because its still in beta then i dont mind i still think this is a nice tool.

keep up the good work 8-)

Blackdpd `
Blackdpd
El Verloon Marshall
El Verloon Marshall

Postby Sethanye on Fri May 02, 2008 2:04 pm

there is also a case on non genter clothes, like it reads the armors which go like by standardt body_1_1100.zms for male and body_2_1100.zms for female, but there are also items that just go with F for example BODY2_F07730.DDS those it doesnt read, there are even ones like BODY_F07250.DDS.
~ Learning Flash ~ Anyone Know Any Good Tutorial DVDs? ~
"Come Into My Dream, Let Me Show You Where I've Been.
Its You And Me I've Seen, Let Me Tell You What I Mean."
Sethanye
Neko Chan
Neko Chan

Postby Geobot on Thu May 08, 2008 6:45 pm

Sethanye wrote:there is also a case on non genter clothes, like it reads the armors which go like by standardt body_1_1100.zms for male and body_2_1100.zms for female, but there are also items that just go with F for example BODY2_F07730.DDS those it doesnt read, there are even ones like BODY_F07250.DDS.

i'm not sure exactly what you mean here. to show the models, it reads the list_body.zsc for each gender and displays all parts for each entry. as long as the file is in the ZSC, it should show up. and if it's not in the ZSC, it wouldn't show in game either.

maybe i misunderstood what you mean, i dunno.
Geobot
Antares
Antares

Postby Sethanye on Thu May 08, 2008 6:52 pm

well in my client i have all jrose items. so the original ones from narose it does read, but the jrose it wont show
~ Learning Flash ~ Anyone Know Any Good Tutorial DVDs? ~
"Come Into My Dream, Let Me Show You Where I've Been.
Its You And Me I've Seen, Let Me Tell You What I Mean."
Sethanye
Neko Chan
Neko Chan

Postby Geobot on Thu May 08, 2008 7:01 pm

well, the ZSC files work the same for jrose and narose as far as i know. i've browsed through the jRose GI client with the browser, as well as a straight naRose, and a mixed client as well, and everything worked for me. the only ones that don't show up are a very few of them that have a different ZMS header, so are deliberately skipped, but it's -very- few of them. it shouldn't matter whether it's jrose or narose at all.
Geobot
Antares
Antares

Postby Calder on Wed May 14, 2008 3:39 am

Works quite nicely for jRose and iRose for me. If you are still working on this I could give a few suggestions.

1. It would be nice to have a bigger viewer pane, some of the items are too big and if you zoom out you have a hard time making them out.

2. Having it list which files it has loaded for an item and which zsc entry it is would be extremely useful for most of the people using this tool.

3. Not even sure how you'd go about doing this, but again with the original messy coding the zsc files have dozens if not hundreds of duplicate entries, somehow being able to just show unique files would be nice. (although likely not possible without creating new files from the zsc entries first)

It's a neat toy at the moment but to be truly useful it would need more information displayed. With Roses brutal naming conventions matching zms and dds files can sometimes be a time consuming headache lol. Searching through stb files is annoying. If you added the second idea it would mean being able to scroll through the items and instantly know what files make up that entry.
Calder
Clown
Clown

Postby Geobot on Wed May 14, 2008 6:46 am

1) i agree, when i first decided on size, i wan't sur ehow big the tiems would be displayed. especially on spears and staffs, they look small if you zoom out to see them all.

2) yea, the plan is to list which files it uses for each one, what entry number it is, stuff like that. i forgot exactly which version i uploaded. while you're running it, see if it creates a debug.txt. if it's a new enough version, it will output a txt file with random info in there. if no, well, it'll just get added in with the next version.

3) well, a lot of the multiples i've seen are for the 'other' versions of the items. for instance, there are separate entries for golden/shadow/legend, etc. of course, there are also duplicate entries in the 2/3000 range that -are- completely useless, but that would have to be handled withing the ZSC itself. this tool just views what's there, no editing at all.

thanks for the feedback. i agree that at this state it's just a toy. i originally did it for two main reasons. one was to be able to browse through the new jRose stuff, so we could see which we wanted to add and prioritize. second was to learn DirectX programming, since i'd never done anything with it before.

i -do- plan to 'finish' it up more, i just need to clone myself a few times...
Geobot
Antares
Antares

Next

Return to Tools and File Format