Universal VFS Extractor for Taiwan / JRose... (Souleater)

Tools for osRose and osiRose will be placed in here, as well as Rose file formats.

Please PM rl2171 or lmame to get them added to the list.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

How could you rate this program?

Very Good
83%
Good
17%
Buggy
No votes
Impossible to use
No votes

Total votes : 6

Universal VFS Extractor for Taiwan / JRose... (Souleater)

Postby lmame on Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:28 pm

This tool is released by Souleater and is still in development stage, check this thread.

Software:
Souleater wrote:Hello,

In light of the new arrival of the Taiwan ROSE client I thought of cooking up a little VFS Extractor that would load every and each kind of VFS versions and altogether have some pretty decent features.

So I am releasing now the very first, and highly experimental, version of what I called the "Universal VFS Extractor" ( catchy huh ? x) ).

Here is the help file text :

How To USE The Universal VFS Extractor

I - Setup

Copy the executable file into a directory which contains the TriggerVFS.dll library you want to use, and then launch the program. (To make it simple just put the file in the root folder of the VFS you want to extract files from)

II - Loading Index Files

Go to the "File > Load" menu and choose the index type you want to load, three choices are available:
- Normal Index
- Taiwan ROSE Index
- Japan ROSE Index
Make sure to choose the index type that suits the TriggerVFS.dll you are using.

III - File Extraction
1 - Extracting single files

Browse through the VFS tree and select then right click on the file you want to extract then click on "Extract File". A folder browser pops up, choose the directory where you want to extract the file. Note that upon extraction, extra sub directories might be added to the folder you have chosen depending on where the archived file is stored within the VFS. Example :
If you want to extract "3DDATA\QUESTDATA\TUTORIAL.QSD" to "C:\ExtractedVFS\" then "TUTORIAL.QSD" will be found at :
"C:\ExtractedVFS\3DDATA\QUESTDATA\TUTORIAL.QSD"

2 - Extracting folders

Same as extracting single files.

IV - Misc. Infos

This software was debugged and tested using Akram Online's client and the official Taiwan ROSE client, so in theory it should work with the all the clients with a normal VFS (iROSE, kROSE, naROSE, pROSE and pretty much all of the private servers' VFSs) plus the special encrypted TWROSE VFS.
The JROSE VFS support is scheduled for a later release.

I was inspired from Calder's vfs extractor and used a couple of lines of xadet's ".Net TriggerVFS" tutorial code.

As pointed out in the help file, the jROSE support is still to come, mainly because I lost my old jROSE VFS handler code, plus I don't have the client to start from scratch and test on. (will start dl-ing this night)

And as always, this is a beta release x) If the sofware f**ks anything up, I am sorry ;-< (Post back bugs please if you find any)

Enjoy,
Souleater

Version:
2009/06/24:
-> first public release,

requirements:
.Net Framework

File:
Universal VFS Extractor.zip
(16.88 KiB) Downloaded 2428 times

Screenshot:
The world is full of love and peace ^_^