VFS Workshop (by IaguCool)

Tools for osRose and osiRose will be placed in here, as well as Rose file formats.

Please PM rl2171 or lmame to get them added to the list.

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Re: VFS Workshop (by IaguCool)

Postby IaguCool on Fri May 24, 2013 2:55 pm

XxXshidoXxX wrote:Hmm,this might not be the perfect place for this kind of debate but don't you think servers Like Titan Rose are ahead of naRose and yet still using an old based client ? I know i do.

Also some people can do som pretty awesome thing on their own,like purple with his TD system on KTrose.

Developing for iROSE client is a dead-end UNLESS you have the sources for TRose.exe (else you can forget about new features). If you don't have the option to add features, you can only rely on Gravity to make the additions.
IaguCool
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Exordium on Fri May 24, 2013 6:38 pm

i have a source of a trose exe of irose but i really dont want to share it
Exordium
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby xadet3 on Fri May 24, 2013 8:03 pm

IaguCool wrote:Developing for iROSE client is a dead-end UNLESS you have the sources for TRose.exe (else you can forget about new features).

That's not true at all, we were constantly adding new features at titanRose without the (compilable) source code. If you can work your way around a debugger and know basic assembly to hook into parts of the game, it isn't a problem at all.

The only way the source code helped was when we mapped classes or wanted an easy way to find where certain parts of code were located in TRose, but in regards to both cases we were all doing that long before the code was available, it just made life easier.
xadet3
Pero pero
Pero pero

Postby IaguCool on Fri May 24, 2013 10:25 pm

Just attach iROSE's "data.idx" here, and I'll try to add it to VFS Workshop...
IaguCool
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Circa on Sat May 25, 2013 2:28 am

lol what? the whole point of my post was to make you stop insulting irose and prose when someone brought them up, which seems unnecessary.

TBH all you had to add to the thread name was VFS Workshop(evo/naROSE only), and you wouldn't get people asking why it doesn't work for irose and prose, nvm probably you still would lol.
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby IaguCool on Sat May 25, 2013 2:54 am

Circa wrote:lol what? the whole point of my post was to make you stop insulting irose and prose when someone brought them up, which seems unnecessary.

TBH all you had to add to the thread name was VFS Workshop(evo/naROSE only), and you wouldn't get people asking why it doesn't work for irose and prose, nvm probably you still would lol.

First of all, if you read the description, it says that it's meant to be used with naROSE. There's no point making ANOTHER VFS tool for iROSE when there are too many of them as it is (and they are all kindda shitty).
I said my opinion about the iROSE-relevance-debate, you don't have to like it, neither you should bitch about it, it's pointless. I rest my case on this off-topic subject.

On-topic: Did anyone encounter any bugs with v1.0?
And if you still want iROSE support, just attach any data.idx file from iROSE, since I don't know its structure and don't have the old client.
IaguCool
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby rl2171 on Sat May 25, 2013 3:14 am

Took awhile to find it, but here is the data.idx file from my old iRose client from 2005

Hope it helps,

Rob
Attachments
data.zip
iRose data.idx
(319.23 KiB) Downloaded 505 times
rl2171
Admin
Admin

Postby Circa on Sat May 25, 2013 6:54 am

IaguCool wrote:First of all, if you read the description, it says that it's meant to be used with naROSE. There's no point making ANOTHER VFS tool for iROSE when there are too many of them as it is (and they are all kindda shitty).
I said my opinion about the iROSE-relevance-debate, you don't have to like it, neither you should bitch about it, it's pointless. I rest my case on this off-topic subject.

And if you still want iROSE support, just attach any data.idx file from iROSE, since I don't know its structure and don't have the old client.

Wtf are you going on about, do you even read my post? or do you just pick and choose parts of my post that you find insulting?

You seem to be confusing me with someone else's post, I didn't ask for you to make it work with irose or prose. I knew this was meant for evo/naROSE, so stop getting mad over things I haven't even said.

I basically said to quit your bitching about how bad/old irose and prose was, nothing more nothing else, cuz its pointless to hear you whining about it, if someone else mentions it because they downloaded the tool, and didn't read the description that this tool was made for Evo/naROSE, and not guaranteed to work with irose or prose. So, I guess i should apologize for those who posted why this tool didn't work for irose....
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby IaguCool on Sat May 25, 2013 9:54 am

Circa wrote:
IaguCool wrote:First of all, if you read the description, it says that it's meant to be used with naROSE. There's no point making ANOTHER VFS tool for iROSE when there are too many of them as it is (and they are all kindda shitty).

Wtf are you going on about, do you even read my post? or do you just pick and choose parts of my post that you find insulting?

You seem to be confusing me with someone else's post, I didn't ask for you to make it work with irose or prose. I knew this was meant for evo/naROSE, so stop getting mad over things I haven't even said.

I basically said to quit your bitching about how bad/old irose and prose was, nothing more nothing else, cuz its pointless to hear you whining about it, if someone else mentions it because they downloaded the tool, and didn't read the description that this tool was made for Evo/naROSE, and not guaranteed to work with irose or prose. So, I guess i should apologize for those who posted why this tool didn't work for irose....

OMFG just drop the subject. If every opinion is "whining" to you, you should try to grow up.
IaguCool
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby IaguCool on Sat May 25, 2013 11:15 am

rl2171 wrote:Took awhile to find it, but here is the data.idx file from my old iRose client from 2005

Hope it helps,

Rob

Looks like it's the IDX file of iROSE v133.
It doesn't work with VFS Workshop not because it's not supported, but because this IDX file is corrupted.
The offset of ROOT.VFS points to the wrong address. If you change the integer on address 0x66 from 0x00127EE2 to 0x0014F625 (the true offset of ROOT.VFS in this IDX file), it works just fine. All you need to do is fix (yes, this IDX file is broken, and that's why other VFS tool makers claim that "ROSE doesn't use ROOT.VFS and thus it needs to be ignored", which is false) this offset for VFS Workshop to work. Other VFS tools are TriggerVFS.dll-dependent, and most likely TriggerVFS.dll has another method (a dumb one) for parsing the IDX file, which successfully parses even a corrupted file... :roll:
IaguCool
Smoulie
Smoulie

PreviousNext

Return to Tools and File Format