Adding an item from scratch.

This forum is for main questions (format files, STB / STL and so on).

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)

Adding an item from scratch.

Postby BlueEyes on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:06 pm

For any of you guys reading this in 2018 when he says "line xx" he means column xx.
Regards- A mod who saw this when searching around.

Hey guys this is my first guide. and i think my first new thread. :? lol anyways here you go.

basically the overview of this guid is to teach people an in-depth guide on how to add an item to your client from scratch (im using osrose as the guide might be different from osprose and osirose but might not. not sure.)

firstly. i'm sure there's like a million threads and guides about file types and associations but im just gonna tell you again for the people who cant use the SEARCH button. (like me ;))

basically you have the .STL which is the file description and Name
the you have the .STB which is basically the client sided look and doesn't really do anything except fix some bugs and make it look pretty. the only really major thing about the stb is that it directs the client to the Model you are using in the 3ddata directory.
then you have the .ZSC which is sort of a bridge. imagine that the .STB/Model you are using is on one side of a cliff and the client is on the other side. the .ZSC is a bridge that lets them all meet in the middle and be friends.
.CSV this is the server sided values and makes all of the stuff acctually work on the server side. for example if you changed the appearance of the movement speed on some wings in the .STB file on your screen you would be moving fast but on everyone elses screen you are moving at normal speed. the .CSV changes this so that everyone sees what you see. and there are no problems with npc's loading and stuff. like with the speed glitch (you know the one where you sit and then click somewhere then press tab tab and ta-da glitch cakes but nothing loads for ages.) well the .csv changes all this so every thing loads and fixes most glitches.
.ZMS this is the model its self explanatory
.DDS this is the texture for the model (basically its the colours and stuff that make the model more than a big gray boring thing.)

ok now thats all the file types down onto the guide.

firstly you take your (hopefully edited and not stolen. not that i care its your client.) model and texture (.ZMS and .DDS)
Picture 1.gif

Then you take a .VFS editor (i use .VFS next gen) and add them both to your 3ddata directory for future reference.
Picture 2.gif

now down to the fun part. or not.
this is the confusing part so if your new to this please please please make a copy of your client just in case. i know i stuffed up like 3 clients or so trying to do this.

firstly i recomend you make a file somewhere called modding or something to keep all the files you need in.
now you need to extract all the .STB, .STL and .ZSC files for the item type your using. as you've probably noticed i'm using wings as an example here so you need to extract list_back.stb and list_back_s.stl these can both be found in 3ddata/STB in your 3ddata directory.
Picture 3.gif

then you need to extract the .ZSC (list_back.ZSC) which can be found in 3ddata/AVATAR

now down to editing these thingsto make it all come together.

lets start with the .STB hurray!
open up your .STB editor (ill attach one if you really want.) then open up list_back.STB in where ever you extracted it.
Picture 4.gif

the stb editor i use shows korean characters. i recomend google translator and common sense.

now find an empty line (preferably near items of a similar type so you can compare things if you get stuck.)
Picture 5.gif

Picture 6.gif

as you can see line 2 is the name of the item (not really important at the moment.)
and line 3 is the directory path (in your 3ddata directory) this is where you first direct the client to you model and texture. so say i added a model of wings to 3ddata/AVATAR/BACK/Example Item.zms and 3ddata/AVATAR/BACK/Example Item.dds i would type into this line 3ddata/AVATAR/BACK/Example Item.txt

im not sure if this is necessary. someone please tell me if it isn't but it might be.

also note the number of the line (235) as you will need this a lot later

now you can compare it to something near it with similar stats but change them to your own made up stats.

now onto the .STL

first you will need a .STL editor (will attach/give link.)

now open up your .STL and click "create new entry"
now go back to your .STB and go to line 52 on the item info you have just added and copy that random gibberish.
now back to your .STL
on your new entry paste the random gibberish into the line that is labeled "String Id" and then in this case in the line that is labeled "ID" add the number in your .STB you added you item onto (235 in this case)
Picture 7.gif

then add your name and description. dont worry about the chinese and stuff just copy and paste the english one into it and it will still work.

and now your done with the .STL, was that so hard?

now onto the .ZSC i use Sethanye and Maxxon's ZSC editor because it is easiest to use imo.

now open up that .ZSC you extracted so long ago and in the box that says entry type in the string of your item. (235 in this case) then click "jump to".
Picture 8.gif

NOW comes the hardest bit. you click "add ZMS resource" then add the .ZMS you are trying to add. by browsing and finding it in your folder with all your files in.
Picture 9.gif

Then once that's highlighted click the "rename ZMS resource" button and instead on like desktop/folder/blah/ect/Example Item.zms change it to the directory of your file where you put it in your 3ddata directory with the .vfs extractor. so like 3Ddata/AVATAR/BACK/Example Item.zms
Picture 10.gif

now you have to add your .DDS texture into it so whilst still in number 235 because you jumped to it and whilst still having the zms you just added highlighted click on "ADD DDS Resource" and browse for your .DDS where ever you put it.
Picture 11.gif

Then once again rename it to be the same as the directory you put the .DDS into so like. 3Ddata/AVATAR/BACK/Example Item.DDS
Picture 12.gif
Picture 12.gif (11.59 KiB) Viewed 47392 times

Now theres only one more thing you need to do to the .ZSC and that is while the .DDS is highlighted in the Green, Red, Blue, Alpha, Z test aand Z write columns type 1 instead of nothing. now save all these things. (.STB, .STL and .ZSC) and go back to your .VFS extractor and delete all these files from the VFS by right clicking and clicking delete then re add them in the SAME DIRECTORIES with the ones you edited.
Picture 12.gif
Picture 12.gif (11.59 KiB) Viewed 47392 times

LAST BIT!
now go into your server folder and open up equip_data.csv and scroll down until you get to itemtype 6. (in this case) and find 235. then edit the stats. don't worry its all in english! then save that and exit it.
Picture 13.gif
Picture 13.gif (7.83 KiB) Viewed 47369 times

NOW

open up your client and type /item 235 6 1 and it should come up with your wings. put them on and TA-DA edited wings! :D
Picture 14.gif
Picture 14.gif (41.78 KiB) Viewed 47369 times

the wings are slightly to the side in the picture but thats jsut me and my 3ds max editing (got it off by a bit) if this happens just keep trying :D

I'm sorry about the icon. I'm not quite sure how to do that yet. but i'm sure there are various guides around that will explain how to change icons.

GOOD LUCK!

BlueEyes
Tools.rar
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 2236 times

CREDITS!
VfsNextGen; AuRose dev team
ZSC editor; Sethanye and Maxxon
STL editor; BhaaL
STB editor; Arnold
Zms veiwer; Spark

Special thanks to lmame for helping me upload all the stuff
Last edited by BlueEyes on Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueEyes
Smoulie
Smoulie

Re: Adding an item from scratch.

Postby Cellcote on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:45 pm

excellent :) will hope this will work out for me once.
Cellcote
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Rescudo on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:05 pm

Very good and detailed guide, thanks and kudos. ;)
SEARCH - it's there for a reason!
Rescudo
El Verloon Marshall
El Verloon Marshall

Postby BlueEyes on Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:14 pm

thank you and i hope it works out for you too Cellcote trust me it took me AGES to figure it out and like a said quite a few clients. but once you get the hang of it it's easy :D
BlueEyes
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Maxxon on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:04 am

nice guide :)
an anymous comment on a program called reloader:
what if a fatal error happens, will it restart it?
Maxxon
Hawker's pet
Hawker's pet

Postby BlueEyes on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:09 pm

Maxxon wrote:nice guide :)

Thank you :D
BlueEyes
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby lmame on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:42 pm

Yep very nice :D
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby Calder on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:11 pm

Time for a tutorial sub forum so these works don't get lost?
Calder
Clown
Clown

Postby lmame on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:27 pm

Perhaps indeed, or a sticky list or something.
The world is full of love and peace ^_^
lmame
Admin
Admin

Postby BlueEyes on Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:55 pm

:O a reply from Calder AND lmame

thank you.

also if anyone needs any help or has any troubles with my guide please feel free to ask me
BlueEyes
Smoulie
Smoulie

Next

Return to Client Editing Question Zone