Edit Monster drops Guide ???

This forum is for main questions (format files, STB / STL and so on).

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)

Edit Monster drops Guide ???

Postby Darkedge on Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:38 pm

I searched the forums for my answer, but came up empty. Is there a guide on how to edit monster drops and what programs do i need todo this kinda thing ? And also, do i need to have any language packs installed on my computer to read the drops list or anything like that ?

Thanks
darkedge
Darkedge
Smoulie
Smoulie

Re: Edit Monster drops Guide ???

Postby Ghost_Dragon on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:02 pm

First off can you tell us what system you are using.....osRose, osiRose, ospRose? I know if you are using osiRose or ospRose that the system is using Purple's custom drop code with is running of your mysql table item_drops (I am not sure if osRose is using this code yet). And this table is completely in english so there are no need for any language packs. There are topics on drops.....use multipe keywords to find them....or just search "DROPS".

In your MySQL table item_drops....you should see these colums:

1. ref - Item drop reference number...really just its order number.
2. id - This is the items id number taken directly from your STB/STLs.
3. type - This is the items type (i.e. 2 = caps, 3 = body and so on).
4. min_level - The minimum level the player has to be to recieve this drop.
5. max_level - The maximum level the player has to be to recieve this drop.
6. prob - The probability the item will drop (i.e. 1000 = 100%, 500 = 50% and so on down).
7. map - Specific map the item drops on (leave zero for all maps).
8. mon - Specific monster the item drops from (leave zero for all monsters).
9. alt - This refers to alternate versions of this item (i.e. Saint, Devil, Grand and so on).
10. description - The items name taken directly from your STL.
------------------>SEARCH<-------------------
Ghost_Dragon
Pomic
Pomic

Postby Darkedge on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:25 pm

I am running osirose
Darkedge
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Ghost_Dragon on Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:50 pm

Well that's and easy thing then. I'll try my best to help you out though I think Purple is the best for handling this since its his custom drop system.

I know in the future revisions they will remove any bits of the old drop code from the files because its running off the new system. I however went ahead and did it already, not going to get into what to remove though. Its really quite simple on what you do. If you are trying to add a specific drop make sure you look into the item_drops.sql table before you add one in....this is due to it may already be in there.

I am going to use a blood charm as an example:

First we know that blood charms are a useitem aka a consumable....item type 10. We also know that it's item id is 383...why you ask...because we found it in the LIST_USEITEM_S.STL. Ok...next...

I search my item_drops.sql table and see its not dropping at all....good this means it will be a new drop and not a modification of a current drop. *Note if you see the same item on the table more then once it just increases the chance of getting it (i.e. item is on there 2 times at 100% prob..means the item can drop 200% of the time..or something to that affect).*

Now I am going to add this item since its a new drop.

1. ref - I am going to give this item a ref number of lets say 3000 ( might already be taken..just example).

2. id - I know the blood charms id is 383 so I enter it here.

3. type - I know the blood charms type is 10 so i enter it here.

Now comes the fun part....

4. min_level - I want all my players to be at least level 50 before they can recieve this item...so I enter 50 here.

5. max_level - I want all my players to not recieve the item after they are lets say 125...so I enter 125 here.

6. prob - Well I decided that I want this item to be very rare so at like lets say 5 percent chance....so I enter 50 here ( 50 is 5% of 1000).

7. map - I want this to have the chance of only dropping lets say on one of the Junon Clanfield maps...so I enter 13 for map 13.

8. mon - I really don't care what moster drops this item so I am going to enter 0.

9. alt - Blood Charms don't have alternate names so i am going to go with the default values for this field.....0|0|0|0|0|0|0

And last but not least....

10. decription - I am going to enter Blood Charm here so i have a qick reference to it faster when searching my drops table.

As you can see its qite simple to edit your drops now....I used to struggle so bad with drops and now I can totally redo my entire test server's drops in the matter of a few short minutes.

I hope I didn't confuse you to much...like I said its Purple's system and he could probably explain it better then me.
Ghost_Dragon
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:06 pm

Nice description GhostDragon.

I would like to correct you on a couple of minor errors though ;)

Minlevel and maxlevel refer to the level of the monster (column 7 or I in LIST_NPC.STB), not the player. As long as players are hitting mobs with yellow names it amounts to the same thing though.

The use of map or mob values causes drops in addition to the level settings.

In your example, the blood charm will end up dropping from ALL monsters of any level in Junon clan fields and from ALL monsters EVERYWHERE that fall between your min and max level range.

It presently is not possible to limit it by range AND by map. It is an OR relationship the way it is coded currently. Maybe i need to modify that. :P
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Ghost_Dragon on Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:09 pm

Thanks Purple for that....I was wondering why the heck I was getting these damn clan points dropping everywhere else to....see you learn something new all the time.
Ghost_Dragon
Pomic
Pomic

Postby Darkedge on Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:31 pm

Have 1 more question,

i also have jrose files that i extracted using Icon's extractor. my question is, how do i implant them in the game using the irose client ? (using 7hearts client)
Darkedge
Smoulie
Smoulie

Postby Calder on Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:29 pm

Doubt you're going to get much Arcturus support here, in fact I believe it's against the rules. But how exactly are you using our client without our server files O.o lol.
Calder
Clown
Clown

Postby Drakia on Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:04 pm

He didn't mention those files o.O He mentioned adding the jRose files to an iRose client.
My favorite skill is scaring new users away.
If you haven't SEARCHED expect me to yell at you.
Drakia
ospRose dev team
ospRose dev team

Postby soccerstar on Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:10 pm

Calder wrote:Doubt you're going to get much XxXxXxX support here, in fact I believe it's against the rules. But how exactly are you using our client without our server files O.o lol.

lol you just broke the rules
Search, Just Do It.
soccerstar
Clown
Clown

Next

Return to Client Editing Question Zone