Client Editing

This forum is for main questions (format files, STB / STL and so on).

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)

Re: Client Editing

Postby Tartie on Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:10 am

PurpleYouko wrote:Why exactly are you editing the code in Database.cpp?

You seriously should NOT be messing with that unless you are a bit of an expert.
Even I don't ever mess with those core files like database control stuff if i can help it. One wrong bit of code and the entire server is dead, possibly irretrievably so.

You just overwrote all the original values that were being copied into the CDatabase object.
Those values need to be passed into the new database object via the list of objects included in the function call
  1. CDatabase::CDatabase( char* server , char* username, char* password, char* database, unsigned int port , MYSQL* mysql)

Note char* server is a char array (kind of a string but more primitive) and NOT the word localhost which means absolutely nothing to the C++ compiler. If you had written it as "127.0.0.1" (including the speech marks) it might just have worked but I kind of doubt it. The code is expecting a char array rather than a string so chances are it would just die.

Same for Username, Password and Database.
Strangely, the Port value 3306 will most like actually work in the way that you coded it. The others though, They aren't even going to let you compile in the present format (thankfully) If it did compile like this your server would like be completely ruined until you put it all back the way it was.

The CDatabase constructor needs to take inputs so that all these values remain variable. The are initially read in from the .conf files in your server binary folder. That's where you edit your database info. NOT in a highly sensitive bit of core code.

My best advice here is to undo all the changes that you made in this file and then recompile the server. And i mean ALL. If you leave any change at all in there, however tiny, chances are your code base is screwed forever. Might be best to just download the server source and start over.
just remember all your editing should be in the CONF files, not the code.

Aww :o ~ sorry I know I was wrong...i undo all I have encode already sir PY...my bad :roll: :P thank for the advice PY it helps a lot..now my problem is this CMS thing I can't login into the server this error show.

I posted this in "New CMS" threads/Post but I got no reply I was wondering if you could help me on this? Thank you PY...
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:51 pm

I don't really know anything about that CMS.

I've never used one that was publicly released as I would rather create a new one whenever I need to. I've built several over the years but I've never so much as looked at the one you are using.

Just from the error though, it looks as if it is attempting to load in a file which contains the current patch number and for some reason that number is coming in as zero.
That could be because the file is missing?
It could be because it's not reading the files location properly?
It may be that the file actually does contain a revision number of zero.

I have no way to know without spending hours going through the source code of the CMS and I'm sorry but I have absolutely no interest or intention of doing that.

Is that thing actually a CMS anyway? or is it a launcher? It kind of looks like NeonCube with a skin.
A true CMS is a website and I don't know of any that are able to actually launch the game from a website.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby Tartie on Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:59 am

PurpleYouko wrote:I don't really know anything about that CMS.

I've never used one that was publicly released as I would rather create a new one whenever I need to. I've built several over the years but I've never so much as looked at the one you are using.

Just from the error though, it looks as if it is attempting to load in a file which contains the current patch number and for some reason that number is coming in as zero.
That could be because the file is missing?
It could be because it's not reading the files location properly?
It may be that the file actually does contain a revision number of zero.

I have no way to know without spending hours going through the source code of the CMS and I'm sorry but I have absolutely no interest or intention of doing that.

Is that thing actually a CMS anyway? or is it a launcher? It kind of looks like NeonCube with a skin.
A true CMS is a website and I don't know of any that are able to actually launch the game from a website.

Oh...thanks Sir PY I got this CMS on this thread...
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5488&p=58158&hilit=CMS#p58158
I wandering maybe you lend an extra coded Website or coded htdoc for me to use??hehehe :oops: hehehe :roll:
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Postby Tartie on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Hello PY...I was trying my luck for Dev Rev 4 any Idea how can I edit Whisper or the Broadcast of NA client?? I want to change it because it has the name of other server..
Attachments
Announcement.png
Broadcast box
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Postby yellajo on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:46 am

Tartie wrote:Hello PY...I was trying my luck for Dev Rev 4 any Idea how can I edit Whisper or the Broadcast of NA client?? I want to change it because it has the name of other server..

where can i edit those?
yellajo
Little soul
Little soul

Postby Tartie on Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:08 am

Just want to ask about the problem I have seen from the server I was working...how can I fix the problem in Players Shop when I sell materials example limpid skin or else it crashes...is there anyone who can help me great Devs of Rose...Thanks in advance...by the way I'm using the Tsuki Sever and client aswell...again thank you for responding my post..
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Previous

Return to Client Editing Question Zone