Client Editing

This forum is for main questions (format files, STB / STL and so on).

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)

Re: Client Editing

Postby merlon on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:07 pm

you need to compile your 3ddata folder into .VFS, and 3gb isnt that much, what client did you steal from? lol
merlon
Antares
Antares

Postby Raavi on Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:24 pm

Congrantiolations to make a reaction on a post made in april, second he means that after all the patches (Ye, TriggerVFS.dll don't delete the old stuff from the VFS it is full of junk) it got 3gb, so he want to extract it and repack it so it will be hella lot smaller
Raavi
Rackie
Rackie

Postby Mysilverheroine on Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Hi i am new to here in forum

i followed rl2171 guides

i got it working we are playing it

im using rev 80 and my rose in rosena v139

there are so many bugs like the items

i cant see the image it is invisible and it had no name but i can equip it and i can attack

how to fix that ???

and i wnt to know how to add a item on my rose
Mysilverheroine
Little soul
Little soul

Postby Tartie on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:07 pm

Hope i'm not in a wrong section just want to ask how can I edit this in the client for the Item mall and the announcement in game...sorry i'm just new in editing world guys hope you could help me..thank you..

Announcments:

Item Mall pop-ups:

I want to edit this since its for srose I was using srose client guys..

greets,
Tartie
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:38 pm

The tips are stored in HELP.STB and HELP_S.STL

Not sure about the popups. I can't say I've ever bothered to go looking for those
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby BarneyK on Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:35 am

I think the pop ups are built in in the client it self however dont take my word on that i have no idea how those work tbh lol.. nor do i wanna investigate them either.
BarneyK
Little soul
Little soul

Postby Tartie on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:17 am

PurpleYouko wrote:The tips are stored in HELP.STB and HELP_S.STL

Not sure about the popups. I can't say I've ever bothered to go looking for those

Thank you PY... after editing it PY what should I do?? do I just have to save it or anything? :?

Another thing PurpleYouko...please correct me on this if I did wrong..

I edit the database Am I doing wrong or anything sir??? :?
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Postby Circa on Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:29 pm

After editing code you have to recompile it if you want the changes to take effect.
Circa
Clown
Clown

Postby Tartie on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:26 am

Circa wrote:After editing code you have to recompile it if you want the changes to take effect.

sorry for the nood question...so sir I should recompile it in codeblocks sir?? :oops:
Tartie
Pomic
Pomic

Postby PurpleYouko on Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:46 am

Why exactly are you editing the code in Database.cpp?

You seriously should NOT be messing with that unless you are a bit of an expert.
Even I don't ever mess with those core files like database control stuff if i can help it. One wrong bit of code and the entire server is dead, possibly irretrievably so.

You just overwrote all the original values that were being copied into the CDatabase object.
Those values need to be passed into the new database object via the list of objects included in the function call
  1. CDatabase::CDatabase( char* server , char* username, char* password, char* database, unsigned int port , MYSQL* mysql)

Note char* server is a char array (kind of a string but more primitive) and NOT the word localhost which means absolutely nothing to the C++ compiler. If you had written it as "127.0.0.1" (including the speech marks) it might just have worked but I kind of doubt it. The code is expecting a char array rather than a string so chances are it would just die.

Same for Username, Password and Database.
Strangely, the Port value 3306 will most like actually work in the way that you coded it. The others though, They aren't even going to let you compile in the present format (thankfully) If it did compile like this your server would like be completely ruined until you put it all back the way it was.

The CDatabase constructor needs to take inputs so that all these values remain variable. The are initially read in from the .conf files in your server binary folder. That's where you edit your database info. NOT in a highly sensitive bit of core code.

My best advice here is to undo all the changes that you made in this file and then recompile the server. And i mean ALL. If you leave any change at all in there, however tiny, chances are your code base is screwed forever. Might be best to just download the server source and start over.
just remember all your editing should be in the CONF files, not the code.
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

PreviousNext

Return to Client Editing Question Zone