Socket ID?

This forum is for main questions (format files, STB / STL and so on).

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)

Socket ID?

Postby tackyjan on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:15 am

Hello All!!

I found a tutorial explaining how to send a simple chat packet to the Rose server (here is the link: https://sites.google.com/site/rosecheats/tutorials/analyzing-decrypting-and-modifying-rose-online-network-packets). I understand everything about what's going on except the socket ID.

In that tutorial they explain that, in order to send the data to the client, you need to get the socket id and use it for your outbound traffic. I am guessing what is going on here is, since the Rose client and server already have a connection you are not creating a new connection per say but rather you are sending data to an already open socket.

Is it possible to get the socket ID from the inbound traffic or does the WPE PRO program get the socket ID from the TRose.exe process (which you have to select in a pulldown menu before you can send anything)?

I have done several Google searches for how to create new TCP connections but I haven't found anything that describes connecting to an already opened connection. Is this something that you can do (i.e. "hijack" a currently opened connection) or does WPE PRO somehow pass the data through the client (TRose.exe)?

Thanks!!

Jan
tackyjan
Jelly Bean
Jelly Bean

Return to Client Editing Question Zone