[HELP] Creating new scrolls for teleport

This forum is for main questions (format files, STB / STL and so on).

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)

[HELP] Creating new scrolls for teleport

Postby oppin06 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:00 am

Hi everyone just wanna ask if there is something I can do in making some new scrolls for teleport because my client doesnt have any teleporter ( or a guide for making a teleporter I guess ) I am searching and searching some stuff in this forums but I didnt even know how they open .STB or .STL to hard code things or making a new scroll. If you mind helping me too in putting it on a NPC because I found a TUTORIAL in putting it but the images was no longer available so I am having a bad time.
oppin06
Little soul
Little soul

Re: [HELP] Creating new scrolls for teleport

Postby PurpleYouko on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:09 pm

adding a new scroll can be done from STB / STL. no other editing necessary

The files you need are LIST_USITEMS.STB , LIST_USEITEM_S.STL and LIST_SKILL.STB

You can get all of these files from the 3DDATA/STB folder in the VFS.

Just check in the tools forum for suitable tools for extracting VFS and editing STBs
http://forum.dev-osrose.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1026

Around line 350 (in the STB) you will find some return scrolls
This is what it looks like in my STB editor (customised for version 137 client) Some of the columns may be different in your chosen client.
Useitems_STB.png

Unfortunately it's not quite as simple as just changing this entry.
The number in column "Requirement Value 2" actually points to a row in LIST_SKILL.STB
here is the LIST_SKILL.STB entry for the scrolls
Scroll_Skills.png

As you can see from this image, the skill tells your server / client which map id and X,Y coordinates to send the player to when they use the scroll.

LIST_USEITEMS_S.STL will need a new entry for your new scroll so add one to it. Make sure the STLid in the STB is unique and matches the value in the second column of the STL

Once you have all 3 of these files edited you have to put them back into the VFS.
Make sure to delete the old versions from the VFS first or you will not see any changes
Also place the edited files into your server STB folder
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Postby oppin06 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:26 pm

PurpleYouko wrote:adding a new scroll can be done from STB / STL. no other editing necessary

The files you need are LIST_USITEMS.STB , LIST_USEITEM_S.STL and LIST_SKILL.STB

You can get all of these files from the 3DDATA/STB folder in the VFS.

Just check in the tools forum for suitable tools for extracting VFS and editing STBs
http://forum.dev-osrose.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1026

Around line 350 (in the STB) you will find some return scrolls
This is what it looks like in my STB editor (customised for version 137 client) Some of the columns may be different in your chosen client.
Useitems_STB.png

Unfortunately it's not quite as simple as just changing this entry.
The number in column "Requirement Value 2" actually points to a row in LIST_SKILL.STB
here is the LIST_SKILL.STB entry for the scrolls
Scroll_Skills.png

As you can see from this image, the skill tells your server / client which map id and X,Y coordinates to send the player to when they use the scroll.

LIST_USEITEMS_S.STL will need a new entry for your new scroll so add one to it. Make sure the STLid in the STB is unique and matches the value in the second column of the STL

Once you have all 3 of these files edited you have to put them back into the VFS.
Make sure to delete the old versions from the VFS first or you will not see any changes
Also place the edited files into your server STB folder

Thank you for fast reply IDOL Purple Youko.. Can you also help me or some links regarding on putting on different NPC or even a single one? so after I make scrolls I will directly put it on NPC? Thanks and Godbless!
oppin06
Little soul
Little soul

Postby oppin06 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:16 am

Capture.PNG

Just wanna add some of information PY I am having a hard time of changing X and Y axis coz I dont have any column regarding on those cells
oppin06
Little soul
Little soul

Postby PurpleYouko on Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:33 pm

it will be FAR to the left of that part of the table.
You are in the section related to graphical and audio effects in that screen shot
Need to lookup information on NARose items, skills, quests?
Now featuring a newly completed skill tree for all classes
Formatting fixed for different resolutions

"A Gazelle is nothing but a giraffe plotted logarithmicaly"
PurpleYouko
Rose Guru
Rose Guru

Return to Client Editing Question Zone