Keep client run when focus lost

This forum is for main questions (format files, STB / STL and so on).

Moderators: osRose dev team, ospRose dev team, osiRose dev team, Moderators

Forum rules
Client Editing is a delicate subject. osRose and osiRose will not support or use any Client Editing tool or results as a standard. So you are free to experiment, test, and develop there on Client Editing, but at your own risk :)

Keep client run when focus lost

Postby Yoyo497 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi all,

I have been wondering if somebody could tell me how to keep focus on all active clients ( since the client freezes once you loose focus ).

Im running Evo 139 client.

thx
Yoyo497
Little soul
Little soul

Re: Keep client run when focus lost

Postby L3nn0x on Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:43 pm

Hi Yoyo497,

If I'm not mistaken, the client doesn't freeze once in the background, it's just the graphics that aren't getting updated and it's inherent of Windows I'm afraid...

On Windows 10, you can have (at least) 2 graphical applications running side by side, but the one without focus will have it's graphics refreshed at a much lower rate than the one with focus. (I'd say 1 frame per 5 sec or something, I didn't really count.)
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Raven0123 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:52 am

L3nn0x wrote:Hi Yoyo497,

If I'm not mistaken, the client doesn't freeze once in the background, it's just the graphics that aren't getting updated and it's inherent of Windows I'm afraid...

On Windows 10, you can have (at least) 2 graphical applications running side by side, but the one without focus will have it's graphics refreshed at a much lower rate than the one with focus. (I'd say 1 frame per 5 sec or something, I didn't really count.)

Well this isn't exactly true.. In 7skies we had a option where it would keep rendering in the background. It's 100% possible to make the client keep rendering. YOu can inject a dll into the client and capture the windows event before the client gets it and tell it that it is still in focus, or you can patch the main loop of the game and have it instead of if(has_focus == true) have it just if(true) or better yet just nop the if check out
Raven0123
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby L3nn0x on Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:16 am

Oh okay, I thought it was more complex than that actually. It's still not easily feasible but at least it's patchable.
L3nn0x
osiRose dev
osiRose dev

Postby Yoyo497 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Thx for your replies. In titanrose I used this option as well in the clients. It is good to know its not just an easy config file that needed to be edited to keep the client rendering but it needs to be done by injection.

So far I havn't done any manipulation on the client yet so it would take some time for me to get this working. Could anyone tell me what file contains the main loop ?
Yoyo497
Little soul
Little soul

Return to Client Editing Question Zone